Denon AH-D7000
Jan 25, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #7,412 of 7,464
Than you for the comment and sharing your experience with this! I have contemplated this headband for an old D7000 set as I really don't want to crack open the new set I have horded away. Can you clarify what is rubbing from your comment above? Thanks, Arjestin.
For the love of god, sell me your new D7000...

Jan 25, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #7,414 of 7,464
Jan 27, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #7,415 of 7,464
Than you for the comment and sharing your experience with this! I have contemplated this headband for an old D7000 set as I really don't want to crack open the new set I have horded away. Can you clarify what is rubbing from your comment above? Thanks, Arjestin.
I meant that extending the headband in and out causes metal-on-metal friction, similar to the Hifiman Sundara headband. I suppose it's not an issue if you adjust the length once and just leave it there.

Jan 26, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #7,417 of 7,464
Just want to share my love for Denon D7000 (Lawton mod) that i got from @Florin Mandru
its now my default commute can despise their size. Plug into the balanced 4.4 Cayin N8 in balanced mode, even Bluetooth from iPhone sounds phenomenal. Not to mention playing flac from N8.

They do well with post-rock, classical, folk, EDM and most genres, good detail and soundstage, and just sounds really fun and engaging.

This is my most bass heavy can but it never felt bloated. I don’t use my 64 Audio u12t as much now. Just very addictive.

Feb 19, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #7,418 of 7,464
Still using my D7000's at work regularly..............mine has the Lawton treatments done by Mark, his pads, with deeper than stock Teak cups from a great member and a Q French Silk cable. Have had them almost 10 years now and still rank as my favorite closed back.

Feb 27, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #7,420 of 7,464
How much would my D7000 fetch in the used market (9/10 flawless condition) ?.

I have always felt they were too bass boomy for me. I listen to rock and pop and while i love the mids and overall warmth of them, i wonder if id be happier with the Clear MG or LCD-X (yes they are open but i listen at home by myself). A friend suggested getting a small dac like the ifi GO BLUE to tighten up the bass. I use the D7000 right out of my iphone (Tidal HD) and directly into my integrated amp (Parasound Hint 6).

Mar 1, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #7,421 of 7,464
How much would my D7000 fetch in the used market (9/10 flawless condition) ?.

I have always felt they were too bass boomy for me. I listen to rock and pop and while i love the mids and overall warmth of them, i wonder if id be happier with the Clear MG or LCD-X (yes they are open but i listen at home by myself). A friend suggested getting a small dac like the ifi GO BLUE to tighten up the bass. I use the D7000 right out of my iphone (Tidal HD) and directly into my integrated amp (Parasound Hint 6).
It's really hard to price older gears (no recent selling prices to compare to). But $4xx-5xx will be reasonable depending on the conditions, at least I will pay that.
I have LA 7000 am looking to sell, listed it $685 and no cash takers, yet (the MOD alone cost more than that) so, you just never know
good luck!!

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #7,422 of 7,464
Thank you for the reply. I decided to try and make an attempt to improve the sound of the D7000 by purchasing the ifi Blu to see if it will tighten up the bass (it's in transit). It seemed like a less expensive potential solution. If it doesn't, then i will try and sell the headphones and buy something i like better.

Apr 26, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #7,423 of 7,464
As I have been busy lately listen to different iems so I decided to take these babies out of the box and spend some quality time with them.
I forgot how great these D7000 sound. I remember great unmatched bass quality with exceptional texture but forgot how good soundstage these have as well.
They sound wider than the D7200. But coming from iem's world I noticed that these do lack of mids and highs present. Overall they sound a bit too dark now.

Yes, we can modify cable, try different pads perhaps even some manual tuning but that is not my style. I am on my desktop 90% of all listening time so
I used APO equalizer to bring the best from these vintage classics. After listening a lot of music I have created a EQ settings that suits my needs very
well. Now as always I do not turn it off as the new sound is way too adictive. The goal was to bring some space into them, increase mids and highs slightly so they will open up.... and they did. The sound now is so great, full of live, lot of details and addictive sound texture that I enjoy on these so much.
I turn these classics into vintage killers. These headphones are simply amazing. Their buttery sound (mainly the bass) is phenomenal.
Especially when I plug them into my Denon PMA-800NE amp (analog mod) I cannot really get enough of them.

IEMs might have the momentum these days but such good vintage sound like the D7000 have is something they simply cannot produce.

Anyway, you might not like my EQ settings but I suggest if you have the chance do try them. Lets see if you like what you hear now.

Happy Listening :)

1682550405823.png

Apr 28, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #7,425 of 7,464
My D7000 passed away this week... The right driver was already sounding a bit flabby, and now it started to crackle. The rubber ring at the edge of the membrane got worn out and brittle after 14 years, and it cracked...

The only place in Italy where they still have official replacement drivers was asking me 320 EUR for the job (plus shipping)... so I bit the bullet and bought a D7200 instead.

Anyway, this means that I now have a D7000 that works except for the right driver: earpads and headband are not the original ones of course, and last year I had replaced the grey foam dampening rings (with original spare parts). The rest is still stock and in good conditions: the metal frame, the wooden cups, the left driver, the cable...

If anyone needs some replacement parts for their D7000, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back