Denon AH-D7000 Appreciation Society
Nov 7, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #407 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I previously owned the SR325is headphones and the highs made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up...way too bright and hot high end for me. I much prefer the more refined RS1 highs...the D7000s have very nice highs that aren't as shrilly to my ears as the SR325is headphones...and to me that's a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, I still think that the SR325 headphones are great cans (especially for the price), but for my ears the treble was way too hot. I personally preferred the SR225i in the Prestige Series.

Try them balanced, it has made a difference. D7000 has slight sibilance, 325is has none and is not harsh. Again, not looking to bash D7000, I love them but for those who must have zero sibilance or grain in the treble, these are not them. This is with my system so TIFWIW.

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #408 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3320070 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try them balanced, it has made a difference. D7000 has slight sibilance, 325is has none and is not harsh. Again, not looking to bash D7000, I love them but for those who must have zero sibilance or grain in the treble, these are not them. This is with my system so TIFWIW.

In my setup there is zero grain and sibilance...zero. I have tried a pair of 325i goldies balanced and still very hot and harsh trebles in my humble opinion. If you've ever heard the RS1s, I don't think you would then compare the D7000s to the SR325is'...The RS1 are very comparable as to me they are more in the same league...

The 325is are in nowhere in the same league as the Denons...not even close. Silkly highs that don't scream at you, great mids that seduce you and bass like a 12" subwoofer. But then again that listening with my ears with my setup. ...to each his own.

Nov 7, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #409 of 565
I've noticed that sibilance is present in some recordings and some headphones reveal it more than others.
I've also observed that sibilant recordings are much more tolerable with my D7000's through my LD tube amp than my receiver (which is a pretty good amp for phones imo).

@ migs008, That $680 Headroom price is about as good as it gets on the D7000 these days. With their 30 no risk return policy...that's what I'd do if I weren't already a D7000 owner.

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #411 of 565
Well if you are lucky headroom might have an opened one for around 580. Sometimes they have B-Stock and that is stock that is in perfectly good condition but may have been previously used and returned. Headroom checks them and makes sure they are in perfect condition before they sell them so you can be sure your getting something great.

Keep an eye here

B-stock Outlet

Nothing as of today but you never know.

Nov 8, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #412 of 565
tim I think that wonder can would be the l3000 with the grado mids and denon other magics. one can dream...

Nov 8, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #413 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my setup there is zero grain and sibilance...zero. I have tried a pair of 325i goldies balanced and still very hot and harsh trebles in my humble opinion. If you've ever heard the RS1s, I don't think you would then compare the D7000s to the SR325is'...The RS1 are very comparable as to me they are more in the same league...

The 325is are in nowhere in the same league as the Denons...not even close. Silkly highs that don't scream at you, great mids that seduce you and bass like a 12" subwoofer. But then again that listening with my ears with my setup. ...to each his own.

In my system, what I stated is true, and yes I had the RS-1i for a time (liked them but not enough to keep). Your system is clearly different, so don't go trashing my observations- I do hear slight sibilance in the D7000, not with the 325is. Tests were done with same tracks, switching between the two.

Nov 8, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #414 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3320070 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my system, what I stated is true, and yes I had the RS-1i for a time (liked them but not enough to keep). Your system is clearly different, so don't go trashing my observations- I do hear slight sibilance in the D7000, not with the 325is. Tests were done with same tracks, switching between the two.

Dude calm down he's just telling you what he has noticed with his setup he's not trashing your observations. Everyone has different setups and different music so obviously not everyone will have the same observations.

I too with my setup haven't heard any sibiliance. (STX)

Nov 9, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #415 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmask5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude calm down he's just telling you what he has noticed with his setup he's not trashing your observations. Everyone has different setups and different music so obviously not everyone will have the same observations.

I too with my setup haven't heard any sibiliance. (STX)

Thanks for the support.

To clarify to the first poster: I was not trashing your comments, but rather I just wanted it known that there was no sibiliance in my system, so it was NOT the D7000s fault as there are setups were this is not an issue.

That's all...peace!

Nov 13, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #416 of 565
Hey, sorry, I was edgy that night for some reason. So many rip on the 325is, and to my ears, they are really nice with a good source and balanced- especially the treble which is so smooth with female vocals.
I love Canada (definitely TMI, but my beautiful daughter was conceived there)!

Nov 13, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #417 of 565
Guys, I came to the conclusion that the D7000 was the one for me after extensive listening sessions alongside with HD800, GS1000i, K701 etc.

I know it's a bit last minute but, I am flying to San Francisco tomorrow morning and I would like to know if anyone here knows where I could grab'em there for a decent price and in stock, as I am flying back to Paris a few days later.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nov 13, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #418 of 565
Nov 13, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #419 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They just quoted me $795.

Did you mention your affiliation with head-fi? That might affect the price. Or it might not.

If you were unaware (as I once was) "jip" is a racist term that may offend someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back