Denon AH-C710 Review Thread
Jan 16, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #287 of 325
I was looking for a replacement for my Sennheiser CX300s, so I got these (the C710s) because the reviews were pretty positive and it was in my price range. I listen primarily to rock and metal, but I do love techno/electronic as well.

The treble on mine are piercingly strong, like it sticks out and stabs my ear whenever a cymbal is hit. It's the same for a lot of vocals and guitar riffs, which makes it hard to listen to and obscures the mids and bass which these earbuds specialize in (according to the review). I've tried burning them in for a while, but to no avail. Is there something wrong with my earbuds? Is this just how they are? I'd imagine with treble this piercing there'd be complains in the reviews, after all. I've tried amping it and using different sources but that hasn't changed it.

On electronic songs it sounds great, though. They don't seem to have as much of the high treble, and mostly mid/bass, so they sound amazing. It's just most of my music is metal and rock, and they all have a lot of highs.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #288 of 325
How long have you burned them in for? Mine took maybe 150-200 hours for the treble to settle down. And how loud do you listen to them, as in my experience, at louder volumes, the treble can get worse in quality.

Jan 16, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #289 of 325
I've burned them in somewhere between 50 and 100 hours so far. The thing worrying me is that it hasn't changed much this whole time, will it change suddenly after 150 hours?

I listen to it relatively loud, I suppose.

Jan 16, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #290 of 325
I don't know exactly when, but at some point the treble did mellow a lot. Also, when I did think there was too much treble, I wore them with the cables over my ears, which helped (but didn't make a difference once the treble subsided).

And I have no idea how they perform at loud volumes, so that could also be a large factor.

Jan 16, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #291 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by New2TheScene /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was hoping to get some advice picking between the C751, c710 and C551K. I can get them for $100, $80, $55, respectively.

My biggest criteria is comfort. A close second is sound quality.

After trying a mid-level Shure in ear a number of years ago, I pretty much wrote off IEMs. To me, they were uncomfortable, wouldn't seal, and kept falling out. So I've stuck to using proper headphones at home, and traditional earbuds and/ clip-ons on the go. There are however times, where I would like the isolation and portability of an canal phone. I recently picked up a Sony noise canceling canal earphone as a beater for traveling. It fit much better. Most impartantly, I didnt' have to push the earphone tool far into my ear canal for it to stay in and when in, it didn't feel like a such cup attached to my eardrum.

From what I've read, it seems like the Denon's are reasonably comfortable, and share some of the fit characteristics of the Sony's. Is that true?

If so, I'd really appreciate an opinion on how these three phones rank in terms of comfort.

Secondly, I have too many mediocre headphones/earphones collecting dust. If I take the plunge, I want to get a good sounding set of phones. I really value detail and resolution. I like neutral sounding phones, but have limited my expectations on that front with these IEMs. So, do the C751's sound the best (as Denon's highest prices earphone), or are the C710's better since they're newer and use slightly different housing and driver technology. And what about the 551K's? Basically, in this case, I'd really appreciate both a ranking and some comments about differences.

I've read through a lot of this thread a well as the C700 review thread, but have been unable to get a consolidated opinion. I'd like to thank all those who take their time to reply to my question.

Anyone???

I know I was a bit long winded. Sorry about that. Basically, it boils down to:
1. Is the C710 more comfortable to wear than the C700/751? If so, is the C751 uncomfortable?
2. Which (c710 or C751) has a more detailed sound (i.e. better resolution and instrument seperation)?
3. Which (c710 or C751) has smoother (less fatiguing) treble?

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #293 of 325
hi, this is my first post on any forum! so i apologise if my post is not in the correct place or other.

I currently have Shure E3s and looking to upgrade sound while keeping the same level of isolation, i hear that the Denons AH-710s are not as got at isolation! i wondered if anyone had tryed the with Comply Tx-400 tips Comply™ Foam Replacement Tips/Earbuds for Denon AH-C710

if so does it compare to the shures?

Any other isolation headphone suggestion welcome that may make it equal to the shures. ps i like the cable up design!

My budget is ~£150

looking forward to reply
thanks

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #294 of 325
Hi all
atsmile.gif

This is my first post on any forum! so i apologise if my post is not in the correct place or other.

I currently have Shure E3s and looking to upgrade sound while keeping the same level of isolation, i hear that the Denons AH-710s are not as got at isolation! i wondered if anyone had tryed the with Comply Tx-400 tips Comply™ Foam Replacement Tips/Earbuds for Denon AH-C710

if so does it compare to the shures?

Any other isolation headphone suggestion welcome that may make it equal to the shures. ps i like the cable up design!

My budget is ~£150

looking forward to reply
thanks

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #296 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Comet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking for a replacement for my Sennheiser CX300s, so I got these (the C710s) because the reviews were pretty positive and it was in my price range. I listen primarily to rock and metal, but I do love techno/electronic as well.

The treble on mine are piercingly strong, like it sticks out and stabs my ear whenever a cymbal is hit. It's the same for a lot of vocals and guitar riffs, which makes it hard to listen to and obscures the mids and bass which these earbuds specialize in (according to the review). I've tried burning them in for a while, but to no avail. Is there something wrong with my earbuds? Is this just how they are? I'd imagine with treble this piercing there'd be complains in the reviews, after all. I've tried amping it and using different sources but that hasn't changed it.

Actually even after apprx. 150hrs, mine still has harsh treble
confused_face.gif
. The situation luckily changed after I switch to the old silicon tips of my ep630. Less isolation, a bit more "dirty", but sweet and smooth treble
tongue.gif
I don't know that tips can affect the sound this much. Some people mentioned about Skullcandy's tips, maybe you should also try out tips from Sony or Senn. G.luck.

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #297 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nothing will make it isolate like the shures

if lots of iso is important you may like to look into the klipsch custom 3

thanx for the quick reply

Unfortunately i can only find 1 location for the custom 3s at the £150 mark and its out of stock! the other sites are £299 but most sites seen to only sell custom 1s & 2s, i wonder if they have been discontinued
confused_face_2.gif

how would shure se310s compare to custom 3?

or would custom 2s be better than 310s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back