Denon AH-D7000
Oct 22, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #256 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm starting to like these pretty much and my wallet runs away from me
biggrin.gif

Haha -- don't worry, your wallet will always return to you.

It knows that you are the only one that ever feeds it anything!
tongue.gif

darthsmile.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #257 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I let the Denon's burn-in over a night and they improved noticeably. Mids are coming more closer and bass has tighten up.

I'm starting to like these pretty much and my wallet runs away from me
biggrin.gif

So, would you like to borrow mine now?

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #259 of 7,464
seriously! It seems like these headphones lost a lot of momentum once people realize that they are basically D5000 (with a little more bass and slightly updated drivers)....to me at least that doesn't warrant the $4-500 difference.

Oct 30, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #260 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by monsieurguzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seriously! It seems like these headphones lost a lot of momentum once people realize that they are basically D5000 (with a little more bass and slightly updated drivers)....to me at least that doesn't warrant the $4-500 difference.

I don't think that is the problem. The D7000 is not available in the USA, even though many stores have it for preorder. Even Headroom seemed to only have a few available (all sold out now) and they were selling it for MSRP. Even the Japanese exporters (Audiocubes, Price Japan) are selling it for just about $1K, and even they don't seem to have much stock.

$1K is a lot of money for a headphone that has no solid reviews. I, for one, am waiting for a comprehensive review from somebody who actually likes the Denon sound. When you don't like the sonic signature of something it's easy to say it all sounds the same.

Amazon Japan has four reviews. I tried google translate but the translation is absolute rubbish. If anybody who knows Japanese feels interested in translating, I wouldn't mind
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #261 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by odigg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$1K is a lot of money for a headphone that has no solid reviews. I, for one, am waiting for a comprehensive review from somebody who actually likes the Denon sound. When you don't like the sonic signature of something it's easy to say it all sounds the same.

Markl has a commercial website now (Lawton Audio) with a report on the D7000 (in part based on deconstructing a pair - probably more than your average reviewer will do
bigsmile_face.gif
). Very roughly it says that it's a bit better but still has the D5000's major flaws. Given that it's on a commercial website selling Denon upgrades eaders can decide for themselves what they make of this report - but it's certainly worth reading the whole thing.

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #262 of 7,464
Hey odigg, I'm in the process of translating it now. Here's the post and hope it helps! http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/jap...1/#post4929545

Quote:

Originally Posted by odigg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think that is the problem. The D7000 is not available in the USA, even though many stores have it for preorder. Even Headroom seemed to only have a few available (all sold out now) and they were selling it for MSRP. Even the Japanese exporters (Audiocubes, Price Japan) are selling it for just about $1K, and even they don't seem to have much stock.

Amazon Japan has four reviews. I tried google translate but the translation is absolute rubbish. If anybody who knows Japanese feels interested in translating, I wouldn't mind
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #263 of 7,464
I was interested in the D7000 but exchange rates suck at the moment in Korea.

The pricejapan price for delivery to Korea is 1,244,000 won. That's a lot of money. It was 900 odd thousand not so long ago.

A couple of months ago I bought the Kenwood KH K1000 for 309,000 won and I've been very happy with them! Now, they are 481,000 won!

I don't think I'll be upgrading my headphones for a little while. Shame
mad.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #264 of 7,464
Nov 11, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #266 of 7,464
I wonder if this price 554$ isn't a mistake from this website. Mine costed a bit more than 830$ from the cheapest web shop in japan.

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #267 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PLEATHER !!

I was complaining about the d7000 not being true leather at first and also their website lying about this fact but actually I now think that this isn't so bad anymore.
Those pads have have the advantage of not being as hot as my edition 9 using leather and the build quality seems to be better than my cd3000 pleather pads so hopefully they wont tear as easily over time.

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #269 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was complaining about the d7000 not being true leather at first and also their website lying about this fact but actually I now think that this isn't so bad anymore.
Those pads have have the advantage of not being as hot as my edition 9 using leather and the build quality seems to be better than my cd3000 pleather pads so hopefully they wont tear as easily over time.

Better or not, it is still false advertising and it is wrong.

Nov 11, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #270 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if this price 554$ isn't a mistake from this website. Mine costed a bit more than 830$ from the cheapest web shop in japan.

There are a lot of stores selling them for prices between USD $500 - $600. Problem is, nobody has them in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back