Destiny
Sep 10, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #121 of 2,062
That is all very true and thanks for reposting the bounty armor thing I discovered it in the beta but completely forgot about it haha and I never knew about the ammo think, that definitely helps.

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #122 of 2,062
I noticed the ammo thing while doing the Moon Strike mission. You burn through ammo there quickly. What a nightmare that mission was...

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #123 of 2,062
I'm not getting it I tried waiting behind a building for 30-45 seconds and my ammo did nothing, is it only on the moon it does this?

Sep 11, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #126 of 2,062
I noticed the ammo thing while doing the Moon Strike mission. You burn through ammo there quickly. What a nightmare that mission was...

That mission as pretty fun!  Me and Evs did it last night with a random dude and wiped once on the final fight.  But once you get in the flow of that fight (and find his weak spot), it's not too bad.

All minus 1 heavy round

You have to be completely out of all ammo types.

Sep 11, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #127 of 2,062

That mission as pretty fun!  Me and Evs did it last night with a random dude and wiped once on the final fight.  But once you get in the flow of that fight (and find his weak spot), it's not too bad.

You have to be completely out of all ammo types.

......*flips table fulla plates and walkes away*

Sep 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #128 of 2,062
Man, I have been having an absolute BLAST playing this game.  Hit level 20 last night, and I'm eager to start really working on the rep and such.

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #129 of 2,062
Even with the extremely repetitive missions? I honestly hope it gets better...

And what's up with the low level cap?

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #130 of 2,062
Even with the extremely repetitive missions? I honestly hope it gets better...

And what's up with the low level cap?

You don't have to do the Patrol missions if you find them repetitive.  Mostly I've been rerunning missions and strikes on harder modes and farming bounties (best way to gain XP) and just generally exploring and messing around.

Low level cap at 20 is really just where things really get going.  A lot unlocks at 20 (daily/weekly missions, strike queues, vanguard/crucible marks, etc).  After 20, you level up further by getting gear with the Light stat on it.  Took me about 12h to hit 20.  By my calculations, it should take me about 36h total to max out both sub-class skill trees.  I doubt I'll be working on an alt anytime soon.

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #131 of 2,062
You don't have to do the Patrol missions if you find them repetitive.

Well, you do have to in order to do the story, right? LoL. Kind of a redundant statement, if so...

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #132 of 2,062
Well, you do have to in order to do the story, right? LoL. Kind of a redundant statement, if so...

I am talking about the "Patrol" mode where you grab the missions from the blinking green beacons.  Those are repetitive and generic, I agree.  The "Story" mode missions I don't find to be repetitive, but I could see why someone would think that.  

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #133 of 2,062
Never thought of this till i ran upon another forum but those whose on the 4 my PSN is the same as my user name here for those who wanna play with/meet new people (please put head-fi on the message so i know where youve seen me at)

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #134 of 2,062
Well, I was speaking of the story. Have yet to dive into Patrol, because I new not what it was. I do know to avoid it, now, however.

Next time try not to assume what I speak of when I make a statement. If I meant "Patrol" missions being repetitive, I probably would have mentioned it :wink:

The story so far, on Earth, extremely repetitive. Like I said, hope it gets better...

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #135 of 2,062
Patrol missions are a good way of getting vanguard rep as well as crucible rep (since youll be farming materials to turn to the crucible handler for exp and whatnot.)

Patrols are the best way for basically glimmer and equipment farming, since once you know the loot locations, you can make rounds and the loots and materials will respawn.

Vanguard marks and crucible marks though... those require a loooot of grinding. Rep too, but patrols help.

Level 22, almost 23.

but yeah, its a bit repetitive. Best thing are the Strikes once you max level. They are random.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back