Details!
Jan 5, 2011 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Xymordos

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm using the ER4P currently. Is there an IEM that can provide me with more details than them? I just want all the details possible, every single bit. Details is the only requirement!

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 27
Well conventional wisdom says: your there.

You could read through Joker's amazing iem thread for detail observations but ER4 series seems to be what your looking for, RE 0 is also mentioned (i love these, but would love to give the ER4 a shot). Happy hunting.

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 27

Quote:
Well conventional wisdom says: your there.

You could read through Joker's amazing iem thread for detail observations but ER4 series seems to be what your looking for, RE 0 is also mentioned (i love these, but would love to give the ER4 a shot). Happy hunting.

Thanks, I'll take a look at the RE-0s. And I read that thread. Every other IEM seem to be less clarity than the ER4s...

EDIT: hmm..seems like the 252s are better than RE-0? and CK-10 is around the same level?

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 27
Well, the 252s have a fuller sound and are perhaps more complete, but they are not as micro detailed as the RE 0. Though close. Who doesnt read that thread! heh CK 10 also gets mentioned though I dont think they are that easily had currently.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #5 of 27
Here is a direct comparison between the RE0 and the ER4P:

http://www.headfonia.com/detail-experts-etymotics-er4-phonak-pfe122-and-hifiman-re-0/4/

I haven't tried either, but I've had no issues with lack of detail with my CK10's. They are well known to be speedy IEM's with fast decay, for clarity, as well as good dynamic range. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 27
I've owned the re0 and had the ck10 for a few weeks.  If you could I'd go for the ck10 as they are one of the most detailed IEM's I've ever heard.  The re0 is detailed but sounds really thin like there's no weight to it at all.  I didn't get that feeling with the ck10, plus the build quality is miles above the re0 and they fit better in the ear too.  Of course you'll pay more though but I think it's worth it if you like that analytical sound.  I've never heard the ER4P but I've read that they are really detailed and emphasize the highs of the sound spectrum.  You seem to already have a great iem for detail though.

If you have time go take a look at joker's iem review thread.  It should contain all the information you need to make your choice. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #7 of 27
Thanks everyone for the comments. Hmm RE-0 are thin? Then they're not really for me...
I want analytical and raw detail. Or maybe I should get an E9 and see how the ER4P gives detail.
Yeah the CK100 I've read is around the same level of detail as ER4s. But so expensive...gotta save up... I'm sure triple driver will produce less roll off on the bass and treble.

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #9 of 27
 Thanks, quick question: is the JH customs clear?

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #10 of 27
If you want customs you may want to look at the UE capitol IEMs. The reviews i have read about it is that it is unforgivable detailed and true to the source compared to the other higher end customs which go for better presentation. I dont know exactly though as i have zero experience with customs. The ER4 is, to many the most detailed universal. BTW why would you want that much detail? You tend to forget the music when you seek out the tiny bits of detail in it.

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #11 of 27
I personally sometimes just like to listen for detail, especially for classical which these kinda IEM's just totally dominate.  Most times I want a fuller package. Some folks are detail junkies though, just like we have bass junkies and mids junkies. What a great hobby.

Quote:
If you want customs you may want to look at the UE capitol IEMs. The reviews i have read about it is that it is unforgivable detailed and true to the source compared to the other higher end customs which go for better presentation. I dont know exactly though as i have zero experience with customs. The ER4 is, to many the most detailed universal. BTW why would you want that much detail? You tend to forget the music when you seek out the tiny bits of detail in it.

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #12 of 27
I can't comment on the range of all IEMs available; however, based on glowing reports, I recently purchased the RE-0. To *my* ears, the RE-0s were VERY disappointing...the bass and mids sounded "bloated" relative to the high end and they definitely did not have the micro detail of the Etymotics. This is based on listening (a) directly out of the iPhone and (b) iPhone with a line-out + Shellbrook Super Mini Moy.  YMMV

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #13 of 27
The most detailed IEM I have heard was TF10 with Lune Cable. Treble/Bass extension/detail/texture were phenomenal. But I always found them lacking in some way, hard to describe but probably they sounded thin to me. I prefer IE8 more with its much thicker sound but the detail isn't so much in your face, but still there, just more laid back. I think you will find any IEM with a more aggressive/forward presentation to be more detailed since everything is more in your face. 

I also have the HF5 coming in tomorrow (hopefully!) so I will be able to comment how they compare in terms of details.

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #14 of 27
You want analytical but you have in your inventory a Etymotic hmmm. I say check the DBA-02 out...

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #15 of 27

Haha I have different tastes to you...I want my details in the face so I have the Etys. 
Quote:
The most detailed IEM I have heard was TF10 with Lune Cable. Treble/Bass extension/detail/texture were phenomenal. But I always found them lacking in some way, hard to describe but probably they sounded thin to me. I prefer IE8 more with its much thicker sound but the detail isn't so much in your face, but still there, just more laid back. I think you will find any IEM with a more aggressive/forward presentation to be more detailed since everything is more in your face. 

I also have the HF5 coming in tomorrow (hopefully!) so I will be able to comment how they compare in terms of details.

Yeah same! I have phones for fun and detail. Sometimes I get bored of the warm sound and want to just spend time looking for detail:)
To me the Etys are pretty messy in metal...even though im using FLAC. Maybe its my E7...
Quote:
I personally sometimes just like to listen for detail, especially for classical which these kinda IEM's just totally dominate.  Most times I want a fuller package. Some folks are detail junkies though, just like we have bass junkies and mids junkies. What a great hobby.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back