Desperate. Need help. This is no joke!
Sep 28, 2011 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

sophiesophie

New Head-Fier
My Alessandro MS1i headphones arrived today, but I wasn't home to accept the package.  Now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up at the post office.  Here is my problem:

What ON EARTH am I going to do until then???

Sep 28, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 46
Heya,

Take a bottle of Strongbow Hard Cider.
Pour it into a big mug.
Add a shot of bourbon, preferably honey bourbon whiskey.
Add a dash of ground cinnamon.
Heat it up for a minute or two in the microwave until hot. Let cool a few seconds. It will form a heavy froth. This is mandatory.
Then sip.

Have two or three.

Then put on your Dark Side of the Moon Record.

Trust me.

(Hifiman HE-500's if anyone wonders)

And then get serious all over the internet's face.

Very best,

Sep 29, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #9 of 46

Flickr --

Staying patient and positive, you could pull up Flickr and look at how the various Alessandro MS1 users are wearing theirs, while you imagine how good you'll look when you get 'em. And then have fun looking for details in those photos - picking up hints as to what they're listening to, other gear in the system, design layout. It could serve as a wonderful diversion. 
wink_face.gif

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #10 of 46
Try not to bite your arm off.

Or, for more fun. Try not to think of penguins. It's pretty hard.

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #11 of 46

Yes and no. Ultimately, it is a moot point, but while he is actually inventing/building/testing, he'll be very anxious and impatient, saying thinks like:

"Damn it! I shouldn't have given my last flux capacitor to Billy last week."

... or ...

"This stupid soldering iron takes way too long to heat up!"

cool.gif

Quote:

FALSE.

THE SPEED AT WHICH HE CREATES IT IS IRRELEVANT.

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #12 of 46
I read a Robert A. Heinlein story a few years back in which this guy had invented a time machine that would only work going backward. To get into the future he froze himself in suspended animation. I remember that at one point he went back in time, changed something or other, then "couldn't wait" to get back into the suspended animation machine to quickly get back to the future to see how things turned out. Maybe I just have to freeze my head, like Walt Disney. The headphones are still going to fit when I thaw out.

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #14 of 46
Run into a doorframe really hard and then time travel to the point when your package arrives!

Heck, even I'm excited for ya, always good to hear another person got a pair of Grados comin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back