Denon AH-D7000
Sep 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #6,798 of 7,464
Ok another question then. Burson HA-160 with the D7000 is a great match right? I hear good things but still on the fence so anyone wanna pitch in?

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #6,799 of 7,464
yes,The listening for a long time is a light magnesium frame that achieves a comfortable installation feeling.
28.gif

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #6,800 of 7,464
Ok another question then. Burson HA-160 with the D7000 is a great match right? I hear good things but still on the fence so anyone wanna pitch in?

I don't have Burson HA-160 but HA-160DS and it's fantastic :) even with Audeze LCD2.1 it's pretty amazing for the price.

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #6,801 of 7,464
wouldn't baby soloist be better than the older burson amps? i've heard lots of bad things about the 160s...

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #6,803 of 7,464
  wouldn't baby soloist be better than the older burson amps? i've heard lots of bad things about the 160s...

I often wonder about this...

The 160 was the cat's meow when it came out and now all of a sudden its dirty litter. In what way does the Soloist sound better than the 160?

And what happens to the Soloist in two years when Burson replaces it? Will we suddenly hear for ourselves what we've been missing yet again? And again, and again... ?

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #6,804 of 7,464

I often wonder about this...

The 160 was the cat's meow when it came out and now all of a sudden its dirty litter. In what way does the Soloist sound better than the 160?

And what happens to the Soloist in two years when Burson replaces it? Will we suddenly hear for ourselves what we've been missing yet again? And again, and again... ?

Isn't this what always seem to happen? I mean this isn't new at all. The HD650/600 and HE-500 are now considered Mid-Fi. It wasn't to long ago these headphones were at the top, and people that had them were considered Summit-Fi material. I've just accepted the fact that some people need to have the FOTY gear in order to be considered relevant. Can't stop the train...

I wouldn't argue amazing sound quality comes at a price though...

PS: I enjoyed the HA-160 with the Denon's and Fostex headphones. I used the amp exclusively for a few months, and I found it that the bass slam (the strongest area of Burson amps, IMO) was really good. Better than my full decked B22. Everything else was much better on the B22 though..

Sep 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #6,805 of 7,464
Ah well im going from the built in Headphone amp in my Asus Phoebus to the Burson HA-160 so i guess it will be a nice step up regardless of the even "better" options out there. Also got a great deal on the Burson and the b22 is way out of my price range.

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #6,807 of 7,464
Trust your own ears.
dt880smile.png

... Although you gotta be wary, because even those sneaky bastards will lie to you sometimes.
triportsad.gif

Trust 15 year old El Dorado . It never lies to you.

beerchug.gif

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #6,808 of 7,464

try audiogd nfb10.32..:p

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #6,809 of 7,464
Hah well, as always guys thanks for the great advice! 
tongue.gif
 I'll be happy with the HA-160 for a while before i start upgrading again. Gotta get that bifrost first before i do any other major upgrades. Also one more question. When i get the amp ill first be using it without the bifrost so straight from the soundcard. Now the headphone jack for my current soundcard already has a amp built in. Could i just hook the Burson to the same jack if i put the gain on the headphone amp in the card to normal?

Sep 18, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #6,810 of 7,464
  Hah well, as always guys thanks for the great advice! 
tongue.gif
 I'll be happy with the HA-160 for a while before i start upgrading again. Gotta get that bifrost first before i do any other major upgrades. Also one more question. When i get the amp ill first be using it without the bifrost so straight from the soundcard. Now the headphone jack for my current soundcard already has a amp built in. Could i just hook the Burson to the same jack if i put the gain on the headphone amp in the card to normal?

For best results, NO. Using the headphone jack to connect to your Burson is not a great idea; but it will do if you need to use that setup for a short time until you get your DAC. Listen for yourself and see if it sounds alright for the short term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back