Destiny
Sep 8, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #91 of 2,062
I avoid Gamestop like a plague in general. I do all my game purchases through Amazon if it's console based, or Dealzon for PC stuff (i.e. deals for Steam, Origin, Green Man Gaming, etc). My gamestop days have been loooong gone. If I need to interact for something physical, I go to Best Buy.

Sep 8, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #92 of 2,062
Joining ze thread! Got LE shipping notice from Amazon at about 1:30!

I'm confused slightly. So they allowed you to buy the game on your PSN account, install it to your PS3, then install it to your nephew's PS3 and it could be played on his while you weren't signed into it? I thought you had to be signed into the PSN account that bought a game to play it, similar to how Microsoft handles it.

Friend bought Minecraft in XB360, I signed out of my live account and into his, downloaded the game, and then we played together. But I only played for like 15 minutes, lol!

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #93 of 2,062
http://www.bungie.net/7_Update-101---Patch-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12125

Patch notes are live.  Standout items for me:  pretty big warlock nerf, shotgun nerf, autorifle nerf, pulse rifle buff, increased crucible mark drop rate, increased strike rewards.

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #94 of 2,062
All hail the customer service of PayPal. That was actually really simple to resolve. After 2 phone calls both times waiting more than 25 minutes they wouldn't cancel the transaction. 1 call to PayPal, about a 4 minute wait and they had the pending transaction canceled. Since I had placed the pre-order over a month ago they didn't ask any questions beyond the account verification stuff and completed my request. Huzzah! That was super simple. Yay PayPal, boo Gamestop.

Now if somehow the Sparrow code makes its way into my inbox I certainly won't complain, but it's not a big deal. I saved money on the game thanks to Target.

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #95 of 2,062
So, I now actually have an excuse to "work from home" tomorrow.  I have some contractors coming over to finish up my bathroom from 10-2... which basically means stay home all day.  Hmmm... not sure how much work I'll get done tho...  lol

Sep 8, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #96 of 2,062
Hahaha - aw man, that means I'll hear drilling in addition to your fan in the background all day. ALL DAY!

Axel,
Hallelujah resolution! Also, I think I'll just gift my extra microphone to the parents and solve my problem while also doing birthdays :) step-dad is using his iPad mic to record GarageBand sessions, mom I just found out really wants to use dictation. Win!

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #97 of 2,062
Hahaha - aw man, that means I'll hear drilling in addition to your fan in the background all day. ALL DAY!

Axel,
Hallelujah resolution! Also, I think I'll just gift my extra microphone to the parents and solve my problem while also doing birthdays
smily_headphones1.gif
step-dad is using his iPad mic to record GarageBand sessions, mom I just found out really wants to use dictation. Win!

I'm going to just play "the most annoying sound in the world" from Dumb and Dumber on repeat every time we play together.  That should stop your complaining about the fan.

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #98 of 2,062
  I'm going to just play "the most annoying sound in the world" from Dumb and Dumber on repeat every time we play together.  That should stop your complaining about the fan.

I have to say, it got a lot quieter in our chat the other night once the fan was no longer in the background. :p

Sep 8, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #101 of 2,062

hey at least you guys play together all my friends are COD die hards (can't really complain before ghosts I used to be one myself) so it'll just be me myself and I till either some more or my ps3 friends gets a 4 or I make some new ones doing raids.

Sep 9, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #102 of 2,062
So everybody have an awesome midnight release!!!??? My gamestop had over 200 people show up sadly I could only finish the initial tutorial and put my codes in before I had to go to bed darn responsibilities and bills. So everybody liking it as much as the Beta gosh knows I'm loving it and will absolutely tear it up tomorrow afternoon (good ole' close opens).

Sep 9, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #103 of 2,062
My Destiny LE only just arrived via Amazon UPS! Yay everyday Santa!

Unboxing pics while the game updates:

Side flap is held closed by a magnet, pretty cool, and the steelbook and extras journal are suspended inside in slots:

Extras hardback book has a nice pebbly faux-leather texture, embossed designs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back