Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
Nov 26, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #871 of 903
Hehe, that might take a little time.  I've got three iems, three cans, and an amp to review before I even get to the Exercise Freaks.  I'll try to take the pics soon though, so that I can at least get an audition in for ya (or maybe borrow my friend's unit).

LOL, I would think that anything unexpected at the bottom of a squat is going to be unpleasant.  :wink:

If you're talking about sibilance, FTFY.  :D

I say go for it.  If you don't like 'em, you can always return 'em.

As far as the dying thing goes, are these dying on people within the warranty period?  Because then it's just a easy replacement right?

I didn't see anything on Denon's site about a warranty. Also, on earphonessolutions.com, where I found the deal, it said in their return policy that returns were not accepted for Denon (and some other brands). Seems like a storm waiting to happen

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #872 of 903
Quote:
I didn't see anything on Denon's site about a warranty. Also, on earphonessolutions.com, where I found the deal, it said in their return policy that returns were not accepted for Denon (and some other brands). Seems like a storm waiting to happen

Found this... http://usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/US/WebWarrHOME-NEW-US-Dec11_02.pdf

Seems like they've got a 1-year warranty on headphones.  I assume it will only be effective if they're purchased from an authorized dealer.  Don't know if earphonesolutions is an authorized dealer though.

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #873 of 903
Nov 27, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #874 of 903
Quote:

Now I must ponder

Wait a tick!  I thought you had to get them a couple nights ago or the deal was gone?  Would like to know what time reversion technology you're using...
biggrin.gif
  And do better cables help? 
wink.gif

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #875 of 903
Quote:

Wait a tick!  I thought you had to get them a couple nights ago or the deal was gone?  Would like to know what time reversion technology you're using...
biggrin.gif
  And do better cables help? 
wink.gif

Ha!

It turned out the "Cyber Monday" deal was the same as the "Black Friday Weekend" deal.

No dice though.  I did not bite...

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #876 of 903
Quote:
Denons.  I never thought I would say this, but the Beats are way better than the Denon D400.  Although in this price range, you may want to consider the M-100 or Momentum.

Damn. Amazon.de selling D400's right now for 129 euros on a lightning deal..... 6 minutes left.
Must resist!

If they really are that bad, that's something. Coming from somebody who's favorite headphone brands are Denon and Beyerdynamics. 

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #877 of 903
Quote:
Damn. Amazon.de selling D400's right now for 129 euros on a lightning deal..... 6 minutes left.
Must resist!

If they really are that bad, that's something. Coming from somebody who's favorite headphone brands are Denon and Beyerdynamics. 

There's a reason why they are so deeply discounted.  I fell for it at $199 US which I suppose is about the same amount and wanted to return after 5 minutes. Normally I say sound is subjective, but I can't imagine anyone loving these, nor have I seen any positive reviews.

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #878 of 903
Quote:
There's a reason why they are so deeply discounted.  I fell for it at $199 US which I suppose is about the same amount and wanted to return after 5 minutes.

Been doing this HiFi hobby with speakers and headphones now long enough to not jump for these offers right away. Nothing more irritating than buying headphones, speakers that in the end are so crap that they can't actually replace any of your headphones, so no matter how cheap they where, they are still just sitting on your desk being total waste of money. 

I wonder will we see big price drop on these very soon. 

Nov 30, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #879 of 903
Been doing this HiFi hobby with speakers and headphones now long enough to not jump for these offers right away. Nothing more irritating than buying headphones, speakers that in the end are so crap that they can't actually replace any of your headphones, so no matter how cheap they where, they are still just sitting on your desk being total waste of money. 

I wonder will we see big price drop on these very soon. 

The prices on this line as a whole has been dropping very quickly and they havent been out too long. Id expect to see all of them to continue to drop in price over time.

Dec 10, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #881 of 903
Quote:
Any update on the Denon Exercise Freaks?

I've heard them just the other day.  But before I get to that, let me go ahead and re-post what Jude said about them in the new (2012) Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide:

Excerpt from the 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide:
Another closed, in-ear fitness headphone--and one that can eliminate the dreaded headphone wire-yank problem--is the Denon Exercise Freak (around $150), which is a Bluetooth wireless fitness headphone. (There is a wire that ties the two earpieces together that goes behind your head.) An earhook design assures a snug fit. (Though it's a bit tricky at first to get the fit right, you'll get used to it in no time). The Denon Exercise Freak is designed to be sweat proof and has air cushions on their inside surface to soften its touch against the side of your head (behind your mear).

There's also a companion Denon Sport App (available for iOS and Android) that allows you to log your workouts, map your routes with your phone's GPS, track your pace, calorie consumption, elevation, and also has a built in music player.

The Denon Exercise Freak is also a pretty good wireless Bluetooth headset, which is also a great convenience while exercising (if you don't want to miss any calls).

The Exercise Freak's sound signature is a decidedly bass-heavy one, the mids are recessed, mid-treble has mild emphasis, and there's some high-treble roll-off--remember, though, this is a Bluetooth wireless exercise headphone. For its tangle-free convenience while exercising, good enough sound for wireless exercise listening, and its Bluetooth wireless headset functionality, the Exercise Freak is a great fitness companion.

Denon's Exercise Freak comes in blue, black, and yellow.

Generally speaking, I echo Jude's comments above.  I likewise found them to be very bass heavy, with the rest of the spectrum being evenly recessed.  One thing I would add is that I found the roll off in the highs to be rather abrupt and a little sudden.

However, as you would imagine, the sub-bass is both abyssal and thunderous.  I am a closet (which is to say occasional) basshead, so it's not exactly my cup of tea for general daily listening.  However, if that's your thing... meaning you like XB500s, Crossfade LPs, and the like, you're gonna feel pretty at home with this.

I also found it somewhat difficult to put on without having practiced a fair bit.  But I'd like to note that once it was firmly in place, it would not fall off.  That was a nice and refreshing novelty... a pair of exercise IEMs that can actually withstand the motion of exercise.

Dec 10, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #882 of 903
Quote:

I've heard them just the other day.  But before I get to that, let me go ahead and re-post what Jude said about them in the new (2012) Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide:

Generally speaking, I echo Jude's comments above.  I likewise found them to be very bass heavy, with the rest of the spectrum being evenly recessed.  One thing I would add is that I found the roll off in the highs to be rather abrupt and a little sudden.

However, as you would imagine, the sub-bass is both abyssal and thunderous.  I am a closet (which is to say occasional) basshead, so it's not exactly my cup of tea for general daily listening.  However, if that's your thing... meaning you like XB500s, Crossfade LPs, and the like, you're gonna feel pretty at home with this.

I also found it somewhat difficult to put on without having practiced a fair bit.  But I'd like to note that once it was firmly in place, it would not fall off.  That was a nice and refreshing novelty... a pair of exercise IEMs that can actually withstand the motion of exercise.

Mmm sounds good to me, the only 2 things I am curious about is sibilance and build quality.

Dec 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #883 of 903
Interesting.

I'm hardly a bass head.. but for exercising it might be okay.  I'm obviously not going to expect the best quality for working out, but something better than a cheap wired IEM might be nice.

Thanks for the input

Dec 10, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #884 of 903
Quote:
The prices on this line as a whole has been dropping very quickly and they havent been out too long. Id expect to see all of them to continue to drop in price over time.

That's how it should be.

Those are like Beats on audiophile marketing.
I'll rather get the Beats mixrs instead of D7100s.

Prices should be like 250€ for the D600 and maybe like 500€ on the D7100.

The Denon D400s Urban Raver went from 319€ to a hipster price of 159€.
That already shows how worth they are overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back