Denon D7100?!
Jun 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #586 of 1,920
Quote:
I think it's supposed to protect the wood, as the whole series seems to be tuned for portable use.
But for portable use I far prefer the abomination on the left
biggrin.gif

Well, I've been using the ESW9 as a portable for a while now, and I've never had any problems with the wood. Perhaps the name "music maniac" is a clue as to how Denon images the people who would buy this headphone.

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #587 of 1,920
At least they're being a little creative with their design.  The more I look at actual photos of the headphones, the less hideous they look to me.  Except the 'Urban' cans.  Those are ugly.

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #588 of 1,920
At least they're being a little creative with their design.  The more I look at actual photos of the headphones, the less hideous they look to me.  Except the 'Urban' cans.  Those are ugly.

+1 feel the same way.. The wood and plastic does look interesting, so these are due for later this year?

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #589 of 1,920
Quote:
Quote:
Looking at this shot of the D7100, it doesn't look bad:

That's not brown plastic like I originally thought, but rather actual wood. Why on Earth they'd proceed to cover said wood up with plastic is beyond me, but it's miles ahead of those other two abominations in the background.

I think it's supposed to protect the wood, as the whole series seems to be tuned for portable use.

But for portable use I far prefer the abomination on the left
biggrin.gif

"Street" was my first reaction! If they can get users on both sides the wall (in-home, mobile) they'll increase sales using the same model. Only way these gain entry in my listening room, is if I buy D7100 B-stock and merge the new drivers into my existing D7000.

What's more,emotions plays an important role in our hobby in my view. These cans could be the best of the best. But, if I find something about them that's off putting, when heard they'll sound good but the experience won't be at its best, if that makes any sense. And it should if one is able to reflect on their own daily experiences in life.

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #590 of 1,920
Quote:
+1 feel the same way.. The wood and plastic does look interesting, so these are due for later this year?

July-September, dependent on the model.  The Artisan comes out in August.

Jun 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #591 of 1,920
Quote:

That is the only logical explanation I could come up with.

But the cost is making beautiful and natural wooden cups look like cheap-ish plastic.   [Puts on real late 60's washing machine colored tie-dye:] "Those are so plastic, man."

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #592 of 1,920
So it definitely doesn't look like denon came out with a new driver and then built the headphone around the driver, doing what ever they needed to do to make it sound the best.  Vice versa actually.  Built the headphone and then threw a driver in

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #595 of 1,920
I agree I am not much of a fan of the new look, but if it sounds better than the current D7000 (which I love), I wouldnt hesitate to buy one. I dont really care what they look like if the sound is good. 

Still glad I got the D7000's though 
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #599 of 1,920
Quote:
I believe the Artisan is the D7100. Just another fancy name for the same flagship.

Thanks, going to keep an eye on these.
I wasn't going to buy anymore phones this year (or the next few) besides the TH900 unless it was dynamic, closed and made of wood. I'll be damned!

Jun 6, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #600 of 1,920
Isnt that silver thing on the 7100 METAL rather than plastic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back