Denon AH-D5000 and AH-D2000 - Screws Coming Loose?
Aug 8, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #76 of 91
that's doing it the hard way ...not the easy way

Aug 8, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #77 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you get your forefinger inbetween what seems to be just the pad and the metal.....grip the pad firmly with forefinger and thumb and rotate 3/8 to1/2".

Clockwise or counterclockwise?

Bushguy, man, that's some great info. Almost like having pics! Er...if you get the urge, I'd still love to see the pics....if you're willing to take 'em that is.
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #79 of 91
Yup, counter-clockwise (I just edited that earlier post).
O.K., O.K. - one lazy pic............going deeper is self-explanatory as you remove the screws (fourth screw is "glared-out" in this pic.)
IMG_0090.jpg

Aug 8, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #81 of 91
Quote:

that's doing it the hard way ...not the easy way

What can I say, I like self-inflicted pain.
wink.gif
Reason I did it that way was because for the life of me, I couldn't get enough of a grip on that plastic ring to turn it.

Aug 8, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #82 of 91
What you did is far less perplexing than those who chose to remove the endcap to apply loctite, shallac (or whatever), to keep the screw tight as in the stated goal of this thread. .......simply bass ackwards. Why would anybody risk marring that endcap when all they have to do is remove some screws and apply the product of their choice to achieve long-term tightness.

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #83 of 91
(edit) didn't realize you were referring to taking the pads off first as "the hard way," I thought you were asking why not just remove the screw without removing the earcup...

Aug 9, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #84 of 91
Quote:

Yup, counter-clockwise (I just edited that earlier post).
O.K., O.K. - one lazy pic............going deeper is self-explanatory as you remove the screws (fourth screw is "glared-out" in this pic.)
IMG_0090.jpg

Nice pic! Now as Homer said....."MORE PLEASE!"
tongue.gif
Let's continue this journey of disassembling your Denons....for the good of the board of course.
wink.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #85 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice pic! Now as Homer said....."MORE PLEASE!"
tongue.gif
Let's continue this journey of disassembling your Denons....for the good of the board of course.
wink.gif

OK! Let's continue!

DSC01633.JPG

Aug 9, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #87 of 91
Well, I was hoping for a step at a time approach but hey, it's easy enough to use the imagination and I appreciate the effort and respect the GUTS to do that! Btw, could you take a close-up shot of the back of the drivers? Specifically, I'd like a peek at the headphone cable connections.

Aug 9, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #88 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I was hoping for a step at a time approach but hey, it's easy enough to use the imagination and I appreciate the effort and respect the GUTS to do that! Btw, could you take a close-up shot of the back of the drivers? Specifically, I'd like a peek at the headphone cable connections.

These pictures were made back when I just bought them and recable.

There is really nothing complicated. As soon as you take the pads everything very easy.

DSC01631.JPG

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #90 of 91
Hey,

The ear cup screw on my Denon AHD5000 headphones fell out. I know a lot of people were trying to find replacement screws and parts with not much joy. I have just found a supplier who makes spare parts for Denon and ordered in a few spares in case this happens again in the future.

Hope this helps some people out. :wink:

https://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/search.html?query=AHD5000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back