Denon D7100?!
Oct 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #1,006 of 1,920
Recieved the Denon D7100 headphones few days ago.. i bought them after having few other audiophile headphones and these are the most expensive headphones i ever bought.

My 1st good headphones were Denon D5000, back then, i was not so impressed with them and looked for alternatives. I sold them and bought the Sony Z1000, the sound of the Sony was much worse, it was not so full and without the comfort i got used to in the Denon. So i replaced them with Sennheiser HD 650. For my ears it was not much better then the Sony Z1000 and the sound wasn't so good (sorry i don't give a full description since i'm not an expert).

So i thought to go back to Denon but this time to invest in the D7000 - when i looked for them i realized that the D7100 has been just released and i bought them for 1066$. (+import tax of 200$). 
I read lots of reviews here and around but i can tell from my experience that they are not disappointing, they sound amazing, they are the most comfortable i ever had, their sound is very clear, full, comfort and for me its a nice upgrade. The price tag for them is very high but compared to everything i had, they do the job and that's what matter.

RECOMMENDED !:)

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #1,007 of 1,920
I read posts like that and it's such a paradox that...

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #1,010 of 1,920
Quote:
Recieved the Denon D7100 headphones few days ago.. i bought them after having few other audiophile headphones and these are the most expensive headphones i ever bought.

My 1st good headphones were Denon D5000, back then, i was not so impressed with them and looked for alternatives. I sold them and bought the Sony Z1000, the sound of the Sony was much worse, it was not so full and without the comfort i got used to in the Denon. So i replaced them with Sennheiser HD 650. For my ears it was not much better then the Sony Z1000 and the sound wasn't so good (sorry i don't give a full description since i'm not an expert).

So i thought to go back to Denon but this time to invest in the D7000 - when i looked for them i realized that the D7100 has been just released and i bought them for 1066$. (+import tax of 200$). 
I read lots of reviews here and around but i can tell from my experience that they are not disappointing, they sound amazing, they are the most comfortable i ever had, their sound is very clear, full, comfort and for me its a nice upgrade. The price tag for them is very high but compared to everything i had, they do the job and that's what matter.

Enjoyment is the name of the game....hobby !!
By the way, what is the setup u are playing this with? 

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #1,012 of 1,920
Actually my brief experience with the d7100 on the darkstar aint bad...
i know its got bassssss, and its v clear, and the depth...searchingly deep.
Cant gauge the soundstage width becos of the songs i was not familiar with...but didnt bothered me then.
Certain songs sounded bright, but i tot its the recording...else some copper cables would solve that. :p

Ringing....hmmm....wats dat. hehehe. My untrained ears. hmmmm..anyway its a brief audition. dun read too much into it.

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #1,013 of 1,920
That's the deal, it isn't clear, you get as much as 5% THD in the lower mids and it averages almost 1% overall. In terms of distortion, they're one of the three worst headphones that Tyll has ever measured. I listened to them and the distortion was so bad in spots, they actually made certain tones and passages sound off-key. It boggles the mind.

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #1,014 of 1,920
From what I've seen, the only professional who gave the D7100s a good review was Steve Guttenburg, who gave it a shocking amount of praise. I wonder why his opinion differs so much from someone like Tyll.

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #1,016 of 1,920
Quote:
I wonder if there's a variance issue going on...

The divine Tyll has spoken, all ye who contradict are naught but blasphemers and heretics.  There be not variance, for the D7100s did show to be fart cannons, and ye shall not give them praise.  Amen.

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #1,017 of 1,920
Sigh. All these headphones manufacturers making half assed Beats-inspired duds. Imagine if during that whole Fast & Furious trend Ferrari released a Limp Bizkit N.O.S. edition F 430 with fart pipes and chrome hubcaps. That's just not far-sighted business management. The brands that establish a prestigious name are the ones that ignore embarrassing/temporary fads.

Oct 3, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #1,018 of 1,920
Quote:

I'm going through the process of hacking into your FB account to find where you live and slap some sense into you.

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #1,019 of 1,920
Quote:
I'm going through the process of hacking into your FB account to find where you live and slap some sense into you.

Have you listened to the D7100 yourself?

I happen to share Vourt's opinion.
- The phones actually llok much better than they do in photos, the silver has a nice satin like finish and they look really slim seen frommthe side. 
- It's a very nice and complete package with all the extra accessories, I like the two detachable cables.
- They feel solid and weghty in your hand and on your head they just disspear, very comfortable. From a look and feel point of view they just breathe quality.
- They aren't the best phones I ever heard but they do sound as good as a stock D7000 to me. They sound different from a D7000 but as a whole I would rate them the same. An LA7000 is better though but I got ride of both my LA7000s in favor of a TH900 which I expect to be another step up from the LA7000.
- Overpriced? Sure, just like most top of the range headpbones.

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #1,020 of 1,920
Quote:

Have you listened to the D7100 yourself?

I happen to share Vourt's opinion.
- The phones actually llok much better than they do in photos, the silver has a nice satin like finish and they look really slim seen frommthe side. 
- It's a very nice and complete package with all the extra accessories, I like the two detachable cables.
- They feel solid and weghty in your hand and on your head they just disspear, very comfortable. From a look and feel point of view they just breathe quality.
- They aren't the best phones I ever heard but they do sound as good as a stock D7000 to me. They sound different from a D7000 but as a whole I would rate them the same. An LA7000 is better though but I got ride of both my LA7000s in favor of a TH900 which I expect to be another step up from the LA7000.
- Overpriced? Sure, just like most top of the range headpbones.

fair points, I will shut up - but my pimp hand is still itching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back