Denon AH-D5000 and AH-D2000 - Screws Coming Loose?
Jul 19, 2007 at 1:30 PM Post #46 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
help me (us) with how you popped the cap off???

They are glued with a sort of sticky glue, so just grab the cap with needle nose pliers and pull it up.

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #47 of 91
All the Denon headphones are designed in Japan and made in China. It's understandable, because it's very expensive to manufacture something in Japan but very cheap to do so in China. But IMO if you're gonna put out $700 (list price, anyway) headphones, you should go the extra mile and have them made in Japan, even if that means tagging another $50 onto the price. Generally speaking, products that are actually made in Japan are of very high construction quality. Unfortunately, most of those products never leave Japan.

But anyway, these days just about every electronic device has some of its parts or assembly done in China.

Jul 19, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #49 of 91
I just did mine up with some super glue...so far so good!

Jul 20, 2007 at 10:34 AM Post #50 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvs_75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just popped up little metal cover cups on mine and the right side was like it should but on the left side screw was loose so the hole cup could fell off any minute
Anyway,
All job where done in less then five minutes. I just put a tiny drop of Japanese Super glue inside of the nut (just to cover the thread) and screwed the nut back. When glue crystallizes it will lock the nut from unscrewing. Later if needs it can be unscrewed, then you need to clean the thread from glue and repeat the procedure again.
I used this method several times in my watches when a tiny metal screw needs to be locked!

Of course it’s annoying but I don’t see a big problem here!

The material they used in the headphones are good quality for the money and there no plastic in this HP which you can find in more expensive headphones.

Apparently they used some red sort of glue which they thought will work!
But it didn't!

I think as long as drivers are fine there are should be no big problems with the headphone!

I hope so!
smily_headphones1.gif

SO people don’t run from his HP!!!

Happy listening everybody!

Is it that 5mm cover that sits over the swivel? I just can't get it loose, it sits like a rock and I don't want to destroy the nice paint on the headphones. Maybe I can heat it up so the glue loosens up a bit? Please if someone has any idea I'd appreciate it
confused.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:46 PM Post #52 of 91
Jul 20, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #53 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvs_75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try to grab the cap and twist it.

http://usera.imagecave.com/vvs_75/DSC01925.JPG

http://usera.imagecave.com/vvs_75/DSC01927.JPG

Also you can try to do it with a knife.

http://usera.imagecave.com/vvs_75/DSC01923.JPG

Just press on the cap and try to pop it up.

The cap not a steel ! You can scratch the plated nickel!

I just scratched mine, not a big deal.

Good luck!

P.S. How you guys can upload big pictures?
I tried to do it through Manage Attachments and the file always too big
frown.gif

Like This!

DSC01925.JPG

DSC01927.JPG

DSC01923.JPG

Click on the "Insert Image" icon (the ywllow square with the mountain and sun), then page the image location onto the dialog box.

Jul 21, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #55 of 91
By the way, my amateur super glue job is doing the trick quite well so far.

Can't wait to hear from people who buy the latest round of Denon's after the factory backorder is cleared...wondering if Denon decided to fix the screw problem. If they did, pair number 2 will be on order shortly!

Jul 28, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #57 of 91
WHOA NELLIE!!!!

The screw just snapped in half and the left earphone just fell in my lap!

Will keep you posted as this menagerie develops!

Jul 28, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #58 of 91
Ok, a bit of a knee-jerk overreaction.

The earphone did fall off, but the screw did not snap in half. I finally got the back cap off as shown in the picture and was able to tighten it up using the tweezers in a swiss army knife.

Added a drop of super glue to the threads and cinched everything up again.

Loving these Denon's sure isn't easy, but the sound is worth it.

Jul 28, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #59 of 91
To tighten the screw IF it is loose --
Is the screw-head on the TOP or the BOTTOM of the screw in the pics?
I can't see to tell.

Jul 28, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #60 of 91
The nut is on top...the phillips screw is on the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back