Denon AH-C700 or Denon AH-C751...Whats the Difference & Which One Should I Get?
Jan 19, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, $143.75 is a really good deal - especially as I think that's the price of the C700's on Amazon now.

Here are the photos - I took them on the touchpad so you could get an idea of the size of it.

I don't know what the meshy thing's for - silicon tips?

case2.jpg

case1.jpg

I appreciate you posting these pictures, soozieq!

Concerning Focuscamera.com, I'm pretty sure the website is legit. I've read customer reviews concerning their website on Shopping.com. Overall, the majority of the 690 customers who reviewed the site was pleased with their orders. The site received a 4/5 stars.

Anyway, I'll purchase the AH-C751s through them and see what happens. If all goes well, I'll report back to ya'll!
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #17 of 20
That case looks just like the case that came with my Mylars, cept the mylars have a nicer looking red hard shell.

I'm cool on the extension cable, My Sony NW-Swhatever had headphones like that, I could live without it.

I just got my C700s today, gift. I'll head on over to the impressions thread later on.

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #19 of 20
I find the weight of the jack just under my neck on the 751 causes the phones to fall out of my ears. Sound quality is the same to me, but I do alot of running etc with them, and I have to attach the 751s to my shirt with a safety pin so they don't fall out.

Aug 2, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #20 of 20
The AH C751's have a different sound quality than the C700's, but the extender cord reduces the quality of the 751's. Without the extender, I've gotten lower lows, higher highs, and more balanced mids. With the extender, the lows, highs, and mids sound flatter. It's extremely difficult to use the headphones without the extender, so it's almost a moot issue in deciding which headphone to pick, but that's the way it is. As some people have noted, the highs are extremely sharp on the 751's, almost painfully so, in some cases. Without the extender, the bass is thick and rumbling, sounds great. You get that "boom" that some people say that the 751's don't really have. I wish Denon had made the extender with the same materials that they had used to make the original cord, but it doesn't seem like they did. All in all, the 700 may make more sense to purchase, as even though the 751's sound better without the extender, they end up sounding the same with it, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back