Denon AH-D9200 - 2018 Flagship - Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #2,611 of 4,412
Hmm think there’s a big difference between the noir and copper?

I don’t know much about cables. I’m not fully convinced regarding SQ benefit but mainly concerned with longevity, comfort, aesthetics
Not so sure to be honest, I just went with something that I liked and that was recommended as a good pairing for the Denon, and wanted to get the best I could without feeling that I am compromising.
I will let others weigh in on cable options for the Denon. 😃

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #2,613 of 4,412
Thanks! No worries.
Why did you end up selling them?
Wanted a different sound signature and ended up with TH900Mk2, thanks to advice by @jmills8 😃

Both are great headphones of course.

1625704157587.jpeg

Jul 8, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #2,617 of 4,412
You've tempted me with the Magnus... What do you think about the following setup?

EDIT: it's 600 AUD.... I thought it was $414 but that was USD. Very sad lol. I'm not sure if this is worth it.

One neat thing about this hobby is that we can (usually) upgrade our components one-by-one, so don’t have to buy everything at the same time. 😃

One of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade the cable on my Fostex is because the stock was/is 3 metres long, and was simply inconvenient for me to use.

The Magnus cable on the TH900mk2 works beautifully, and I am sure it would on the Denon 9200 too (as a matter of fact, I think @subguy812 uses this exact combo on his Denons).

However, this hobby can get expensive and cables are not cheap either, so space it out and upgrade when you want at your own pace.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #2,618 of 4,412
One neat thing about this hobby is that we can (usually) upgrade our components one-by-one, so don’t have to buy everything at the same time. 😃

One of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade the cable on my Fostex is because the stock was/is 3 metres long, and was simply inconvenient for me to use.

The Magnus cable on the TH900mk2 works beautifully, and I am sure it would on the Denon 9200 too (as a matter of fact, I think @subguy812 uses this exact combo on his Denons).

However, this hobby can get expensive and cables are not cheap either, so space it out and upgrade when you want at your own pace.

For sure! The thing is, I don't have a 4.4 cable and I am using the Fiio Q3 which is OK on SE but pretty decent on balanced 4.4. I'd rather not spend 100-200 dollars on a so-so cable when I could just wait and get the Magnus and be done for a while.

Will think about it. Maybe a Christmas gift to me, from me :)

Thanks for the help! Loving the D9200 so far. I don't know if I will ever feel the need to purchase another headphone. More money for my other hobby - watches!

Jul 8, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #2,620 of 4,412
Any thoughts on the Sony WM1Z Dap with the D9200? How’s the synergy?
The 1z has trouble pushing many iems to their full potential. Why make a dap weigh like a brick and put such a weak amp ?

Jul 8, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #2,621 of 4,412
The 1z has trouble pushing many iems to their full potential. Why make a dap weigh like a brick and put such a weak amp ?
I actually ended up purchasing one - I got a great deal. 1400 USD for a barely used one in mint condition.
Denon's aren't very power hungry anyway so im optimistic that it will sound good. I don't need a powerful amp as I never keep more than 2 headphones and both are easy to drive.

Jul 8, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #2,622 of 4,412
I actually ended up purchasing one - I got a great deal. 1400 USD for a barely used one in mint condition.
Denon's aren't very power hungry anyway so im optimistic that it will sound good. I don't need a powerful amp as I never keep more than 2 headphones and both are easy to drive.
True any dap can push sounds out of the 9200 , but most daps will not achieve the 9200s full sound potential. My phone can make my 9200 sound good , but.

Jul 8, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #2,623 of 4,412
True any dap can push sounds out of the 9200 , but most daps will not achieve the 9200s full sound potential. My phone can make my 9200 sound good , but.
Idk man. I think the balanced 4.4 out of the WM1Z is enough for the Denon's. I dont understand what objective metric would be lacking in that amp to deliver ear-piercing volumes on the Denon.

Jul 8, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #2,624 of 4,412
Idk man. I think the balanced 4.4 out of the WM1Z is enough for the Denon's. I dont understand what objective metric would be lacking in that amp to deliver ear-piercing volumes on the Denon.
Not about volume but power at low volume. I had the 1z then sold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back