Denon AH-D9200 - 2018 Flagship - Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #2,597 of 4,398
After 5 months, I finally took delivery of my D9200 today. HOLY. CRAP.

I've had Utopia, Stellia, HD800S, Z1R, Clear, and others and this one has blown me away the most out of the gates.

Exceptional build quality - it feels very solid. More so than the Z1R which were already very well made.
The comfort is perfect so far. Ears dont touch anything and they are not burdensome to have on. I like their size as well - don't feel as big as the Z1R on ears.

Sound review to come later but again, HOLY. CRAP. Very crisp treble, perfect quality and quantity of bass. Soundstage Is honestly not far behind the clear.

I'm so thrilled. It's a crime that these are so underrated. I wish more people could listen to these.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #2,598 of 4,398
Focal Elear is close to Denon D9200?
Has anyone had a chance to compare these headphones with each other?
I did a one on one listening with the 9200 and the Elear with a friend not too long ago. Cayin N6MK2 as source on a Burson Soloist mk2.

No comparison. The 9200 beat the Elear, although keeping in mind that the Focal has a different driver, is open and thus has a different signature.

Also both in a very different pricerange. Nevertheless the Elear is also a nice headphone, definately for the price.

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #2,599 of 4,398
Ordered the AHG case suggested a few months ago. Question for people: Do you guys leave the cables connected while stored in the case? Does it fit with the cable still connected? I'm afraid of wearing out the connector ports on the headphone by constantly unplugging and plugging.

I have a WooAudio stand but the arch on it is too wide for the Denon. It would be resting on two hot spots which I'm sure would wear down the leather headband over time.

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #2,600 of 4,398
Ordered the AHG case suggested a few months ago. Question for people: Do you guys leave the cables connected while stored in the case? Does it fit with the cable still connected? I'm afraid of wearing out the connector ports on the headphone by constantly unplugging and plugging.

I have a WooAudio stand but the arch on it is too wide for the Denon. It would be resting on two hot spots which I'm sure would wear down the leather headband over time.
Unfortunately they don’t fit with the cable connected… have to disconnect the cable and place it separately in the AHG case.

Not sure if an even bigger case exists that would allow for the cable to remain connected — I would be interested…

As a result I have resorted to placing my over-ears on a headphone stand. The Room FS Pro A has the perfect arch for the Denon by the way.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #2,601 of 4,398
Unfortunately they don’t fit with the cable connected… have to disconnect the cable and place it separately in the AHG case.

Not sure if an even bigger case exists that would allow for the cable to remain connected — I would be interested…

As a result I have resorted to placing my over-ears on a headphone stand. The Room FS Pro A has the perfect arch for the Denon by the way.
Thanks! Not sure if I want invest in another stand.

What about leaving the case open and having the cable dangling out? would that work?

Jul 7, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #2,602 of 4,398

Thanks! Not sure if I want invest in another stand.

What about leaving the case open and having the cable dangling out? would that work?
Leaving the case open and having the cable dangling would work, but… in that case you may as well just put it in a pouch and store them in a drawer?

Another option is selling the stand that you have (which doesn’t fit the Denon) and getting a stand that does.

For reference, here is a photo of the Denon on the stand, as you can see the headband arch match is perfect. I have since sold the Denon, but was able to find this photo…hope this helps.

1625667236156.jpeg

Jul 7, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #2,603 of 4,398
Leaving the case open and having the cable dangling would work, but… in that case you may as well just put it in a pouch and store them in a drawer?

Another option is selling the stand that you have (which doesn’t fit the Denon) and getting a stand that does.

For reference, here is a photo of the Denon on the stand, as you can see the headband arch match is perfect. I have since sold the Denon, but was able to find this photo…hope this helps.

1625667236156.jpeg
Have this combo as well.
The Room stands do fit to most of the headphones out there, except some "specials" we all know. ^^

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #2,604 of 4,398
Here, Denon says that I have to contact with the shop. That's what I'm going to do. I'll report here about the evolution of this...
I update this. The shop where I bought the 9200s referred me to a local shop that is supposed to be the official Denon technical service... But the shop also repairs other brands and TVs...

I phoned the shop today and they said me that the headphones are not reparable and they will request to Denon Spain a new AH-D9200s to replace mine. In around 15 days they will receive the new headphones... On friday, I will take them there, I hope to don't have problems with the shop (the person who talked to me was a little rude)... So, I have to wait to re-listen the 9200s magic...

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #2,605 of 4,398

1625667236156.jpeg
Thank you for sending this! Australia is under COVID lockdown again so would be annoying to sell for a while...

Here's what mine looks like on the WooAudio stand! Do you think this is okay long term?

Attachments

• IMG_2602.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Jul 7, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #2,607 of 4,398
Also, what do you guys think about this cable? https://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=105

I was thinking about getting it in 4.4. (Copper HPC Mk2 from Forza)
Well, it just happens to be the cable on my photo above. Really liked it while I had the Denon. 😎

Thank you for sending this! Australia is under COVID lockdown again so would be annoying to sell for a while...

Here's what mine looks like on the WooAudio stand! Do you think this is okay long term?
That does look pretty uneven… I wouldn’t leave it like that personally (but I am picky 😜).

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #2,608 of 4,398
Well, it just happens to be the cable on my photo above. Really liked it while I had the Denon. 😎

That does look pretty uneven… I wouldn’t leave it like that personally (but I am picky 😜).
Cool! Good to know. I know the Noir is their more expensive one but there’s a limit somewhere haha.

I think I’m going to buy the case, leave the cable dangling and put it in a drawer. I’d be paranoid about my wife knocking the stand over or pushing the headphone into the stand as well. Safer in a drawer haha.
This way I also get a travel case for them.

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #2,609 of 4,398
Cool! Good to know. I know the Noir is their more expensive one but there’s a limit somewhere haha.

I think I’m going to buy the case, leave the cable dangling and put it in a drawer. I’d be paranoid about my wife knocking the stand over or pushing the headphone into the stand as well. Safer in a drawer haha.
This way I also get a travel case for them.
Oops, yes, mine was the Noir HPC Mk2, thé more expensive version.

Good plan re: case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back