Denon AH-D7000
Jun 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #5,464 of 7,457
Quote:
Quote:
That thos not make any sense. They should be obligated (like in the automotive industry) to carry spare parts for the discontinued model for several years.

I agree but the OEM had no parts and Denon has no headphones and they corporate office has no idea what their customer service center does in Texas. Just poor service and worse yet no communication unless I call and they still do nothing. Anyone buying these discontinued products need to realize unless you getting a steep discount and a Square Deal Warranty you are on your own. Bad business for sure

eek.gif
 The horror! If they're too big to be bothered, time for an online campaign...

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #5,465 of 7,457
Quote:
To anyone with the D7000's, download HDTrack's Ultimate Download Experience (free), and listen to Mozart's Violin Concerto in G major. Ohmygodsogood.

Thanks for sharing, will do it tonight. And return with some thoughts on what's heard...

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #5,466 of 7,457
Following this thread for many months, I was so close of buying the Denon AHD7000. Forutunately, I found a shop in my city and give it a try.
IMO, it is very comfortable. Buld quality is acceptable; it can be improved, espcailly the cable and the connect between the top and the pad.
About the sound quality: the bass is good, little overwhelming I think (Good for movies and techno music), but quite lacking of vocal (not recommend for rock alternatives). It's a very good can for basshead listener.
The sen HD600 or AKG550 is better in term of vocal, but itchy to my ear when reach the peak.
My preferences overall: Sen HD600 > Denon D7000 > AKG 550. 
The Denon didn't give me a WOW factor like my tripple fi 10. 
Maybe I will look forward to the Sen HD700. 

Jun 16, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #5,467 of 7,457
Quote:
Following this thread for many months, I was so close of buying the Denon AHD7000. Forutunately, I found a shop in my city and give it a try.
IMO, it is very comfortable. Buld quality is acceptable; it can be improved, espcailly the cable and the connect between the top and the pad.
About the sound quality: the bass is good, little overwhelming I think (Good for movies and techno music), but quite lacking of vocal (not recommend for rock alternatives). It's a very good can for basshead listener.
The sen HD600 or AKG550 is better in term of vocal, but itchy to my ear when reach the peak.
My preferences overall: Sen HD600 > Denon D7000 > AKG 550. 
The Denon didn't give me a WOW factor like my tripple fi 10. 
Maybe I will look forward to the Sen HD700. 

Review is spot on IMO (accept for bass being overwhelming).  I own the HD600 along with the D7000 and has assessment is about right.  Both phones are great for different genres but I do cross them at times (bass heavy stuff on HD600 and vocals on 7000s).  It's all about my mood.  :)

Jun 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #5,468 of 7,457
Quote:

Review is spot on IMO (accept for bass being overwhelming).  I own the HD600 along with the D7000 and has assessment is about right.  Both phones are great for different genres but I do cross them at times (bass heavy stuff on HD600 and vocals on 7000s).  It's all about my mood.  :)

That funny, I have the HD-650's and the AH-D5000's and I use the D5000's for bass heavy stuff and the HD-650's for acoustical/vocal/instrumental/classical.

Just goes to show not much of what you read here can be taken for a whole lot as everyone hears and enjoys differently.

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #5,469 of 7,457
I enjoy D7000 more than my B&W system depending on the music.  The groove that I get out of my headphone setup is second to none.  I mostly listen to pop, rock, and occasional jazz.  Simply love the drum beat.

Aug 18, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #5,471 of 7,457
Should have a pair by mid next week. Should be an interesting contrast to my W5000 and AD2000. :D Was looking for something with more bass impact. I think the W5000 and AD2000 both do fine.. But I'm curious, you could say.

Aug 19, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #5,472 of 7,457
I think these have great bass.  Almost thought they had too much when I first got them.  Curious as to what you think when you try them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back