Denon AH-C700 or Denon AH-C751...Whats the Difference & Which One Should I Get?
Jan 19, 2008 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
Thanx.

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #3 of 20
^lol

I think the 751 is basically the 700 with added accessories like a bag and extra tips or something. As for the actual headphones I think they're exactly the same. I'd wait for a second opinion though since I'm a n00000b.

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty basic math.

751, its bigger.

-Pony

I don't know if that comment was meant to be a joke, but that sounded very naive.
Anyways, the c751 and the c700 are supposedly the same, except that the c751 has a carrying case and an extension cord that the c700 lacks.
People who have used both seem to regard them the same.

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if that comment was meant to be a joke, but that sounded very naive.
Anyways, the c751 and the c700 are supposedly the same, except that the c751 has a carrying case and an extension cord that the c700 lacks.

Correct. I just received my C751 yesterday as I wanted an extra pair with the shorter cable. They are exactly the same headphone - but with a case and the extension cable.

Also, they cost a LOT more than the C700, so unless it's an absolute necessity to have a shorter cable - the C700 would represent much better value.

Jan 19, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #6 of 20
Thanx for the advice.

Okay I am thinking about getting the black C700 but how does the C700 compare the Audio Technica CK7???

I have the CK7's & love them alot. Great canalphones!

If i was to purchase the C700 am i purchasing a better sounding earphones than the CK7?

Also would the Ultimate Ears Bi Flange tips fit the C700?

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #7 of 20
Here's a question for the Denon AH-C751 owners in this thread: Is the quality of the case supplied for the AH-C51s good? I'll be purchasing the Denons in a few days and was wondering which "version" to get. I really want a case for them, but I don't if it would be worthwhile to spend $10-$20 or so more for the accessories.

Any help would be appreciated!
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by White|Stripes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a question for the Denon AH-C751 owners in this thread: Is the quality of the case supplied for the AH-C51s good? I'll be purchasing the Denons in a few days and was wondering which "version" to get. I really want a case for them, but I don't if it would be worthwhile to spend $10-$20 or so more for the accessories. Any help would be appreciated!
biggrin.gif

It's small with a mesh net thingy in it (!). As I'm not using the extension cable I can fit them in fine. But I'm sure I'd have a struggle with the extension lead as well. I guess if it's only $10 more (and you don't already have a case) it might be worth it.

I can take a photo if you like?

Last time I looked on Amazon there was a difference of $60 between them - where did you see only a $10/$20 difference?

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's small with a mesh net thingy in it (!). As I'm not using the extension cable I can fit them in fine. But I'm sure I'd have a struggle with the extension lead as well. I guess if it's only $10 more (and you don't already have a case) it might be worth it.

I can take a photo if you like?

Last time I looked on Amazon there was a difference of $60 between them - where did you see only a $10/$20 difference?

I would very much appreciate a photo if you don't mind! And, no, I don't have a case...so I'm looking around trying to find one. I need to protect the investment!

Anyway, the AH-C751s (both black and silver) are only $143.75 (plus S&H) at Focuscamera.com. Pretty good deal, huh?

Jan 19, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #10 of 20
Yes, $143.75 is a really good deal - especially as I think that's the price of the C700's on Amazon now.

Here are the photos - I took them on the touchpad so you could get an idea of the size of it.

I don't know what the meshy thing's for - silicon tips?

case2.jpg

case1.jpg

Jan 19, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Kaotic~ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ are both C700 and C751 have symmetrical cord? or is it Asymmetrical?

or C700 is different from C751? since 1 is long cord and 1 is short cord+ ext.

They're both symmetrical - unlike most Sony headphones or the Sennheiser CX300. Although the C751 has an extension cable - it's still symmetrical.

Jan 19, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #13 of 20
Focuscamera.com has one of those gray market names, though they look pretty legit based on their website. There is one Google Groups complaint about them (see below), and it follows the same path as many of those types of sites (not listed as out of stock, then cancel the order, then the price is higher or they try to sell you a higher priced item. Sometimes, and this has happened to me on other of these sites, they call you and try and sell you other stuff, etc.).

Here's the complaint, and it is only one...just seems way too low a price to be true.

focuscamera.com sucks - rec.photo | Google Groups

Jan 19, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Focuscamera.com has one of those gray market names, though they look pretty legit based on their website.

Did you notice they're selling the older model (the black C700) for $179? That's $36 more than the newer model?? I'm surprised at the pricing - as far back as I can remember, the C751 was always more expensive.

Jan 19, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #15 of 20
Very odd. I would wager they don't have the 751s in stock, and will try to sell you the C700s instead. Just a hunch. Let's see if anyone makes a purchase for the 751s. I would stay away, but who knows? Maybe it's completely legit, though is seems illogical - selling the older model for more $$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back