Denon at Headroom. Cool.
Apr 7, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #16 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this is a question with a lengthy answer, but how does the AT lineup fit in among the other big names sold by HR? I've only heard their non audiophile stuff, so I don't really know and since I live in Canada, it's a bit tricky to come by...

Very Pleased, however to hear that you guys have picked up DENON. Great work.

And finally, if anyone knows, how does the AH-2000 stack up against the DT880 which I have been eyeing for quite some time... (and of what sifnificance is the $50 price difference?)

Thanks in advance,

but here's my two cents

Audio Technica has a very large and comprehensive line of audiophile headphones. They have both high end sealed and open design headphones, and they really don't sound exactly like any Beyer, Denon, Senn, AKG at headphones at all, they have their own unique sound signature which varies widely from model to model. So they definitely would add something to the Headroom line if they were offered. What I like about the AT line is their design, they know how to make a well built headphone that looks good.

As for as the Denon AH-D2000, I think it's a superior headphone to the DT880. Better bass impact, more fluid sound, and similar comfort. Where the DT880 could sound a bit too sparkly, the Denon is just slightly more refined in the highs, but more impact and dynamics. Of course, this is my opinion but I sold my DT880 in favour of the AKG K701, which has now been bested by the D2000 IMH. If you are coming from Shure's, you might be shocked at high sparkly they both sound though. I think Sennheisers are closer to the Shure sound than either Denon or Beyer

Apr 7, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #17 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but here's my two cents

Audio Technica has a very large and comprehensive line of audiophile headphones. They have both high end sealed and open design headphones, and they really don't sound exactly like any Beyer, Denon, Senn, AKG at headphones at all, they have their own unique sound signature which varies widely from model to model. So they definitely would add something to the Headroom line if they were offered. What I like about the AT line is their design, they know how to make a well built headphone that looks good.

As for as the Denon AH-D2000, I think it's a superior headphone to the DT880. Better bass impact, more fluid sound, and similar comfort. Where the DT880 could sound a bit too sparkly, the Denon is just slightly more refined in the highs, but more impact and dynamics. Of course, this is my opinion but I sold my DT880 in favour of the AKG K701, which has now been bested by the D2000 IMH. If you are coming from Shure's, you might be shocked at high sparkly they both sound though. I think Sennheisers are closer to the Shure sound than either Denon or Beyer

Wow thanks, that is very good advice. I will certainly look for some ATs now that you said that.

The main reason I've been pursuing an open headphone so far is because I don't like the heat in a closed headphone. I had some closed Sony's (which were very bad) that were way too hot - they made long periods of listening very unpleasant.

I also don't like the build of the Denons - I know people say them seem solid, but as an engineer, all those moving parts and thin pivots spell disaster in my mind. It also doesnt' help that I've had headphones of similar design fail on the joint before.

That's where I really like your advice on the ATs.
The AKGs and Beyers look sturdy too....
but alas, I have a lot of testing to do!
thanks,

M

Apr 7, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #18 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It took some diligent negotiations but we're indeed very stoked to finally bring Denon to HeadRoom as a fully-authorized dealer!
biggrin.gif

There's no question the AH-D2000 and AH-D5000 are the best sealed headphones to have drifted accross our transom... Our lab measurements for the Denon line will be up very soon!
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Jorge now the next step is trying to get a lower price, Audiocubes has them listed for a $100.00 less...
wink.gif

Apr 7, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #19 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jorge now the next step is trying to get a lower price, Audiocubes has them listed for a $100.00 less...
wink.gif

Hi SovKiller -- This is an EXTREMELY critical point i'm glad you brought up!
wink.gif

HeadRoom is only one of four or five 100% FULLY AUTHORIZED Denon headphone [online] dealers in North America. Everyone else you see out there --including all Amazon and most other online shops -- are completely NOT AUTHORIZED according to our own Denon USA representatives. That means no free warranty service work if needed (they'll charge you for it as if its an out-of-warranty item --that can get pricey quickly!) PLUS your non-dealer purchased headphone goes to the back of the repair queu superceded by all incoming 'Denon dealer-purchased' warranty work..
mad.gif

As an authorized dealer, we are compelled by our vendor agreement to maintain Denon msrp minimums and fully comply with their advertised price restrictions -- which non-authorized Denon vendors do not.

I know it hurts HeadRoom not to be able to compete directly with Amazon and eBay; we're told Denon is in-process with attempting to remove product from all non-authorized dealers to the best of their corporate ability. That's certainly an uphill battle many other audio manufacturers have faced before with varying degrees of success... and we've frequently been caught in the middle of it!
eek.gif

HeadRoom always tries to be competitive when & where we possibly can -- in the case of Denon headphones, please feel free to give us a call and we'll see what we can do to price-match other fully authorized Denon vendors!
smily_headphones1.gif

CHEERS,

Jorge
HR Sales & Product Manager

Apr 7, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #20 of 72
Jorge - congratson the new product line!

Now that you have a relationship with Denon, how about carrying some of their cartridges, too? I had my DL103 shipped over from Germany; I'd rather do business with you.

Apr 7, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #21 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi SovKiller -- This is an EXTREMELY critical point i'm glad you brought up!
wink.gif

HeadRoom is only one of four or five 100% FULLY AUTHORIZED Denon headphone [online] dealers in North America. Everyone else you see out there --including all Amazon and most other online shops -- are completely NOT AUTHORIZED according to our own Denon USA representatives. That means no free warranty service work if needed (they'll charge you for it as if its an out-of-warranty item --that can get pricey quickly!) PLUS your non-dealer purchased headphone goes to the back of the repair queu superceded by all incoming 'Denon dealer-purchased' warranty work..
mad.gif

As an authorized dealer, we are compelled by our vendor agreement to maintain Denon msrp minimums and fully comply with their advertised price restrictions -- which non-authorized Denon vendors do not.

I know it hurts HeadRoom not to be able to compete directly with Amazon and eBay; we're told Denon is in-process with attempting to remove product from all non-authorized dealers to the best of their corporate ability. That's certainly an uphill battle many other audio manufacturers have faced before with varying degrees of success... and we've frequently been caught in the middle of it!
eek.gif

HeadRoom always tries to be competitive when & where we possibly can -- in the case of Denon headphones, please feel free to give us a call and we'll see what we can do to price-match other fully authorized Denon vendors!
smily_headphones1.gif

CHEERS,

Jorge
HR Sales & Product Manager

I thought that Audiocubes were an authorized dealer of the products they carry...
Also IMO it is really lame to see how the companies enforce the use of the minimal MSRP, rather than offer a more competitve prices, instead of removing those dealers from eBay and Amazon, what they should do is offer you the authorized dealer a better price so you can sell below that price...

Apr 9, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #22 of 72
Quote:

I thought that Audiocubes were an authorized dealer of the products they carry...

I'd be surprised if they were authorized dealers. Their FAQ stills says this

? What is the warranty for my purchase?

All of our products carry a 6 month warranty through us. To have your electronics serviced free using manufacturer's warranty you will need to send the product, along with its warranty card, back to us. Shipping TO AudioCubes will be covered by customer and we will cover the shipping charge back to you.

That says to me that if you send it back to the manufacturer directly, they probably won't honour the warranty.

Apr 9, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #23 of 72
Quote:

I'd be surprised if they were authorized dealers. Their FAQ stills says this

? What is the warranty for my purchase?

All of our products carry a 6 month warranty through us. To have your electronics serviced free using manufacturer's warranty you will need to send the product, along with its warranty card, back to us. Shipping TO AudioCubes will be covered by customer and we will cover the shipping charge back to you.

That says to me that if you send it back to the manufacturer directly, they probably won't honour the warranty.

I will be really surprised if they don't, they carry a lot of complete lines from some manufacturers a lot harder to get than the Denons. Denon is only a couple of models...

The language barrier have been always a problem with them, also not sure if the warranty services in Japan work the same way as in here. BTW what they are saying is the same any authorized dealer will tell you here, send the item ot me, I will have it fixed...but if they were not authorized dealers how they are going to fix them later on...

It is more, I have been bitten twice for the so called authorized dealers, that instead of taking care of the problem, they had washed their hands, and have sent me you to deal directly with the mnaufacturers, or whati s even worst ot a repair center, in which a Joe will open the gear and God know what will do there later on....That happen to me with Onkyo DVD player, and with a Sony VCR once...at least AC deal directly with them...

Apr 9, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #24 of 72
Quote:

I will be really surprised if they don't, they carry a lot of complete lines from some manufacturers a lot harder to get than the Denons. Denon is only a couple of models...

If I was audiocubes and was an authorized dealer for a line of headphones, I would clearly state it somewhere on my website or in the product description and be proud of it. Why would they keep it a secret and have you deal with them rather than the manufacturer for warranty issues? It seems to me that there are extra steps that AC does for you to submit it for a warranty claim

Apr 9, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #25 of 72
Quote:

If I was audiocubes and was an authorized dealer for a line of headphones, I would clearly state it somewhere on my website or in the product description and be proud of it. Why would they keep it a secret and have you deal with them rather than the manufacturer for warranty issues? It seems to me that there are extra steps that AC does for you to submit it for a warranty claim

Not all of us has the same points of view while sending for repairs, after dealeing a few times directly with manufacturers, I can tell you with no hesitation, that for me is far easy to deal with the dealer for any problem rather than the manufacturer directly, maybe they feel the same way...

But what you say is also true, they do not state in any place that they are authorized dealers, maybe they use another name for the relation with the distributors, and that give them some flexiblity while seting the prices, that if they state clearly they are, they can not go below certain limits...

Apr 9, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #26 of 72
I believe that the gear sold thru Audiocubes has a Japanese warranty. If their customers require warranty work, they need to go thru Audiocubes to have it honored.

Apr 10, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #30 of 72
I'll try to get the spreadshhet loaded here for you guys to look at them soon. But as I've mentioned elsewhere, we are in the midst of reoing out measurement display system and are in the process of remeasuring all headphones with some additional tests. Ufortunately the Audio Precision tester has a problem and will be out for repairs soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back