Denon AH-D5000 Unboxing video and compare to the D7000.
May 23, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #76 of 103
I plan to do some direct comparisons d5k to the he400. I may add this to my original review. The sound stage on the he400 is much better to give you the short answer.

Pictures or a video please. I like this comparison.

May 23, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #77 of 103
Quote:
I plan to do some direct comparisons d5k to the he400. I may add this to my original review. The sound stage on the he400 is much better to give you the short answer.

I figured as much. I am always in awe on how nice the soundtage is on the Dk5 for a closed can. I know I sound preachy, but you would be shocked what the gel pads and a few mods do to these and I hated the gels on my DT 990s.

May 23, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #78 of 103
Quote:
I figured as much. I am always in awe on how nice the soundtage is on the Dk5 for a closed can. I know I sound preachy, but you would be shocked what the gel pads and a few mods do to these and I hated the gels on my DT 990s.

Color me interested. Tell me more about the gel pads on the d5k...

May 23, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #79 of 103
Quote:

The only ones I could still find are the black ones (got them from B & H photo), I just put them on a Q-40 that I was messing around with. They are not the same size as the clear ones I have on my Dk5s, but they will fit with some stretching. They take the driver away from your ear for less harsh high end, improved soundstage and improved bass response and isolation. I have yet to try the Lawton angled pads, but the gels blow the J-moneys away to my ears.

May 23, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #81 of 103
Quote:
Quote:

The only ones I could still find are the black ones (got them from B & H photo), I just put them on a Q-40 that I was messing around with. They are not the same size as the clear ones I have on my Dk5s, but they will fit with some stretching. They take the driver away from your ear for less harsh high end, improved soundstage and improved bass response and isolation. I have yet to try the Lawton angled pads, but the gels blow the J-moneys away to my ears.

[size=medium]Very interesting, do I need to take out stock pads from plastic rings and to fit these gel ones?[/size]
[size=medium]I do not want to mess with stock pads, just in case I want them back[/size]

May 23, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #82 of 103
Quote:
[size=medium]Very interesting, do I need to take out stock pads from plastic rings and to fit these gel ones?[/size]
[size=medium]I do not want to mess with stock pads, just in case I want them back[/size]

+1 on the wanting to keep the original pads intact. The other thing that I have noticed is that the d5k seems slightly lighter and has a better fit??? Could be my imagination though...don't think so. When I shake my head back and forth the d5k hardly moves but the d2k moves around quite a bit. Maybe tighter clamp??

May 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #86 of 103
[size=11pt]Waiting for Fearless1 to confirm on stock pads, before I go ahead for my D2K[/size]

May 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #87 of 103
The clears are a better fit, but the blacks work with some stretching,  Black ones on the Q-40  Clears on the Dk5s

The Q-40s with these pads and some silver Dynamat in the cups sound like the Dk5s wthout the imaging or soundstage.

May 23, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #89 of 103
So the ring that contains the locking tabs will just come out? And did you have a screen material to protect the driver?

May 23, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #90 of 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Back