Denon D600 or? (for PC)
May 8, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #16 of 23
Phones arrived today. Excellent! Listening to music is really joy on them. Only tried them on iphone for now. On max volume, they are quite loud. Now just have to try them on new pc when I put it together in next few days! After that I will decide what to get. Right now, budget is tight. But I am glad I got these phones, thanks for advice!

May 8, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #17 of 23
Try with this DAC. You will like it with your D600.

http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=123

May 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #18 of 23
I cant get this DAC in Croatia, nor is it avvaiable in EUrope from what I see(checked ebay and amazon). But I can get Fiio E07K Andes USB DAC for 120$.
I was listening with them to some music on PC , and got scared as **** 3 times yesterday when my father and sister came to my room. They were talking to me, but phones block external sound excellent, so naturally they touched me on shoulder which surprised me because I didn't hear nor expect anything,lol

May 10, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #19 of 23
Phones arrived today. Excellent! Listening to music is really joy on them. Only tried them on iphone for now. On max volume, they are quite loud. Now just have to try them on new pc when I put it together in next few days! After that I will decide what to get. Right now, budget is tight. But I am glad I got these phones, thanks for advice!

I'd go with AudioHi s recommendation. Most PC makers aren't looking to put the best quality audio components in simply as most of their audience won't make use of it. I was content using my AH-D600 direct from iPhone or computer but there is a noticeable improvement even with an inexpensive DAC and headphone amp (I'm using the latest version of Native Instruments Traktor Audio 2). They benefit most from the cleaner signal and the extra volume. It all leads to a much more cohesive sound, and the bass improves too.

Not sure if they would benefit from a more expensive amp, I'm thinking not, but they may notice improvements with a better DAC.

Btw - I actually found these great for gaming, I use to play a ton of Counterstrike and then lately Insurgency. Never had a problem positioning and I'd use my laptops built in mic. Also these are great for movies, taking a break from a film right now to write this.

Also, you owe it to yourself to try these headphones out not just with electronic percussion, but heavy Japanese taiko drumming.

May 10, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #20 of 23
Btw. if going with something like Xonar DGX or other sound card with/withouth AMP, or even with DAC like Fiio in combination, how much power does it take from my PSU? I have gigabyte 280x and 3570k, and my PSU is OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W. My power consumption should be around 400W, which this PSU can handle. Everyone told me I was fine for now with this PSU, and I also don't plan to OC GPU nor PCU at this moment. But if soundcard/amp/dac takes a lot of watts then this might be problem.
Do those more expensive cards take more power than cheaper like DGX?

May 10, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #21 of 23
It shouldn't be a problem, compared to onboard it's like 11 watts more. If you use pcpartpicker and select all your items for your build, it should tell you the approximate wattage. (Just incase you didn't know)

power.gif

May 13, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #22 of 23
Tnx. I did see chart like this before, but I mistook system power consumption, and thought that only sound card draws like 150w, not entire system,lol

Assembled my new PC! Well, tbh. I kinda have feeling that my old audigy sound card was more powerful than new motherboard. Sound was more louder. So yeah, first thing I need to get  is new sound sound card with amp.
With gaming in mind as primary, and then music. Although I will probably listen a lot to music. What are your recommendations? DGX is cheap option, but I am willing to spend a bit more for more quality sound. Something like creative blaster Z would cost me 80euros, which is acceptable, and from what I see, it has good reviews. Do you have maybe recommendations for some better sound card with amp, a bit more price is acceptable for better quality, but not to much.

May 13, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #23 of 23
  Tnx. I did see chart like this before, but I mistook system power consumption, and thought that only sound card draws like 150w, not entire system,lol

Assembled my new PC! Well, tbh. I kinda have feeling that my old audigy sound card was more powerful than new motherboard. Sound was more louder. So yeah, first thing I need to get  is new sound sound card with amp.
With gaming in mind as primary, and then music. Although I will probably listen a lot to music. What are your recommendations? DGX is cheap option, but I am willing to spend a bit more for more quality sound. Something like creative blaster Z would cost me 80euros, which is acceptable, and from what I see, it has good reviews. Do you have maybe recommendations for some better sound card with amp, a bit more price is acceptable for better quality, but not to much.

Well, I can't help you there, I prefer external DACs to soundcards. They're just a lot more versatile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back