Denon D7100?!
Apr 24, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #226 of 1,920

Quote:

Nice. I'll wait till the D7100 get released and if i don't like the sound/reviews, i'll replace my D5000 with cheap second hand D7000.

A bit surprising though. There's seem to be a lot demand for the line and they are universally liked on HiFi forums. Replacements seem to still be months away for Europe and NA. They don't have the scale to make the new tooling for new headphones and keep smaller supply for the older ones till the new line is out?

I guarantee you that AH-Dx000's will go up in price significantly now. In fact, I suspect that within a year D7000s will be selling for above MSRP in a year for Mint condition or better. Of course I don't have any knowledge and it's totally speculative. But based on the market I believe it to be a good hunch.

My understanding is that the Denon and Fostex relationship is officially over. ( More  conjecture) Deno n most likely did not own the designs for the AH-D line. It's more likely that Fostex was in control and since the two are separated, that is why the line has been discontinued.

Cheers,

Apr 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #227 of 1,920

Quote:
Let's add some crappy marketing to the mix (this headphone use a new technology that bla bla bla)

The LCD-3 costs twice as much as the LCD-2 and uses new technology, and is still dorky looking, but has been lauded as the greatest dynamic headphone out there.  Where does Denon claim to be using new driver technology?

Apr 24, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #228 of 1,920

Quote:

I guarantee you that AH-Dx000's will go up in price significantly now. In fact, I suspect that within a year D7000s will be selling for above MSRP in a year for Mint condition or better. Of course I don't have any knowledge and it's totally speculative. But based on the market I believe it to be a good hunch.

That would be my guess, especially if the new Denons don't fair so well.

Apr 24, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #229 of 1,920

Quote:

You and others missed the point completely - audiophiles laughs at people buying Beats because they say Beats buyers base their purchases on looks and not sound, when people judging the D7100 before listening to them they are doing the EXACT SAME THING that they are laughing at others for doing - it's call hypocrisy and I'm pointing that out.  

Being an audiophile should mean we should care about the sound first - not saying you don't have to care about looks too, but putting looks before sound is not what what our community should be about.

TBH I don't think the D7100 looks that good either, but I'm 100% not going to judge them until I listen to them first, if they sound good - or heaven forbid - they sound better than the D7000 I would buy them base on that merit.  Anyone doing otherwise should be ashamed to call themselves an audiophile IMO.

I was going too write a comment like that but you saved me the time, Thanks.

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #230 of 1,920
Ha, children. Being an "audiophile" shouldn't mean you're a one-dimensional buyer that will sacrifice anything in the pursuit of subtle differences in sound quality. By that token, you should be ashamed if you own anything other than an O2 head-amp, but some people much prefer bespoke cases and tubes to generic DIY cases. I won't even consider something like a HiFiMan or Audeze because of the few quality issues some have experienced. Fit, finish, aesthetics, sound, it's all part of a package. Almost no one purchases strictly on function, whether they care to admit it or not, which is why manufacturers take such strides to implement design into their function, ie Apple.

But, ya'll are arguing about some POS vaporware spoof that doesn't and will never exist, so move along... When Denon makes an official announcement worldwide then you can prove me wrong.

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #232 of 1,920

Quote:

But, ya'll are arguing about some POS vaporware spoof that doesn't and will never exist, so move along... When Denon makes an official announcement worldwide then you can prove me wrong.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607132/denon-ah-d2000-ah-d5000-ah-d7000-headphones-officially-discontinued

I am guessing Head Room might have a more accurate and credible take on this than you.

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #233 of 1,920
Apr 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #234 of 1,920

Quote:
Ha, children. Being an "audiophile" shouldn't mean you're a one-dimensional buyer that will sacrifice anything in the pursuit of subtle differences in sound quality. By that token, you should be ashamed if you own anything other than an O2 head-amp, but some people much prefer bespoke cases and tubes to generic DIY cases. I won't even consider something like a HiFiMan or Audeze because of the few quality issues some have experienced. Fit, finish, aesthetics, sound, it's all part of a package. Almost no one purchases strictly on function, whether they care to admit it or not, which is why manufacturers take such strides to implement design into their function, ie Apple.

I find that reading the thread before posting is usually the best policy as the confirmations for this headphone have already been posted. 

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #236 of 1,920

Quote:

I find that reading the thread before posting is usually the best policy as the confirmations for this headphone have already been posted. 

It would also probably help him to not open his post by being condescending.

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #237 of 1,920

Quote:

It would also probably help him to not open his post by being condescending.

I was going to say that....just in a much more crude way heh.

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #238 of 1,920
The current Denons won't rise in price. That's reserved for the truly legendary headphones like the R10 and the K1000 or limited release models like the L3000 (more for collectible value than anything). How much do the ED9's go for these days? Last one I saw was around $1000, cheaper than what they went for.

They probably will in a few years, but not drastically.

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #239 of 1,920

Parody post? :D

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #240 of 1,920

Quote:
 When Denon makes an official announcement worldwide then you can prove me wrong.

I'm sure that that is right at the top of everyone's priority list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back