Denon AH-D7000
Aug 5, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #4,621 of 7,457
buy.com has them (D7000s new)  for about $700.
I got a pair there and they are fine.

**** you Head-Fi, I had no intentions of spending $700 today. Now I know what they mean by staying away from this place after you make your first purchase.

Thanks for the heads up on the deal rgs9200m! :atsmile:

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #4,622 of 7,457

Quote:
**** you Head-Fi, I had no intentions of spending $700 today. Now I know what they mean by staying away from this place after you make your first purchase.

Thanks for the heads up on the deal rgs9200m!
atsmile.gif

Take good care of them and they hold most of their value in resale.  And they are a great, great headphone.  My fav's to date.  too bad they no longer fit my needs very well...

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #4,625 of 7,457

Quote:
Stock is a nice, high purity copper.  I like it.

Yes, but when i bought the d-7000 i used the silver dragon cable which i bought it for my my old hd650 , but the left and right (black & red) cables were very short , so i removed around 20cm from the coating to extend the (black & red) cables ,

I know the cables are isolated and should not to remove the coating , so did i ruined the cable ?

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #4,627 of 7,457

Quote:
Any experience with D7000 matched with DACMagic?

I love my setup with the DACMagic and The AH D7000s.  I will say that amplification does help, but its very easy to drive.

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #4,631 of 7,457

I use the Audio-GD FUN (dac/amp/usb).  I've heard many members post about the Nuforce HDP which is an all-in-one as well too.  Both can be had new for around $400 USD.
Quote:
Any other cheap DAC suggestion using with D7000 through USB?

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #4,632 of 7,457
I'm sure this has been discussed before (apologies), but what are some particularly smooth-sounding/laid back amps with the D7000? I've been loving these headphones, for the most part, with my Burson amp. The combo is punchy, dynamic, transparent, detailed, fast and full-bodied. With a good recording, it's the best sound I've ever had. Engaging and rich. 

My only gripe with this combo is that it can sound a bit forward and bright at times. Or some might say, with the Burson in particular, that the top end is rather very detailed and honest/revealing. I would tend to agree. It can be very satisfying and addictive. But other times I find myself wanting a more laid-back sound, less forward in the treble. Ideally I could add that amp next to my Burson for when that contrast is desired. Any tried and true recs? Any successful tube amp pairings? I'd like to keep the speed/detail/dynamics of good solid state but mate it with a smoother/a little recessed top end.

Aug 9, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #4,633 of 7,457

Quote:
I'm sure this has been discussed before (apologies), but what are some particularly smooth-sounding/laid back amps with the D7000? I've been loving these headphones, for the most part, with my Burson amp. The combo is punchy, dynamic, transparent, detailed, fast and full-bodied. With a good recording, it's the best sound I've ever had. Engaging and rich. 

My only gripe with this combo is that it can sound a bit forward and bright at times. Or some might say, with the Burson in particular, that the top end is rather very detailed and honest/revealing. I would tend to agree. It can be very satisfying and addictive. But other times I find myself wanting a more laid-back sound, less forward in the treble. Ideally I could add that amp next to my Burson for when that contrast is desired. Any tried and true recs? Any successful tube amp pairings? I'd like to keep the speed/detail/dynamics of good solid state but mate it with a smoother/a little recessed top end.

I went through iStreamer and now I have FiiO E7.  Sure, E7 is nothing to brag about considering many people think $400 DAC a budget DAC.  Having said that the difference between the two DACs were pretty clear to me.  iStreamer made the sound more 3D and caused the music even more dynamic, punch, and engaging.  On the other hand, E7 is more gentle, but brings more detail, in fact too much detail where it brings out some recording flaws.  

So, what I'm trying to say is that having a neutral DAC may help tame some of the symptoms that you mentioned.  I think, I'm pretty content with E7 as it has a decent synergy with my D7000 + Burson, although there is jitter issue with my iPad occasionally.

Aug 10, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #4,635 of 7,457
Give a Peachtree a shot. I had a Decco2 and enjoyed the sound, but it was a little too laid back to be my only amp for the D7000. Might be just what you need though.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back