desperately need help with the shure se215
Apr 16, 2012 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

bognessy

New Head-Fier
So basically, I broke the left earpiece of my se215 after an accident. The cable and the right earpiece are still working flawlessly. So I was wondering if anyone could help me getting a spare replacement left earpiece. I tried the canadian customer service and they say they dont sell the pieces separately. I also tried The headphone company but they don't sell in Canada. All I need is a left earpiece that LOOKS ok. Doesnt matter if the earpiece isnt working since I can replace it with the warranty (it only has to LOOK like its working).

Thanks for your help, it would be very apreciated!

p.s. sorry to all the grammar lovers, english isnt my first language

Apr 17, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #7 of 29
It's going to be hard to find someone with a SE215 that's willing to just give you the left earpiece, but I guess someone with a broken pair may do it. You should definitely try the for sale forum here and post a wanted to buy classified, however you don't meet the requirements to do so yet. 

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #11 of 29
I doubt you'll find a 'left' earpiece, and assuming you do, how do you plan to put it together with the rest? Try some local repair shop, maybe you can find something.
Other than that I wouldn't really count on much. The part is broken, warranties don't cover that usually.

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #12 of 29
Well these earphones are designed to have replacable pieces. If you look closely you can see that these pieces can be removed and put together easily. And they do sell these pieces, but I can't buy them since the only place I foud was in Europe.http://www.themp3company.co.uk/product/shure-earphones-shure-se215-spare-earphone-black-left-side.php See? Now if you can't help me you don't have to tell me how hard it will be to find another piece; I already know that...this is why I started this thread

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #14 of 29
A new pair costs 120$. I am assuming that for anybody else than me, a left earpiece that is not working(but looks ok) doesn't worth that much (at least less then 120$). and I do care about the money issue...For the moment I have a pair of cheap ones and I don't plan on buying another full pair of Se215; 

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #15 of 29

Quote:
A new pair costs 120$. I am assuming that for anybody else than me, a left earpiece that is not working(but looks ok) doesn't worth that much (at least less then 120$). and I do care about the money issue...For the moment I have a pair of cheap ones and I don't plan on buying another full pair of Se215; 

But the website you listed is rather pricey. Going with a new set from Amazon isn't that far off. http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE215-K-Sound-Monitor-Black/dp/B004PNZFZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334761250&sr=8-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back