Denon D600 or? (for PC)
May 3, 2014 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

smurfORnot

New Head-Fier
Hello guys

I am buying myself new set of headphones, mainly for PC use,gaming. Although I listen quite a lot to trance/chill music. I never had experience with those more quality headphones, I only used 30-40$ headphones till now. Since I found quite a good deal on D600, for 170$, I am strongly considering to stretch my budget and go for them. Since my main activity will be to play games on them, then listen to music, are they right for me? For this price range to 170$, could there be found something better for action games, where there is lot of gunshots and explosions?

Thanks for any help!

May 3, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #2 of 23
that's a great price, they are $500 in the UK

May 3, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #3 of 23
D600 for 170$ I would pull the trigger

For games playing I suggest some opened cans if team speak or other on-line chatting

For EDM you can get :

Fidelio X1
Hifiman He 400
V moda M100 (closed)

and many more but it's more expensive

May 3, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #5 of 23
With closed phones you don't hear your voice when talking and it feels odd

May be it'll be ok for you, myself It really bothers

May 3, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #6 of 23
170 $ get it !!!!
you won't regret at all

May 3, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #7 of 23
Well all headsets are closed, they're just not heavily isolating. I actually have a logitech headset, because I prefer the capabilities while gaming. It also sounds like schiit when listening to music though.

For $170 Denon d-600 is pretty unbeatable. Especially for the type of music you listen to. As a headphone, its general strengths are for gaming, watching movies, and listening to EDM.

May 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #10 of 23
It's ok but something like asus xonar essence st or stx 1 or 2 would be a nice upgrade
for gaming and listening music
Or an amp with a dac like matrix m stage usb dac or an objective 2 jds lab amp + dac :cool:

May 4, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #11 of 23
  Also, my mother board  MSI Z77A-GD65 has Realtek ALC898 codec. Is this good enough for me?

Probably not, but I wouldn't invest in a sound card either. I'd buy an external DAC/Amp: http://www.amazon.com/Fiio-E07K-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A9LHLQ6

I bought mine for $70.00 off eBay, massive improvement of my onboard audio. (I have an Asus M5A99FX Pro R.20)

May 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #14 of 23
Uh, nice!

Seems like a really good alternative to sound card. Has great reviews everywhere! So how exactly does this little thing exactly impact gaming?

Well, essentially what it'll do is make everything clearer, you'll notice an immediate improvement in sound quality. In regards to gaming, it really might not help, unless you need to hear footsteps or something.

Basically you plug a usb to micro usb into it (it's included) and you plug your headphones into the DAC. If you have an iPhone/iPod you can also plug the dac into it as well for improved sound quality.

May 4, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #15 of 23
  Uh, nice!

Seems like a really good alternative to sound card. Has great reviews everywhere! So how exactly does this little thing exactly impact gaming?

The Xonar line of sound cards are, dollar for dollar, THE best investment you can make to your source/PC for gaming and for listening to music.  Any Xonar sound card will BLOW your onboard sound away.

For $30 the Xonar DG (or DGX, depending on your application) is a fantastic bargain.  The Xonar ST (or STX) is a beast of a sound card.  Trust me, go read the reviews and pony up $30 for the Xonar DG (or DGX) card.  You won't be disappointed.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back