Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Jul 20, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #1,381 of 2,316
I don't know its a bug or not. After it was full charge, i couldn't turn it on. I held the power button for long time but couldn't get it on. It just could turn on when i hit reset button. It only happened when it got full charge.

I'm experiencing hit-and-miss boots and reset behaviour ATM. What resolved your problem?

Also, anyone knows the steps to reset the device?

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #1,383 of 2,316
I think there is a reset hole between micro-HDMI and headphone output.

Yes. Thank you. But just poking the reset hole for greater than 10 seconds doesn't work. Thinking there might be some steps to make the reset kick in.

I'm just randomly pressing the power button and poking the hole and praying the device resets. :) Which it does but I haven't figured out the proper invocation.

---

EDIT: Poke reset hole then press power button for at least 10 seconds does the trick for reset looks like.

MORE EDITS: Poke and hold the reset hole until the device boots if above fails.

Poke and hold the reset button for around 10 seconds. It will boot. I'm an idiot.
---

UPDATE: Battery at four bars. Same experience. Need to reset to bring the device back up. This is stressing me big time.

Another UPDATE: device working normally now. Will update firmware in time.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #1,384 of 2,316
Is there a firmware update? I will have to check when I get home from work, see what firmware I have now (the procedure for updating has me a bit nervous).
Enjoying my player-have a 1 Tb card about half full, boot up is very quick, sound is nice (using Westone W60 for the most part). Battery life is a bit disappointing-seem to get about 5-6 hours from a charge, is rated for more, I believe (but I mostly use it falling asleep, so not a big practical problem. I generally set it to shut after 60 minutes, so I can get a pretty good sense of how long the battery lasts).

Jul 22, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #1,385 of 2,316
Is there a firmware update? I will have to check when I get home from work, see what firmware I have now (the procedure for updating has me a bit nervous).
Enjoying my player-have a 1 Tb card about half full, boot up is very quick, sound is nice (using Westone W60 for the most part). Battery life is a bit disappointing-seem to get about 5-6 hours from a charge, is rated for more, I believe (but I mostly use it falling asleep, so not a big practical problem. I generally set it to shut after 60 minutes, so I can get a pretty good sense of how long the battery lasts).
My dtr1 works about 8-8,5 hours

Latest firmware is V4.0.
Some new features of V4.0.
1. Add right-click page turning function
2. Fixed DSD2PCM volume bug.
3. Adjust volume to 4 when setting low gain to highg gain.
4. Add power key back to main menu option in setting.
5. Add long press left key back to main menu when In broswer mode.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #1,386 of 2,316
My dtr1 works about 8-8,5 hours

Latest firmware is V4.0.
Some new features of V4.0.
1. Add right-click page turning function
2. Fixed DSD2PCM volume bug.
3. Adjust volume to 4 when setting low gain to highg gain.
4. Add power key back to main menu option in setting.
5. Add long press left key back to main menu when In broswer mode.

dude, thank you for sharing. how did I miss this :triportsad:

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #1,388 of 2,316
I'm on 4.0. Don't get the time you do, sad...

Jul 23, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #1,389 of 2,316
I'm on 4.0. Don't get the time you do, sad...
On the DTR1, the playing time between 2 charges highly depends on the gain set and the kind of files played. I am not surprised to read that there is such a discrepancy between 2 users. Myself, playing on mid- and high gain, FLAC, ALAC and AIFF files, I get a solid 7 hours.

Jul 23, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #1,390 of 2,316
I have question no any change in sound?

Jul 23, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #1,391 of 2,316
On the DTR1, the playing time between 2 charges highly depends on the gain set and the kind of files played. I am not surprised to read that there is such a discrepancy between 2 users. Myself, playing on mid- and high gain, FLAC, ALAC and AIFF files, I get a solid 7 hours.
I forgot to say what I'm using low gain always. This is probably why it plays 8-8.5 hours
I have question no any change in sound?
Do you mean the latest firmware? No, I have not noticed any changes

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #1,392 of 2,316
Yes in last firmware. Thats fine, because I very like signature.

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #1,394 of 2,316
I'm generally using low gain with iem's. I generally listen to FLAC, some Hi-rez FLAC, which I understand does use more battery. The way I use it (usually at bedtime, setting it to shut off at 60 minutes), makes it fairly easy to figure how long the charge lasts (the number of days until I need to charge again equals the number of hours the charge lasts). I have to say, I expected it to last longer, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Jul 23, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #1,395 of 2,316
I'm generally using low gain with iem's. I generally listen to FLAC, some Hi-rez FLAC, which I understand does use more battery. The way I use it (usually at bedtime, setting it to shut off at 60 minutes), makes it fairly easy to figure how long the charge lasts (the number of days until I need to charge again equals the number of hours the charge lasts). I have to say, I expected it to last longer, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
If you enjoy it, that's the most important

Users who are viewing this thread

Back