Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Jul 6, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #1,366 of 2,316
guys, reading through the thread and just curious how does the Dethonray decode DSD and what is it ability to do it? Some of my fav albums just happen to be in DSD128 and 256. Thanks!

Jul 7, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #1,367 of 2,316
guys, reading through the thread and just curious how does the Dethonray decode DSD and what is it ability to do it? Some of my fav albums just happen to be in DSD128 and 256. Thanks!

ATVM, I am using Tascam Hi-res Editor to convert my 128s to 64s. I'll report again if it works.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #1,368 of 2,316
I would like to report that the conversion was successful and the DTR1 is able to decode the converted DSD files.

IMG_20200708_161221.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #1,370 of 2,316
Anything known about the next model dtr2?
No plan for any DTR2 at the moment. Anson is now fully occupied with the upcoming USB DAC/AMP Honey H1. He told me months ago that his new DAP would have touch screen, 4.4mm output, BT, maybe Android, but he decided to put this project on hold for the time being.

The DTR1 being such a success, there most likely will be a "DTR2" in the future, but it's not for now.

Jul 14, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #1,371 of 2,316
Believe someone mentioned on FB that the next player from Anson will be in 2021.
Still has some ways to go and the DTR1 is showing no signs of aging in terms of performance.

Still hard pressed to find a credible competitor over a year after the DTR1 launched.
If you're keen to try, maybe the FiiO M11 pro Stainless Steel edition. It's the only other player i find that competes well with DTR1.
Power wise the DTR1 still tops the M11 pro SS, but everything else is comparable if not better.

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #1,372 of 2,316
Believe someone mentioned on FB that the next player from Anson will be in 2021.
Still has some ways to go and the DTR1 is showing no signs of aging in terms of performance.

Still hard pressed to find a credible competitor over a year after the DTR1 launched.
If you're keen to try, maybe the FiiO M11 pro Stainless Steel edition. It's the only other player i find that competes well with DTR1.
Power wise the DTR1 still tops the M11 pro SS, but everything else is comparable if not better.
If this person on FB has the same direct contact as I have with Anson, then it would be interesting to know a bit more about it.

Regarding the FiiO M11 Pro SS, I never listened to it. How is it better than the DTR1? Can you elaborate further?

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #1,373 of 2,316
If this person on FB has the same direct contact as I have with Anson, then it would interesting to know a bit more about it.

Regarding the FiiO M11 Pro SS, I never listened to it. How is it better than the DTR1? Can you elaborate further?

Yeah. Still keeping tabs here for your updates (back to lurker mode :) )

The FiiO M11 Pro SS is more musical, airy, wider staging, a touch more lush and smoother.
Was surprised at how much better it sounded over the standard M11 Pro.

So am rotating between the DTR1 and M11 Pro SS on my daily comments and home use.
Really a nice place to be in at the moment. :L3000:

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #1,374 of 2,316
Yeah. Still keeping tabs here for your updates (back to lurker mode :) )

The FiiO M11 Pro SS is more musical, airy, wider staging, a touch more lush and smoother.
Was surprised at how much better it sounded over the standard M11 Pro.

So am rotating between the DTR1 and M11 Pro SS on my daily comments and home use.
Really a nice place to be in at the moment. :L3000:
DAPs that complement themselves are nice to have. My Calyx M is your M11 Pro SS.

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #1,376 of 2,316

DTR1 is cheaper than fiio, so dethonray better in price/performance ratio. For the price it's hard to find comparable players, although I never listened to the fiio. I'm just curious in what areas the next model can get better, maybe I would like little bit wider soundstage

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #1,377 of 2,316
DTR1 is cheaper than fiio, so dethonray better in price/performance ratio. For the price it's hard to find comparable players, although I never listened to the fiio. I'm just curious in what areas the next model can get better, maybe I would like little bit wider soundstage
Wider soundstage can be achieved with the drivers. Just my opinion of course.

Jul 14, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #1,378 of 2,316

Depends on the user.

The FiiO M11 pro SS is android based and has much more feature set than the dedicated only music DTR1 player.
I'd say they're both the best value in their respective category of products.

Sound alone, the M11 pro SS does as well as the DTR1 when volume matched. The latter being superior when trying to drive harder to drive headphones.

Jul 14, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #1,380 of 2,316

Users who are viewing this thread

Back