Denon AH-D7000
Nov 13, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #286 of 7,464
In side the bottom of the pad there is a white plastic ring. You need to secure that ring when you are truning the pad to be able to unlock it. If you don't secure with your fingers the ring the outter of the pad will just turn around the ring and the pads will not come off.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Nov 23, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #287 of 7,464
Is Audio Technica ATH-W5000 still better in terms of stage, airness and detalization?
I definitely prefer W5000 to D5000 (and also to Grado RS-1/GS1000), because I listen mostly classical and acoustic music (often with female vocals), and they are incredible with their wide stage, that really surround you, and clean, detailed sound, especially good in the upper-mid and highs. On the other hand, Denon AH-D5000 definitely have stronger bass and they are even more comfortable, than W5000 (W5000 have great comfort as well, exactly for me). I guess if D7000 could outmatch W5000 on their traditionally territory, becaming the best universal solution both to the classical and to heavy music.

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #288 of 7,464
I really liked the W5000, the king of transparency. Female vocals are magical. (Have you heard the Getz/Gilberto SACD? With the W5000 and track one, I had my first OMG headphone moment.) Ultimately, they were too bright for my sensitive ears. The D7000 are not so transparent as the W5000 and their sound signature is fairly different, but they do classical and acoustic very well. With classical, tympani, bass drum, tubas, cello, all are presented incredibly life-like. It might just come down to a question of taste and preference. However, the D7000 is amazingly versatile and brilliantly portrays varied genres including rock, acoustic, classical, techno, hip-hop, disco.... in fact, I dont think I have found any genre that the D7000 doesn't do very well-- just varying degrees of excellence. The more I listen, the more I love them.

Nov 29, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #289 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nifrigel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Audio Technica ATH-W5000 still better in terms of stage, airness and detalization?
I definitely prefer W5000 to D5000 (and also to Grado RS-1/GS1000), because I listen mostly classical and acoustic music (often with female vocals), and they are incredible with their wide stage, that really surround you, and clean, detailed sound, especially good in the upper-mid and highs. On the other hand, Denon AH-D5000 definitely have stronger bass and they are even more comfortable, than W5000 (W5000 have great comfort as well, exactly for me). I guess if D7000 could outmatch W5000 on their traditionally territory, becaming the best universal solution both to the classical and to heavy music.

I wanna know what kind of amp and source your using for the W5000.

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #291 of 7,464
CALL Headroom and see what they say. The D7000 can only be listed at MSRP - you won't find a cheap price Googling - you'll need to call.

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #292 of 7,464
They can be purchased on the web in Japan for 83,000 yen, but the weak dollar will not help much there.

I am still quite enamored with the D7000 and would choose them over all other phones I have heard as my one-pair-on-a-desert-island choice. I sorta see them as a relative bargain compared to the rare, out of production greats.

I think they will eventually ease down to the $800 range but it may take a while. I do not know what to think of those places advertising in the $550 range. Has anyone actually purchased a pair at that rate?

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #293 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gu Sensei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They can be purchased on the web in Japan for 83,000 yen, but the weak dollar will not help much there.

I am still quite enamored with the D7000 and would choose them over all other phones I have heard as my one-pair-on-a-desert-island choice. I sorta see them as a relative bargain compared to the rare, out of production greats.

I think they will eventually ease down to the $800 range but it may take a while. I do not know what to think of those places advertising in the $550 range. Has anyone actually purchased a pair at that rate?

No...

Most don't have any in stock... and... one (Interstore), which indicates they have them in stock... has no address, or phone number, and doesn't respond to emails - they appear to be a fraudulent web site - I wouldn't purchase anything from them.

Dec 12, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #294 of 7,464
ive just called headroom. they offer it at $700 for people who purchase a headroom amp. but their entry models dont even have 6.3 jack which means i would hav to drop another $700 for their desktop amp... otherwise d7000 is $895. but they're sold out on them at the moment. the service was top notch needless to say. i don't think ive ever gotten a sales question answered quicker over the phone

i just pulled the trigger on it over a seller on ebay. they had listed as $999 but over the phone with a nice gentleman i was able to get it for $800 including express shipping. not too shabby considering they're being sold out everywhere. the hard part will be waiting and preparing next month's rent... for the second time :p

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #295 of 7,464
B&H has them in stock for MSRP. They are a respectable store so if they say they have them in stock they actually have them in stock.

D7000 at B&H

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #296 of 7,464
The problem here is that most people are trying to buy them from places announcing them for like 650$.
When we know that the they cost at least 900$ from the cheapest online shop in japan, chances that we find them for 650$ available any time soon in the US are pretty slim.

Edit: doh didn't notice Gu Sensei said about the same things 3 post earliers sorry
tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #297 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by curiousmuffin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i just pulled the trigger on it over a seller on ebay.

Cool. I think you will be very happy. Please post some impressions when you get a chance.

Dec 14, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #298 of 7,464
right now i am running a d5000 through head-direct ef1 with telefunken 12au7 and a modded ming da 60 DAC that was a bargain at $700 :p. and i may be the first one to say this but... i am not satisfied with d5000's bass. yes it is bloated and just not as strong and deep as i expected. my headphone setup is to replace the diy loudspeakers that i sold which were suppose to be as good as any $10k pair out there. HTGuide Forum - It's time for a Statement announcing my latest project..
they were true full range speakers that did not need a subwoofer at all. i hope d7000's bass will be refined enough that i won't be missing these speakers much... ive read that d7000's bass is as close to full range speaker experience as possible... i hope i was reading that here instead of cnet review.. i can't remember
frown.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #299 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by curiousmuffin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive read that d7000's bass is as close to full range speaker experience as possible... i hope i was reading that here instead of cnet review.. i can't remember
frown.gif

I do not remember if that was on the cnet review, but it has been mentioned here. I certainly concur with the statement!

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:22 AM Post #300 of 7,464
Headroom seems to have a d7000 b stock for sell at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back