Destiny
Sep 13, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #152 of 2,062
lol I cannot say anything had off yesterday and closed today so I stayed up to 3 last night playing haha

Yeah but I have a 2-year-old son to take care of so sleeping until 1 isn't generally an option, weekend or not.  My wonderful amazing wife let me sleep in today; it's not going to happen again for quite some time, I suspect.  :-D

Sep 13, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #153 of 2,062
Yeah but I have a 2-year-old son to take care of so sleeping until 1 isn't generally an option, weekend or not.  My wonderful amazing wife let me sleep in today; it's not going to happen again for quite some time, I suspect.  :-D

Lmfbo definitely feel for you there right now its just me and my fiancee and shes generally fine with it though its RARE i stay up so late anywho usually i average calling it at 1 still though (i usually close so im used to staying up late)

Edit: you going to be on tonight around 10ish or tomorrow sometime my psn is the same as my username add me we'll play sometime

Sep 13, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #154 of 2,062
Got a legendary Deviant Cult Machine Gun while patrolling Earth just to finish the bounty where you have to kill 2 enemies with one fusion rifle shot. Literally at the beginning of the game.

Also 2 Strange Coins away from buying Exotic armor from the weekend vendor (I believe it's arm gear).

The weekly strikes are different in that they don't really search for randoms for you, so if you don't have a Fireteam ready, you're out of luck.

Well, I was alone, and the weekly strike was insanely difficult even being a level above. Arc damage (blue element) was tripled, and most enemies used arc weapons, including the two bosses, so you were always a hit or two away from death. You also ABSOLUTELY need to go with an Arc special weapon and arc heavy weapon.

My recommendation is to go with a decked out Scout Rifle with long range (go for headshots), and stay at the very limits of each zone and snipe out enemies. You dont want any other weapon as they are too inaccurate at long range and will run out of ammo quickly.

The captains and wizards with arc shield will go down easily with the arc sniper rifle.

In the first zone with 3 waves, stay near the 'Alien' cave, as the enemies won't follow you.

In the tank zone, stay near the very beginning, so far that nothing goes after you except the tank spitting out blue laser which are easily dodged and shielded by good cover. Snipe the legs, and when it collapses, snipe the exposed orange core, which will take like 5000 damage per hit, if you have a good arc sniper (remember, arc damage is tripled). It gets harder if you blow the front two legs first, as hitting the rear ones from that far is very hard. Eventually, the tanm will go down.

For the huge purple eye ball, stay right at the beginning gate that opens to that boss. Take out the front mob, then snipe the eye ball for huge damage. He is very easy to dodge, and all you have to worry about is the mobs that DO come in. Just run away back away from that room and kill the enemies that come in. Then go back to sniping the eye ball. The sniper rifle kills this boss extremely quickly.

Its worth doing the weekly strike as you get 3 strange coins and lots of vanguard rep and marks. Also, I didn't have any arc weapons so I randomly looted the first section before going into the strike 3 wave room, and got almost nothing but arc weapons from loot, like it knew I needed them. I suggest farming the chest for arc weapons if you are missing them.

Sep 13, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #155 of 2,062
Also, I KNOW there may be some people that may not know where the daily and weekly special missions are. They are on the Planet choice map while in orbit. When choosing planets, look at the left side, with the symbols. Those are the special missions. They are all worth doing ONCE as you get special exp and items. Doing them more than once won't give you the special rewards.

The special missions have modifiers, like certain elements doing massive damage both to you AND the enemy, or some thing like the Juggler modifier which means that enemies will drop ammo for the OTHER type of weapon you have, so you have to constantly change between primary and special weapons to keep from running out of ammo. The trick here is to use a Scout or Pulse rifle which will get you more kills before running out of ammo.

Sep 14, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #156 of 2,062
Thats awesome lust i just hit 20 last night thanks to shrug, stillharr, and axel helping me with a strike so im finally grtting some rare stuff no legendary yet but now that the meta game starts for me i can start doing the strikes and raids

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #157 of 2,062
I'm incredibly irritated at the moment. Wasn't Xur supposed to be at the Tower during the weekend? WHAT PART OF SUNDAY 7AM EST IS NOT THE WEEKEND?

I got enough Strange Coins to buy my Exotic Sun Gauntlets, and what happens? THE BLEEPING MERCHANT IS NO LONGER THERE. Thanks Bungie for lying to us directly. How dare a WEEKEND merchant not be there in the weekend. Screw you guys. Now I have to wait a whole damn week for some Gauntlets that should've been sold WHEN EVERYONE IS OFF WORK AND SCHOOL. Not sure this game is gonna last another week with this level of assery.

edit: Oh wait! Next time he shows up, he'll have OTHER items. That's just flipping fantastic.

This game is becoming more and more irritating. It takes a damn eternity to level up Vanguard and Crucible to Level 2, let alone Level 3 which is when you get the good weapons.

I'm just appalled by the ridiculous grind Bungie expects us to make. "Hey guys, please play this game forever, don't stop playing. We don't have enough actual content so we expect you to do the same **** over and over again to give you the feeling of progression and item unlocking."

That's all they had to say.

When you're spending 30 damn minutes on a Strike for 3 measly points when you need what feels like thousands... you know something's wrong.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #158 of 2,062
*extends arms for hug* i feel your pain bro.. Somewhat ive only 1 coin but i did have a rare ingram that turned into a normal armor piece. I felt trolled

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #159 of 2,062
Yeah, two Legendary Engrams, and both turned to rares, which at this point I can just buy at the store... SMFH.

I do have a Legendary MG and I just unlocked Legendary Gauntlets... when I could've easily bought the Exotic one had the stupid merchant actually been there.

I'm to the point of just going back to Diablo 3. At least the story is still going...

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #160 of 2,062
Not to be a dick, but how is the Destiny grind different from the unlocks in BF4 or the loot grind in Diablo?  Diablo, BF4, CoD, Destiny all have a silly excuse for a story, followed by a major grind for loot.  Nothing is different in Destiny other than that the gameplay is actually fun (my opinion, the other three do not hold up over time).

Also, everyone assumed that vendor was here for the weekend, but nobody from Bungie actually said he was.  Bungie only ever said "for a limited time".

Anyways, yeah I got a purple engram last night that turned into a blue item.  And to make it worse it was my FOURTH blue hand cannon.  I have yet to get a blue scout rifle.  :frowning2:  I guess I can't complain tho because I got a purple MG from a blue engram so I guess it evens out.

Sep 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #163 of 2,062
Oh, I'm sure Diablo 3 is a grindfest as well. However I'm still new to the game, and unlike Destiny, the characters all play quite differently
There's a ton more to do in Diablo 3, as well.

Sep 14, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #164 of 2,062
Oh, I'm sure Diablo 3 is a grindfest as well. However I'm still new to the game, and unlike Destiny, the characters all play quite differently
There's a ton more to do in Diablo 3, as well.

I've always wanted to try a diablo, but never gave myself time. Destiny is fine for now. Btw thanks again for the tip about the Arc modifier, someone else was party leader when I tried it and I noticed the emblem but didn't check what it meant.

Wrong thread my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back