Denon AH-D7000
Jun 25, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #1,066 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're going to want more words than this but here goes.

D7000 are more comfortable but more likely to fall off you head if moving. More natural presentation than Ed9.

I'm listening to D7000 for twice as long as Ed9 these days.

Hope that helps.

Sceptre

Wow, I move alot and they have never even come close to falling off the head. maybe I just have a big head. Superaltive sounding headphones. Blows my cd3000's out of the water. with the right transport and dac and and and...

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #1,067 of 7,464
Another week has gone....
frown.gif

Did anybody succeed to get any good news from the J&R before the weekend?

Jun 27, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #1,068 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slavaua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another week has gone....
frown.gif

Did anybody succeed to get any good news from the J&R before the weekend?

I called yesterday and had the girl send an email to their "supplier" as to when more D7000 could be expected. She told me they would forward any information they obtained to me, but I'll believe that when I see it.

In the meantime, please enjoy the following comic relief. See if you can pick out what I found so funny about this page =)

jandrfail.jpg

Jun 27, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #1,069 of 7,464
LOL

The thing that bothers me more is their lying about when they expect them. It's been 7-10 days every week for the last month and a half. I'd be much happier if they told the truth and said that they don't know when they'll be available. I really hate being lied to.
mad.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #1,070 of 7,464
It took me 2 months to get mine from J&R, but they did come eventually. If I was less patient, I would have spend another $125 and got them from Headroom instead, but I was willing to wait it out. Once they got them in stock, I literally had them in my hands the next day (I paid for Express UPS to Canada). I don't believe that J&R customer reps really know when the next shipment will actually arrive, but I believe that they are just at the mercy of Denon's distributor. They probably place an batch order with then distributor, and hope for the best they will show up in the next shipment, so it really could be "any time now" from their viewpoint.

Jun 27, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #1,071 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL

The thing that bothers me more is their lying about when they expect them. It's been 7-10 days every week for the last month and a half. I'd be much happier if they told the truth and said that they don't know when they'll be available. I really hate being lied to.
mad.gif

I hate being lied to as well but you have to have known this was going to happen? This thread has documented many instances of people ordering D7000 from J&R. From that you should already know that delays are prolonged and the customer reps don't really know when they are coming in. I don't really think they are intentionally lying though. As I said above, from their perspective, they might really be expecting them in "in the next shipment" because normally that's what happens with most other merchandise. (backorder gets placed, backorder filled in the next shipment or two)

So personally I think that you have two choices, just cancel the order and let them know why. Maybe they will even knock some more off your price to keep your order (like they did for one person earlier in this thread). Or just pay the price to somebody who has them in stock (albeit at a much higher price). More than one person has opted for #2 just because they didn't want to wait.

I guess what I'm saying is: don't get too hung up over it. I placed my order, waited and waited, and when I got them eventually, I was happy they came through, and I got factory fresh top grade headphones for a great price. It was worth the wait, and I'm happy there is somebody like J&R who is an authorized dealer and can get away with discounting them like this.

Jun 27, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #1,072 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate being lied to as well but you have to have known this was going to happen? This thread has documented many instances of people ordering D7000 from J&R. From that you should already know that delays are prolonged and the customer reps don't really know when they are coming in. I don't really think they are intentionally lying though. As I said above, from their perspective, they might really be expecting them in "in the next shipment" because normally that's what happens with most other merchandise. (backorder gets placed, backorder filled in the next shipment or two)

So personally I think that you have two choices, just cancel the order and let them know why. Maybe they will even knock some more off your price to keep your order (like they did for one person earlier in this thread). Or just pay the price to somebody who has them in stock (albeit at a much higher price). More than one person has opted for #2 just because they didn't want to wait.

I guess what I'm saying is: don't get too hung up over it. I placed my order, waited and waited, and when I got them eventually, I was happy they came through, and I got factory fresh top grade headphones for a great price. It was worth the wait, and I'm happy there is somebody like J&R who is an authorized dealer and can get away with discounting them like this.

I completely agree with everything you stated. Also, I have no problem at all waiting for my order to be filled. Though, It would be nice to at least have a general idea of when to expect shipment. I see Headroom has them in stock for $699, but I just can't justify spending that much, when having some patients will save me $120+ dollars.

Jun 27, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #1,074 of 7,464
Any more rediculous than the HD800 thread?. I was one who's patience failed before they could ship.. I ended up buying mine from Headroom for the then, 699.00 price. and I don't regret not waiting. Patience has it's rewards but it's not one of my virtues.

Jun 27, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #1,075 of 7,464
The way I see it, if J&R didn't have it for such a good price, then I wouldn't have bought it at all. So 2-3 months is still less than Infinity
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #1,076 of 7,464
i asked them when i would get them and after i pressed them a little they admitted to me that they really didnt know when... but i knew that before i placed my order so im not one to complain, especially given the price
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM Post #1,077 of 7,464
I got an idea. Spend the extra $100, support a sponsor of this forum and sacrifice maybe eating out or something like that for the 2 months you would have waited for J&R. This sacrifice of eating out or whatever will save you easily $100 or more. You could have the phones and be enjoying them now instead of whining...lol
Just a thought...peace

Jun 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #1,078 of 7,464
Just curious:

The price I am getting at headroom is $799 (a $220 difference, from the $579 j&r price). I would like to know where people are getting the $699 price, because that might be a reasonable price for this can.

699e.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got an idea. Spend the extra $100, support a sponsor of this forum and sacrifice maybe eating out or something like that for the 2 months you would have waited for J&R. This sacrifice of eating out or whatever will save you easily $100 or more. You could have the phones and be enjoying them now instead of whining...lol
Just a thought...peace

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #1,080 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious:

The price I am getting at headroom is $799 (a $220 difference, from the $579 j&r price). I would like to know where people are getting the $699 price, because that might be a reasonable price for this can.

699e.jpg

Things are not always as they appear.. Call them and tell them you heard about them on Head-Fi.. See what price they will give you as gesture of good will for a Head=Fi'er...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back