Denon AH-D7000
Jul 29, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #4,576 of 7,457

Quote:
I don't think I'll ever be looking to upgrade amps/DACs after this purchase as I believe that any amp over $300 is not worth the extra money, especially with the type of music that I listen to. I know that I definitely won't upgrade from my D7000s as every other headphone in the similar price range has too many cons for me so the M Stage being 'future proof' does not matter to me.
I think that I'll go with the M Stage and the MSII when I get the money, and in the meantime I'll just listen straight out of my Cowon J3.

Alright I hope your right because many many people have said that they won't change up or won't upgrade and a month later are changing everything around. I was one of those people  when I first started and for the last say 5 months I've been happy with what I have. Only reason I'm getting the M stage is because I plan to sell my DT 990's and my fiio set up.

Jul 29, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #4,577 of 7,457
I've changed my mind again and I think going with the Dacport is the sensible option for me now. Saving up for a $500 amp and DAC would just take too long, especially considering that I am currently saving for a laptop and future college fees. I should be able to buy the dacport within a few weeks, and I won't have to worry about buying RCA cables or plugging amps into the mains.
The only other pieces of audio equipment that I am realistically going to buy over the next 5 years is a turntable rig and some maybe some portable headphones. 

Jul 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #4,578 of 7,457
Good choice, I'm also trying to retain myself from more head fi purchases to purchase a MacBook Pro when the new update arrives. I would jump on the new air right now but not even close to enough storage for all my Flac music. Let us know how the dacport works out.

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #4,579 of 7,457
Has anyone done an A/B test on the Cardas Fat Pipe XLR cable, in comparison to the stock D7K? Or impressions on the difference.

I've been considering the Matrix Mini i as a DAC/Amp combo. I could go with a D5K + better DAC & separate amp, but I think I would prefer the "better" D7K and perhaps upgrade the amp later on. I've been reading for weeks on an upgrade to my previous Pro 900 can. I still like bass-orientated cans, and have pretty much scratched the T1 and W5000 off my list.

Jul 30, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #4,580 of 7,457
i have the dacport and nuforce HD in my backyard...
AS A DAC, to my ears...
the HD is clearly SUPERIOR to the dacport..in terms of soundstaging across many cans.
i always get a WOW effect when i switch between the two dacs.

========
i dun use the dacport or HD as a dac-amp....
an extra amp is usually attached to either of the above.
========

all said, i would buy the HD if given a choice between dacport.
its a CLEAR CUT choice.
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 30, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #4,582 of 7,457
i just bought hrt 2+ , wonder how that stacks against the hd

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #4,584 of 7,457
( i know this is a d7000 thread....
tongue.gif
 )
n i only have the d2000 ....but the excitement just got to me..
 i just plugged in a grahamsleeNOVOamp to the nuforceHDdac...
and the sound coming out of the d2000 is just so alive and glorious..
spacious, crisp and dynamic. never heard the d2000 sing so well before.
the NOVO is amazing!

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #4,586 of 7,457

Quote:
curious to know what soundcard would make for the best GAMING (music not a concern) solution for these guys. looking at the stx, titanium hd, etc.

i wouldnt go for the creative Soundcards Rashbeep, honestly too much of a hassle with my experience of 5 of their cards through a period of 10 years, driver bugs, deafening screeches (clocked in at 127 decibels once, blew my mind), errors and such, and sound cutting off randomly with certain games.

Someone might come along and tell you that they never had problems with their Creative soundcards but honestly he's just a lucky person!

My recommendation is the STX, i havent heard of too many problems (unless im living under a rock) with that card, i dont own it, but thats because my pico is serving me well (until i buy the STX for gaming that is)

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #4,587 of 7,457

Quote:
curious to know what soundcard would make for the best GAMING (music not a concern) solution for these guys. looking at the stx, titanium hd, etc.

By far the Creative Titanium HD if you can afford it, or go with something like Auzentech X-Fi Forte or even a Creative X-Fi Titanium if you're on a budget. All X-Fi powered cards wipe the floor with anything the competition has to offer (namely anything from Asus).

I've used dozens of Creative cards on my systems as well as installing them on others, and as long as they're installed and configured properly, there are close to zero issues with any of them.

The thing to keep in mind is that Asus cards are made for music, with gaming being an afterthought, which clearly shows through the lack of hardware OpenAL support, full EAX 1-5 support (unlike Asus' software emulated EAX 2), better positional accuracy, and the fact that games do recognize Creative cards and perform better on those. Overall, forget Asus cards if you're gaming.

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #4,588 of 7,457

Quote:
i wouldnt go for the creative Soundcards Rashbeep, honestly too much of a hassle with my experience of 5 of their cards through a period of 10 years, driver bugs, deafening screeches (clocked in at 127 decibels once, blew my mind), errors and such, and sound cutting off randomly with certain games.

Someone might come along and tell you that they never had problems with their Creative soundcards but honestly he's just a lucky person!

My recommendation is the STX, i havent heard of too many problems (unless im living under a rock) with that card, i dont own it, but thats because my pico is serving me well (until i buy the STX for gaming that is)

lol i suppose that would be me. have used creative cards a lot in the past and never really found much problems. i do remember there being some weird support with 5.1 gaming and vista a while back. still though, most of the things i've heard about creative's new cards are that the problems that were present with the older cards are a thing of the past. for music i have another amp/dac in my sights so this is purely a gaming purchase. and roller, have you tried the stx enough to back up that claim. if you have, then i may just go that route!

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #4,589 of 7,457
i love guru3d's reviews, give this a look, it gives you some major insight about the cards features, im mainly going for dolby headphone support.

BLAM

Heres a creative Titanium HD review

BLAM #2

Aug 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #4,590 of 7,457
would it be possible to find the performance of the titanium hd for gaming for cheaper? i know the titanium hd advertises itself as an audiophile card which means it tries to be an end all solution for music, movies and games. since I only want something that will give me great gaming performance, and nothing else, would I even need to consider the titanium hd at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back