Destiny
Sep 9, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #106 of 2,062
I've been stalking PSN through my phone app. You lie, Mad Lust Envy... you lie!

Basically said "screw 'dem other games I'm playing me some Destiny before everyone else" LoL

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #107 of 2,062
Hahaha, I wanted to get started in on it. It was my day off-ish, so I wanted to get reacquainted. You wont see me plahing as much this week, as I have to:

Finish the T51 review

Start cleaning/moving out

Get used to Xillia 2 again, since I haven't played in almost a week

I'll most likely keep Diablo 3 to 'late night' playing *cough*work*cough*, once I clear Xillia 2.

To be honest, I don't have a strong desire to play Xillia 2, but I spent too much on it, so I will get it done.

I am turned off at the fact that Destiny basically penalizes players too far in level. Either one is too weak, or the other is too strong. I wish there was a way to literally make the higher level members scale down to the weakest guy on the team. It's no fun when someone is steamrolling everything.

This is something Bungie should've thought of. If we're gonna co-op, make it so we dont have to hold back because someone else is playing more.

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #108 of 2,062
^This is basically why I didn't enjoy the Alpha and Beta as much as Ev when we played together. He was basically steamrolling through enemies every time, while I was barely making any damage. I can see since I will be last to get some time in, I'll be playing by myself for a while... LoL

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #109 of 2,062
Borderlands had the same problem. They allowed unlimited number of characters so you could have one at any level which helped, but my favorite class was often stronger than my friends' characters. Auto-scaling of players would be best but I can't think of any systems where I've seen it successfully pulled off without a snag or two.

Sep 9, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #110 of 2,062
I mean... they DO actually scale so it's not as bad as Borderlands by any means.  You'll find that if you're level 8 shooting level 2 guys, it still takes more than one hit.

I think the effect you were seeing was that Evs (for example) was much more familiar with the game and was just moving ahead more confidently.  I have the same problem when I'm trying to get familiar with a game but everyone else knows the maps and knows what the hell is going on.  Not much the devs can do about that.

Personally, I wouldn't stress it.  Remember, we can make extra characters to play with lowbies if it really becomes an issue.

Sep 9, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #111 of 2,062
Nah... I'm straight. I'll holla when I feel I can fit in. I'd rather go through the main story alone, anyway.

*Goes to the corner of the sandbox to play by himself*

Sep 9, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #112 of 2,062
Nah... I'm straight. I'll holla when I feel I can fit in. I'd rather go through the main story alone, anyway.

*Goes to the corner of the sandbox to play by himself*

If it makes you feel better, I'm soloing because I have to.  Sony decided to make an offer they couldn't fulfill and now I'm stuck on the PS3 until they can get their **** together.  MS, on the other hand, had the upgrade working perfectly right from the start.  *sigh*  I am going to be so happy when people start wising up to Sony's BS.

EDIT - ...he says right as it starts working!!  Woo!  Downloading now!  Let's see if I can get onto the PS4 tonight!

Sep 9, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #113 of 2,062
  If it makes you feel better, I'm soloing because I have to.  Sony decided to make an offer they couldn't fulfill and now I'm stuck on the PS3 until they can get their **** together.  MS, on the other hand, had the upgrade working perfectly right from the start.  *sigh*  I am going to be so happy when people start wising up to Sony's BS.

EDIT - ...he says right as it starts working!!  Woo!  Downloading now!  Let's see if I can get onto the PS4 tonight!

Mine has been in "preparing for shipment" status since yesterday morning, lol. Just 30 minutes ago it updated to "shipping now...

My cheap ass chose free shipping... 
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #115 of 2,062
Bet you got some games downloaded you wish you can resell :p

Edit: I honestly think they are taking forever because they may not have a LE available :frowning2:

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #116 of 2,062
Yeah, like Killzone. But honestly, I don't buy many games throughout the year. I rent practically everything, though with current gen, Redbox has been slow on keeping up.

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #117 of 2,062
To me, digital games only make sense for PC. And even then, I don't have one... and probably never will...

I don't buy many games either. I've basically been chillin and waiting on Redbox to tighten up, as you mention. Luckily, Zombie was nice enough to let me borrow a couple to hold me over (Hello physical copies! :) ). They may come in real handy if Amazon delays my shipment passed the weekend.

Sep 10, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #118 of 2,062
^This is basically why I didn't enjoy the Alpha and Beta as much as Ev when we played together. He was basically steamrolling through enemies every time, while I was barely making any damage. I can see since I will be last to get some time in, I'll be playing by myself for a while... LoL

If you've a 4 I'll play with ya

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #119 of 2,062
So you all will feel my sadness and disappointment. So my store, against my personal feelings but hey tis way above my head, is discontinuing the Beyerdynamic line and are vastly discounting the price i.e. the ones I've always wanted and compete with my P7's for my heart but the T70p's are down to $260 after tax. Best and clearest soundstage I've ever heard and now for a price that is almost within my current budget but still just beyond. *Sigh* my dream gaming headphones may fall from my fingers. Sorry had to rant my sorrows and my fiancee doesn't really share my pain.

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #120 of 2,062
Some interesting facts I learned from reddit:

When you get to rank 15 on ANY of your characters, you unlock the subclass for all future characters immediately. - This means I don't have to slog through 15 levels of Gunslinger to get to Bladedancer!!  Halleluyah!

TIP: If you run out of ammo completely, just wait 30 seconds to get a refill on all 3 weapons. - This should come in really handy in early strikes before we have the money to waste on ammo packs.

PSA: Equip weapons or gear with locked upgrades before handing in bounties. - I actually figured this one out in the beta, but thought I'd repost it here because it's pretty handy.  One bounty will level your gear pretty fast so check your inventory after EACH bounty (if you have more than one bounty to turn in at a time).

All 26 Codes (reusable codes for grimoire cards, emblems and shaders) - Cheezy to grab these codes from reddit instead of finding them yourself?  Yep.  Do I care?  Nope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back