Denon AH-D7000
Oct 20, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #241 of 7,464
Just so people are aware, Luminette has posted some D7000 impressions here.

Another person who says the D5000/D7000 are similar. It seems so strange to me that Headroom says there is a huge difference in bass and some of the impressions in this thread say they are very close. I'm not even sure if I should buy the D7000s anymore...

Guess I just have to wait for more reviews.

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #242 of 7,464
With all due respect to HR, I'd rather rely on impressions from Head-Fi users and meets rather than a retailer of said headphones.

I find their frequency response graphs very useful, but their reviews are generally not as reliable (IMO, YMMV, etc.
wink.gif
)

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:18 AM Post #245 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by onocentaur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Initial impressions:
Packaging is very nice. The box has a spongy (p)leather top!
The wood cups are lovely. They look really dark in all the photos I've seen so far, but mine are much more like the D5000 colour-wise, and with a beautiful grain and of course that lovely gloss finish. Earpads are very comfy too.
Sound - well I've only spent 5 minutes listening out of my laptop headphone jack (!), so don't take this too seriously - but it all seems good. I would agree with Gu Sensei that it's like the D5000, but a bit brighter and more forward. I'll have to wait until I get home to give them a proper listen - and then wait for the burn-in, too
tongue.gif

onocentaur where did you order D7000's from.

Did you incur any custom & VAT charges bringing them into the UK.

Oct 21, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #246 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krelian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From the review:

So, the D7000 is just D2000/D5000 with a better cable and new earcups?

No, they have new drivers.

Oct 21, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #248 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by monsieurguzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so it seems that CNET has finally posted a very favorable review for the Denon D7000's. Seems they like them quite a bit more than the D5ks, and don't have any complaints about the strong bass, but I'm still curious how much better/different they are than the markl mod D5000s.

enjoy:
Denon AH-D7000 Full Review, Accessory Reviews on CNET.co.uk

I'm not sure if I believe much of anything reviewed by CNET. I have different examples of why I make such a statment, but I'll only state one. They reviewed two Denon IEMS and discussed how much better the more expensive one was. Unfortunately, both IEMs had the same housing and driver. There is no sonic difference between them.

Quote:

What was the reviewer talking about then?

The D2000/D5000 have the same driver. The D7000 has a new driver. The reviewer even stated that the D7000 has 2 db more sensitivity than the D5000. I don't know how the reviewer then stated the internals are the same.

Oct 21, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #249 of 7,464
Quote:

What was the reviewer talking about then?

well in the features he explains that the magnets are 10% stronger than the D5000, which is true, so hes contradicting him self. Also What, did I miss something or is this guy using an ipod as a source
frown.gif
?

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #250 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by odigg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D2000/D5000 have the same driver. The D7000 has a new driver. The reviewer even stated that the D7000 has 2 db more sensitivity than the D5000. I don't know how the reviewer then stated the internals are the same.

I believe he was talking about the cable.

I just received my d7000 but i found something weird. The website says the headband is made of leather but mine looks very flimsy, it looks like fake leather to me. Anyone else with the d7000 noticed that?
I was afraid that the pivot were a bit frail but I don't think there is a need to worry about that on the d7000. Both pivot aren't loose and when i compare them with my edition 9, they are about the same width and so far my e9 are still in perfect condition.
Other than that I'm very satisfied with it
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #251 of 7,464
I compared loaned D7000's with my friend's D2000's and find the differences very small. D7000's might have more top end sparkle and punchier bass, but it's just not worth the huge price difference.

And also I came to conclusion again, that Denon's are not for me. They sound pretty hollow and lacks the emotion from music which Grado offers. Okay I like the punchy bass from Denon's and they were pretty good in movies and games but when it comes to music listening, they just don't cut it.

I know a fellow head-fier from Finland that has D2000's markl-modded and with APS V3 cable so I'm interested hearing those sometimes to properly judge Denon's. In stock form I don't rank them so high.

Oct 21, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #252 of 7,464
Quote:

Although unchanged internally, cabling has been improved.

He was talking about the internals of the cable, not the headphone.

Oct 22, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #254 of 7,464
I'll have more time to listen to them during the weekend but for now here is how the non burned in d7000 looks to me compared to the e9.

The sound of the edition 9 is more forward than the d7000.
The e9 seems to have a bit more focus on the medium than the d7000, the d7000 has a more balanced sound .
That's not really a bad thing for the e9 though, I don't think anyone buys them for their neutral sound
smily_headphones1.gif

The bass of d7000 is very nice, have good impact and goes very deep even though it seems to have slightly less slam than the e9, I wouldn't call the bass of the d7000 flabby. It's easier to pick details in a songs with a d7000 than an e9.
The e9 still seems more involving than the d7000 but they always remind me that they are here while I think the d7000 could easily be forgotten on my head
smily_headphones1.gif

The d7000 is also much more comfortable than than the e9, it doesn't clamp nor get as hot as the e9 but it doesn' t seem nearly as sturdy as the e9.

I'll let the d7000 burn in more for now .

Oct 22, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #255 of 7,464
I let the Denon's burn-in over a night and they improved noticeably. Mids are coming more closer and bass has tighten up.

I'm starting to like these pretty much and my wallet runs away from me
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back