Denon D7100?!
May 22, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #557 of 1,920
Quote:

Yes i know Fostex made them, though do you know how much Denon influenced the final design, materials and final tuning of them? Not assumptions, does somebody actually have source or knows more about this? Whole Fostex thing has started to have it's whole own context in HeadFi and is being spread around. Relationship of manufacturer and the buyer of part/product is never faceless, rarely even on a bulk parts as the brand is what gets hit if something goes wrong. 

Who made Denon's in-ears? There is after all a sound that Denon product give you, why i have at least so far been happy with their products as i have known what to expect.

Sorry if this seems like a Denon fanboy crusade, just genuinely interested about tracking these products to the actual source and influences on the road.

Nope not at all. I have sounded more Denon fanboy-ish with my constant recommendations (only when the criteria calls for it) for the D2k.
I am curious too, but I suspect this is a question we will NEVER get a answer to. Actually if the new ones are good, then we have our answer.

May 22, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #558 of 1,920
Quote:

Yes i know Fostex made them, though do you know how much Denon influenced the final design, materials and final tuning of them? Not assumptions, does somebody actually have source or knows more about this? Whole Fostex thing has started to have it's whole own context in HeadFi and is being spread around. Relationship of manufacturer and the buyer of part/product is never faceless, rarely even on a bulk parts as the brand is what gets hit if something goes wrong. 

Who made Denon's in-ears? There is after all a sound that Denon product give you, why i have at least so far been happy with their products as i have known what to expect.

Sorry if this seems like a Denon fanboy crusade, just genuinely interested about tracking these products to the actual source and influences on the road.

Take a look at the link I posted just earlier.  It has a list of all (or many) of their OEM headphones.

May 30, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #565 of 1,920
I'll wait for the production version tested under conditions and with sound sources under the control of the (trusted) reviewer.  Still it's good news that someone outside of Denon has listened to them says they sound good.

They had better sound good, because I left something that looks like the above in the loo this morning.

May 31, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #566 of 1,920
Sorry guys, somehow my generation left the impression upon Denon that this is what we wanted. I am truly apologetic.
frown.gif
 Hopefully the SQ will make up for it. Also, does anyone know if the detachable cable is a 3.5 mm Y to 1/4 like the HD700 employs? that would be convenient for balancing.

May 31, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #567 of 1,920
Sorry guys, somehow my generation left the impression upon Denon that this is what we wanted. I am truly apologetic.
frown.gif
 Hopefully the SQ will make up for it. Also, does anyone know if the detachable cable is a 3.5 mm Y to 1/4 like the HD700 employs? that would be convenient for balancing.

Same here....

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #568 of 1,920
couldn't help but notice the picture of the guy wearing them.  Who takes a picture of someone wearing headphones in that direction. NO ONE.  not one manufacturer has.  Why?  Because look how far out those bands stick.  I guarantee that if that picture was taken from the front that guy would look like he had some type of winged brain washing machine on.  Absolutely ridiculously gross looking.  I am disgusted to see this.  Whoever in the Denon engineering corporation thought this was a good idea needs to be fired.  Yes you.....you should be ashamed of yourself.

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #569 of 1,920
Quote:
couldn't help but notice the picture of the guy wearing them.  Who takes a picture of someone wearing headphones in that direction. NO ONE.  not one manufacturer has.  Why?  Because look how far out those bands stick.  I guarantee that if that picture was taken from the front that guy would look like he had some type of winged brain washing machine on.  

Have you seen somebody wear a pair of LCD-2s or Audio Technica headphones?

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #570 of 1,920
yep, they look like they're wearing audeze lcd-2 audiophile headphones not a winged brain washing machine lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back