DENON AH-D600 replacement ear pads
Nov 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Nygaard

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I've messed up real good and damaged one of the ear pads on my AH-D600 cans.
Google hasn't been able to help my - maybe the model is still too new for the spare parts market?

So I was hoping that someone here could help me find what I'm looking for..

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 30
Quote:
Have you contacted Denon or an Authorized Denon Dealer in your area?

I'll drop by my local dealer where I bought them tomorrow. Hopefully they will be able to help.
It would be nice to know what price to expect, though. I have a feeling that it's fairly easy to get ripped off on the spare parts market :wink:

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 30
If I remember right the replacements for the previous series (AH-D2000/5000/7000) were around $90/pair. Which is within reality for similar pads from other manufacturers (Sony, AT, etc). I think the "explanation" for the high price is that the pads are supposed to last a relatively long time being leather or leather-like.

You might also try contacting Lawton Audio if Denon/Denon dealer is of no help, I know they make custom pads for the older series, and maybe they're planning on doing something for the new cans.

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 30
Quote:
If I remember right the replacements for the previous series (AH-D2000/5000/7000) were around $90/pair. Which is within reality for similar pads from other manufacturers (Sony, AT, etc). I think the "explanation" for the high price is that the pads are supposed to last a relatively long time being leather or leather-like.
You might also try contacting Lawton Audio if Denon/Denon dealer is of no help, I know they make custom pads for the older series, and maybe they're planning on doing something for the new cans.

Ouch! Well, at least the number will be easier to swallow tomorrow, now that I know what to expect haha! Thanks.

Dec 22, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #6 of 30
If the replacement pads from Denon are actually $90 a pair, then one is probably better suited to just buy a great pair from Lawton Audio for $99.00.  You'll get a much better pad out of it.

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #7 of 30
If the replacement pads from Denon are actually $90 a pair, then one is probably better suited to just buy a great pair from Lawton Audio for $99.00.  You'll get a much better pad out of it.

http://www.audiocubes2.com/product_info.php/cPath/27/products_id/512

The thing is, I don't think those (or the Lawton version of those) will fit the D600.

Dec 22, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:
http://www.audiocubes2.com/product_info.php/cPath/27/products_id/512
The thing is, I don't think those (or the Lawton version of those) will fit the D600.

To the original poster, do you happen to have the circumference of the D600 headphones' ear cups?  I can then check my pads - the J$ Denon pads to see how close they are in size.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #9 of 30
Hello,

I've messed up real good and damaged one of the ear pads on my AH-D600 cans.
Google hasn't been able to help my - maybe the model is still too new for the spare parts market?

So I was hoping that someone here could help me find what I'm looking for..

... so did you actually find the pads...? I need some as well...

Feb 15, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #12 of 30
  My ear pads are ripped at the seams. Any replacement ideas?

So many of you had same problem, but nobody wrote how he solved the problem?
I'm having same issue, please share with me your experience.
Thanks!

Hello guys, 

(if you want to 'cut to the cheese' go below to "to the point")

l might have come up with a solution for you, l hope it's not too late 
smile.gif

Thing is, l wanted to replace the ear-pads for my HE-400, so l bought the Brainwavz HM5. lt turned out that the HE-400 ear-pads' rings did not fit these ear-pads, without having to cut the rings (like it is done in this video). After l cut the rings, it all was fine and l could place the HM5 ear-pads on the HE-400, flawlessly. 

Then, looking at the Denons on my desk l thought "Wait a minute, what if l place the Denons' ear-pads on my HE-400?", so l did.

To the point: the HM5 ear-pads will fit your Denon AH-D600 as shown in the pictures. Besides, on my head, they're very comfortable. As the Denons do not exert much cramping force (unless you have a head as big as big water-melon, l guess), the HM5 ear-pads are very comfortable. l dare to say you won't miss the original ones from Denon.

Now, l'm not sure if it's because l haven't listened to the D600 in a while but, l would say the bass presence is emphasised with this mod (i.e. you get even more bass... so be aware: l have warn you!!
L3000.gif
).

Hope it helps!

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #13 of 30
... so did you actually find the pads...? I need some as well...

My ear pads are ripped at the seams. Any replacement ideas?

So many of you had same problem, but nobody wrote how he solved the problem?
I'm having same issue, please share with me your experience.
Thanks!

Sorry, I forgot about this thread!

My local dealer ordered a new pair for me. It took 5 tries (not sure if that is to blame on the dealer, importer or DENON).
They only problem was that they wanted around $150 for them! 
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

I (obviously) told them that there was no way in hell that I'm paying that much for some fake leather. They tried several times to lower the price a little and I kept telling them that I could have a custom set in real leather made for that kind of money.
They finally gave in and let them go for $75. Still expensive, but far from the $150 they wanted to begin with.

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #14 of 30

Sorry, I forgot about this thread!

My local dealer ordered a new pair for me. It took 5 tries (not sure if that is to blame on the dealer, importer or DENON).
They only problem was that they wanted around $150 for them! 
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

I (obviously) told them that there was no way in hell that I'm paying that much for some fake leather. They tried several times to lower the price a little and kept telling them that I could have a custom set in real leather made for that kind of money.
They finally gave in and let them go for $75. Still expensive, but far from the $150 they wanted to begin with.

Well, you got your deal...

After spending that money on new pads, l hope you're enjoying the HPs!

May 15, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #15 of 30
Finally I also contacted local developer which is also friend of mine, so he made me even better price than Nygaard paid and I will even get tax back since I will buy them as an hardware company. But for those who don't have option to pay less I would recomend to contact Lawton Audio and ask them if their Denon earpads will also fit AH-D600. I mean brand new headphones cost $300 with free delivery from Amazon.com, so asking $150 just for earpads is pretty crazy.

And there is one more recomendation that I would give to all of you and what I also decided to do is to buy headphone stand, if you don't have one already. Although I don't know for sure how exactly my earpad got broken, but I think that headphone-stand could avoid it. And only one I found is the one from Hama - https://uk.hama.com/00122050/hama-headphone-stand-black which is pretty cheap, but I think that it will do its job well and it's available in almost every shop.

Nobody here showed or said what happened to their headphone, but maybe it can help so here is mine:
http://s18.postimg.org/44yzsd20p/20150515_171110.jpg

@IYAshike: Why have you exchanged earpads on your HE-400 for those that are from so much cheaper headphones? Btw I like your headphone-stand, but I guess it is from some small local maker and it isn't real wood or is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back