desperately need help with the shure se215
Apr 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #16 of 29
Ok, relax...
You did ask Shure for warranty, but what did they say about repair?

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #17 of 29
A new pair cost 125$ and I am guessing that a left earpiece that is not working(but looks ok) is worth way less than that. For the moment I got a cheap pair of earphones doing ok so I don't plan on buying another full pair of Se215; I am just trying NOT to loose them completely.

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #18 of 29
So Shure refused to repair your IEMs ?

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #20 of 29
There is a difference between these two: "the repair is not covered under warranty" and "the unit cannot be repaired". So, yes, Shure is saying the warranty does not cover the repair/replacement of your SE215s; that means that you won't get it repaired or replaced FOC under the warranty, but it doesn't mean that Shure absolutely won't take the unit back and repair it for a fee.

The least you could do is get in touch with them again and get a quote on how much it'd cost to repair them, or whether they can give you a special price on a replacement pair of SE215s.

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #21 of 29

Quote:
A new pair costs 120$. I am assuming that for anybody else than me, a left earpiece that is not working(but looks ok) doesn't worth that much (at least less then 120$). and I do care about the money issue...For the moment I have a pair of cheap ones and I don't plan on buying another full pair of Se215; 

Actually they are $96-$99 at London Drugs and Best Buy in Canada. It sounds like you bought yours at Future Shop (I know same Co as Besy Buy, different price, go figure). You should check your local stores.

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #22 of 29
 I didn't know London Drugs had these. But if the OP isn't in Western Canada, I don't believe Ontario has London Drugs.

But if you really still want the SE215, getting a brand new pair is probably your best option. Or just buy another pair used. 
Quote:
Actually they are $96-$99 at London Drugs and Best Buy in Canada. It sounds like you bought yours at Future Shop (I know same Co as Besy Buy, different price, go figure). You should check your local stores.

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #23 of 29

Quote:
There is a difference between these two: "the repair is not covered under warranty" and "the unit cannot be repaired". So, yes, Shure is saying the warranty does not cover the repair/replacement of your SE215s; that means that you won't get it repaired or replaced FOC under the warranty, but it doesn't mean that Shure absolutely won't take the unit back and repair it for a fee.

The least you could do is get in touch with them again and get a quote on how much it'd cost to repair them, or whether they can give you a special price on a replacement pair of SE215s.

Thats what I was driving at. SE 215 is one of the in-production models, so they must support repair, whether its under warranty or not.

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #27 of 29
You could go on eBay and get yourself a used pair.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back