DENON AH-D600 replacement ear pads
May 15, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #16 of 30
@IYAshike: Why have you exchanged earpads on your HE-400 for those that are from so much cheaper headphones? Btw I like your headphone-stand, but I guess it is from some small local maker and it isn't real wood or is it?

l was looking to improve the comfort of my HE-400s. l already had a pair of cheap earpads (bought them for my PRO700MK2), so l tried them on. Then, l paid those 30€ for the new ones (because they had very good reviews at amazon.de) and to be honest, l am very happy with them (truth is l rarely listen to the HE-400s)...

The HP stand is real wood. You can check them out here (l have the model 'Zebrano'). In case German is not your strength
wink.gif
and you're interested, google "rooms audio line" and you'll find related information in English. Look, out of curiosity l found this thread in headfi...

Just to say, the stand comes with 4 rubber feet, so it's perfect to put in on top of your DAC/amp or on a table you wouldn't like to scratch...

Enjoy!

Last edited:
May 15, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #17 of 30
Actually what for are you using more of similar headphones? For different types of music? I using also one more hp - B&W P5, but I have them for portable use while AH-D600 are just for home (I think that it would look funny to have so huge hp somewhere out, for instance in a coffee shop :) ). Btw about that comfort - I can't imagine any more comfortable earpads than those used on AH-D600, just their durability could be better.

It is hard to find an shop where you can buy it, but I found one where they are actually even in 6 different finishes available and you can see 9 different finishes at included pictures - http://www.analogueseduction.net/rooms-design-headphone-stands/rdfshs2.html, but they are not really cheap. I don't want to spend so much at the moment, but I will keep it in mind for later (specially when this is only well made HP stand that I've seen so far and it is a thing that can't get older or break down, so it should worth to pay extra).
Thanks!

May 16, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #18 of 30
  Actually what for are you using more of similar headphones? For different types of music? I using also one more hp - B&W P5, but I have them for portable use while AH-D600 are just for home (I think that it would look funny to have so huge hp somewhere out, for instance in a coffee shop :) ). Btw about that comfort - I can't imagine any more comfortable earpads than those used on AH-D600, just their durability could be better.

It is hard to find an shop where you can buy it, but I found one where they are actually even in 6 different finishes available and you can see 9 different finishes at included pictures - http://www.analogueseduction.net/rooms-design-headphone-stands/rdfshs2.html, but they are not really cheap. I don't want to spend so much at the moment, but I will keep it in mind for later (specially when this is only well made HP stand that I've seen so far and it is a thing that can't get older or break down, so it should worth to pay extra).
Thanks!

Hey Porim,

l will answer you the way l call 'engineer like':

1- Truth is l'm almost not using them. The only use l give to most of my HPs is occupying space on a vitrine or otherwise, simply take dust! Reason l have more HPs than l need/use is because of.... Headfi? 
rolleyes.gif
 All these mean people giving great impressions on HPs... l also wanted to try! lt's also because l've been finding out what my sound preferences were, so l went from 'looking for a strong bass' to more 'reference sound'... As a result, here l have more HPs than l need. But yeah, l like using them all from time to time!

2- AH-D600 earpads are very comfortable, l agree. Remember that l was looking to replace my Hifiman HE-400 earpads, not those of the Denons, with which l am very happy.

3- l agree. The stand is very solidly and beautifully made. lt should last for years and years. 

May l ask you how much money you have in mind to spend? 

May 18, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #19 of 30
It seems to me that HPs are your hobby. Actually I also wonder how differently sounds an HPs with high impedance, but I am not going to buy an other HPs just to find out.
biggrin.gif

To be honest I never deciding how much money is accurate. Usually I just check out all the options and find out which one suits me most. And just then I check the price and ask myself if I want to spend that money at the moment. If don't, I don't buying any. I just write it down the list which is sorted by the priorities. But in this case I need some temporary solution that will do the job, so I will get that cheap from Hama that I mentioned earlier.
Anyway I think that price should be the last thing, not first like for instance in stock exchange where your priority is to make money. My priority in case like this is to buy an product that will fill my needs as good as possible (it doesn't mean most expensive, but sometimes it is). I mean I don't have any feeling to the money, no matter how much or little of them I have atm, but I love the quality products and I hate the things that were made in terms of price.

May 18, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #20 of 30
Hey Porim,

Are you in UK? Because l found the Hama stand on amazon.co.uk 5 pounds cheaper (here) than in the link you provided...

Yes, gradually, HPs, amps., etc. have become one of my hobbies.

l have never been a materialistic person, it's just that my wife threats me with buying me clothes (a jersey, a pair of trousers, etc.) for Christmas or my birthday if l don't buy anything... As a result, there you have my 'HPs collection'... Well, and... of course, then l started to like them and l bought some for a whim, l confess
rolleyes.gif

l also like good quality products, and yes, they are not always the most expensive. 

Amm... are we a bit deviated from the topic of this thread?
tongue.gif

May 20, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #21 of 30
Nope, I am not in the UK atm, but they have this Hama stand for just 18 € in one local shop that I have down the road so I will stop by some day soon (I have about two weeks to receive new earpads so I don't rush). I used that link of hama.com just as an reference since it should be page of the maker.
Btw they are actually 7 pounds cheaper in your link. You just need to look closer - http://s17.postimg.org/8hap68h4f/Capture.jpg

Deviated? Maybe a little, but not at all...yet!
biggrin.gif
But you're right...we made here a little mess, but I am not sure if there can be said anything more to the topic.

Basically my conclusion/recomendations about those earpads to everybody is that they are originaly extremely expensive and overpriced with high gross margin, so try to make as good deal with your seller as possible (there is always space for it in this case), but even if you did, you don't want to solve this issue over again every little while. So make sure you care about these HPs as good as possible since they are definitelly not the most reliable and you can break them without noticing (as I did). There is no other way than through Denon dealers, so if you don't make with them any reasenable deal, try to contact Lawton Audio (and let us know if they helped you out).

Jul 17, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #23 of 30
Don't listen to people who ordered Brainwavz ear pads for Denon D600 and tell that they sounds good. Waste of money. No bass (it's almost completely gone), way to much mids. It's not D600 anymore, it's a cheap crap with Brainwavz. Probably I'll just fix stock pads with glue. 

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #24 of 30
Couple of questions on these Ear Pads, 1) How do you remove them, and 2) Doe anyone have a better solution, source for the pads outside of ordering the Brainwavz M5?

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #26 of 30
Hate to necro this but I have ran into the same issue. Still waiting to hear back from Denon but I am not holding my breath on that front. These headphones are now closer to $200 and to pay $150 for pads might as well put it towards a new set of something else.

Just wanted to see if anyone has ran into any decent replacements.

Nobody here showed or said what happened to their headphone, but maybe it can help so here is mine:
http://s18.postimg.org/44yzsd20p/20150515_171110.jpg

This is the EXACT issue I had on one of the pads and it is starting on the other. I am really close to super gluing them temporarily.

Don't listen to people who ordered Brainwavz ear pads for Denon D600 and tell that they sounds good. Waste of money. No bass (it's almost completely gone), way to much mids. It's not D600 anymore, it's a cheap crap with Brainwavz. Probably I'll just fix stock pads with glue.

This is spot on. The Brainwavz pads completely destroy the signature of these headphones. You completely lose ALL the bass.

May 21, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #27 of 30
I'll do some necroposting too
so far I've tried some ebay chinese pads replacement, usable but the headphones sound off
I've tried the hm5 but they sound off with those as well (not just the bass, the highs sound weird also)
are there any other options?

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #28 of 30
I'll do some necroposting too
so far I've tried some ebay chinese pads replacement, usable but the headphones sound off
I've tried the hm5 but they sound off with those as well (not just the bass, the highs sound weird also)
are there any other options?

The best I have found so far are the valor hm5. Still sounds way off but those are the ones I have been using on the D600s.

Was so annoyed by this whole thing that I ended up getting a new set of headphones altogether and haven't made time to superglue the original denon pads.

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #30 of 30
My AH-D600s had been sitting in their original box for some time. I pulled them out today and sure enough one of the pads had started to tear away from the part that attaches to the HP as described by others. It's pretty terrible how that happened just from them sitting in the original box! Anyway, it just so happens that I had an extra pair of Brainwavz Sheepskin HM5s (ATH, Philips, Fostex) sitting around, and they fit perfectly on the AH-D600s. While I very much disliked the HM5s on the TH-X00s, they sound great on the AH-D600s. They may even sound better than the stock pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back