Denon AH-C710 Review Thread
Nov 6, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #271 of 325
I am having a hard time deciding between the c710 or the AT CK90. CK90 cost about 50 bucks more, but i'm not sure if its worth it. There is lots of praise for the c710 already.

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #272 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitor Teixeira /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Emailed them about the discount, but it seems they're not open to any exception
frown.gif

with the 40% off i'll maybe give it a try, but 140£ is like 160€ and im not in the time to spend more than 80, 90€..
maybe someone here in the thread consider selling? Mark?
tongue_smile.gif
happy_face1.gif

me???

no

honestly ive not spent enough time with them to be sure id be happy not having them but should i deicide to get rid of them ill give you first refusal. its just not verly likely though as im not really a seller of things

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #273 of 325
i want to buy the AH-C710 to use them with my ipod touch 2g. i listen to trance (armin van buuren, ferry corsten, roger shah etc.), house and pop (tv and radio commercial music
biggrin.gif
). are these a wise choice? thx a lot.

Dec 29, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #275 of 325
for trance and stuff of that ilk they are probably a reasonable choice but id think the C751 are better suited to it being that they are less warm in their bass presentation. the 751 are cold and punchy were the 710 are more expansive and slightly softer.

either should suit your purposes well

Dec 29, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #278 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by bogdan03ady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my country, the C751 are 280$ and the C710 are 200$. So, it's a 80$ difference. Is it worth it?

argh!! where on earth are you!! thats steep, very very steep.

hit the for sale forums here im sure i saw some 751 the other day or try AMP3, they had the 751 for £80 plus a cupon for 20% off ten youd get 15% VAT off too and they will ship world wide

Advanced MP3 Players - the MP3 player experts

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #279 of 325
Romania
redface.gif
i know i know...

Thanks for that website, but the C751's are out of stock. still they have the C710 which are £139.00.

LE: but i found this
just £60, seems too cheap. could they be fake? i got a friend in the uk who could send them.

Dec 29, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #280 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by bogdan03ady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Romania
redface.gif
i know i know...

Thanks for that website, but the C751's are out of stock. still they have the C710 which are £139.00.

LE: but i found this
just £60, seems too cheap. could they be fake? i got a friend in the uk who could send them.

£60 sounds right. In Japan C7510 was around USD$120 in the end of Nov, now it's officially discontinued, all gone.
Just for reference, official price from Denon Japan on-line shop, C710 - 14, 800 Japanese Dollar; C700 - 9, 980 Japanese Dollar

Dec 31, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #282 of 325
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for trance and stuff of that ilk they are probably a reasonable choice but id think the C751 are better suited to it being that they are less warm in their bass presentation. the 751 are cold and punchy were the 710 are more expansive and slightly softer.

either should suit your purposes well

Personally, I think the expansiveness of the C710 would definitely give it the nod for me with trance, as trance can have some great expansiveness that many IEMs fail to present. And IMO the 710 isn't soft!

But maybe compared to the C751, as I have not heard that IEM.

Dec 31, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #284 of 325
Anyone want to send me one to audition? I would love to hear many more IEMs like so many people on here, but I just don't have it in my current budget! I am lucky enough that another member sent me a RE0 and M5 to try, so now I know what the RE0 is all about. Someday I guess I will hear the C751, but I do prefer warm and smooth over cold, so not sure I want to purchase.

Jan 15, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #285 of 325
I was hoping to get some advice picking between the C751, c710 and C551K. I can get them for $100, $80, $55, respectively.

My biggest criteria is comfort. A close second is sound quality.

After trying a mid-level Shure in ear a number of years ago, I pretty much wrote off IEMs. To me, they were uncomfortable, wouldn't seal, and kept falling out. So I've stuck to using proper headphones at home, and traditional earbuds and/ clip-ons on the go. There are however times, where I would like the isolation and portability of an canal phone. I recently picked up a Sony noise canceling canal earphone as a beater for traveling. It fit much better. Most impartantly, I didnt' have to push the earphone tool far into my ear canal for it to stay in and when in, it didn't feel like a such cup attached to my eardrum.

From what I've read, it seems like the Denon's are reasonably comfortable, and share some of the fit characteristics of the Sony's. Is that true?

If so, I'd really appreciate an opinion on how these three phones rank in terms of comfort.

Secondly, I have too many mediocre headphones/earphones collecting dust. If I take the plunge, I want to get a good sounding set of phones. I really value detail and resolution. I like neutral sounding phones, but have limited my expectations on that front with these IEMs. So, do the C751's sound the best (as Denon's highest prices earphone), or are the C710's better since they're newer and use slightly different housing and driver technology. And what about the 551K's? Basically, in this case, I'd really appreciate both a ranking and some comments about differences.

I've read through a lot of this thread a well as the C700 review thread, but have been unable to get a consolidated opinion. I'd like to thank all those who take their time to reply to my question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back