Denon AH-7200
Jul 17, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #1,111 of 3,156
Скажите, пожалуйста, в каком направлении обратиться, чтобы снять подушки?

Я еще не снимал, но вроде довольно просто - просто аккуратно стягивай их с наушника в сторону где обычно голова и увидишь как они снимаются. Когда мне придут подушки от ZMF - попробую сам.

EDIT: возможно все не так просто, посмотри тут про предыдущую модель.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #1,112 of 3,156
Спасибо огромное! Где купить подушки?

Jul 17, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #1,113 of 3,156
Первые впечатления, вроде домашних тапочек! Все очень ясно! Я счастлив!

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #1,114 of 3,156
Я еще не снимал, но вроде довольно просто - просто аккуратно стягивай их с наушника в сторону где обычно голова и увидишь как они снимаются. Когда мне придут подушки от ZMF - попробую сам.

EDIT: возможно все не так просто, посмотри тут про предыдущую модель.

Я сделал это с Декони. Да, чтобы вы осторожно вытащили из стороны. Чтобы положить дальше, вы начинаете с одной стороны и снимаете ткань пэда и сдвигаете его между наушниками и пластиковым кольцом. И ты поработаешь.

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #1,115 of 3,156
Jul 18, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #1,116 of 3,156
So I finally got my pair a few days ago. I'm upgrading from a Denon D2000. The D2000 were great but I initially found them a little too bright, so I tamed them with a Matrix M-Stage (original version) with a Burr Brown OPA627 biasing mod. This added some much needed warmth to these headphones and with a little extra burn in time, the full lushness and liquidity came out. I also paired them with a HiFimeDIY Sabre ES9023 DAC, which was just an all-around improvement from my onboard sound. It's also what I'm currently using with the D7200.

Based on everyone's descriptions here, the D7200 were a more neutral headphone so I decided to also order an Asgard 2 to pair them with, which turned out to be a good decision. But I will give my impressions of the D7200 with both amps. The D7200 were delivered a few days before the Asgard so I was able to get a good amount of time with them on the M-Stage.

D7200 & Matrix M-Stage with the Burr-Brown OPA627 mod: Oh boy, let's just say I was a little pissed when I put on EDM/Industrial-electro. The highs were not as detailed as the D2000 were and there was a certain muddiness to it. The veil on these cans didn't mix well at all with the warmth of this amp, and everything just sounded muted. I was disappointed even though I was kinda expecting this with this amp...until I heard the bass. There is some SERIOUS bass texturing and extension to these. It's the difference between feeling a dynamite explosion in normal time, and experiencing it in slow motion, feeling all the little bumps, booms, and shifts in pressure as it propagates. The mid range is definitely a little more present and detailed than the D2000. Eventually with careful listening I was able to point out why the highs felt muddy: there is just much more resolution on the peaks of the electronic synths that, combined with the smoothing warmth of the M-Stage, they end up loosing that texture. It's like the ease in which you can sand a rough surface to be smooth, but might have trouble with a lumpier surface. The D2000 sound is more lumpy at the peaks and thus plays well with this amp. On another note, the issue with the highs definitely got better with more hours put in to these. The highs were almost pleasant during the last hours I spent on this amp.

Schiit Asgard 2: I didn't have high hopes since I was afraid that this amp was just overrated due the popularity of Schiit, but I'm honestly impressed. This amp resolved all the issues with the M-Stage, and seriously improved the power of the bass while keeping almost all of the texture and detail. The highs are crystal clear without being fatiguing and the mids are slightly more detailed and front and center. There is something missing from here that the M-Stage had in the low end, maybe just a slight amount of that magical texture, but it might just be getting masked by the strength of the bass now. It might also be the fun coloring that the M-Stage tends to add. Either way, I'm likely using the Asgard from now on but I'm not getting rid of the M-Stage, since it's such a unique sound and the original is getting harder to find. I might try it again in a few days and give a second impression, now that the D7200 has had more burn in time.

Jul 27, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #1,117 of 3,156
All I know is I've tried to purchase these headphones from a couple of people within the last week from members of head-fi and they both decided to keep them after listing them for sale. Both members have expressed that the headphones opened after various listening sessions and are worth holding to. What they sound like after "burn-in" must be a big improvement.

I'd be really interested in hearing from current owners of this headphone on what they are hearing after putting some hours in on the D7200. What sound changes or improvements has there been since their very first listening session.

I think i've reached the final sound of the 7200... I needed about 200 hours before getting to the top

More bass control more definition... Now they are really good.

Different from my he6 ... But same overall leve of sound quality...

Jul 27, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #1,118 of 3,156
About kimber cable... They are crazy... A cable more costly than the headphones !

Suggestion buy desired lenght x 4.5 of neotech upocc copper awg26 solid core or juppiter awg26 cryo.

Braid them add oyaide or viablue 3.5 mm jacks

And neutrick xlr4pin (balanced)

Or unbalanced neutrick 6.3 or furitech 6.3mm

Use wbt solder

If you aren't able to solder ... Probably you con pay someone to solder them... With 40-60 euro material you will have a wonderful cable

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #1,119 of 3,156
Jul 28, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #1,120 of 3,156
So I finally got my pair a few days ago. I'm upgrading from a Denon D2000. The D2000 were great but I initially found them a little too bright, so I tamed them with a Matrix M-Stage (original version) with a Burr Brown OPA627 biasing mod. This added some much needed warmth to these headphones and with a little extra burn in time, the full lushness and liquidity came out. I also paired them with a HiFimeDIY Sabre ES9023 DAC, which was just an all-around improvement from my onboard sound. It's also what I'm currently using with the D7200.

Based on everyone's descriptions here, the D7200 were a more neutral headphone so I decided to also order an Asgard 2 to pair them with, which turned out to be a good decision. But I will give my impressions of the D7200 with both amps. The D7200 were delivered a few days before the Asgard so I was able to get a good amount of time with them on the M-Stage.

D7200 & Matrix M-Stage with the Burr-Brown OPA627 mod: Oh boy, let's just say I was a little pissed when I put on EDM/Industrial-electro. The highs were not as detailed as the D2000 were and there was a certain muddiness to it. The veil on these cans didn't mix well at all with the warmth of this amp, and everything just sounded muted. I was disappointed even though I was kinda expecting this with this amp...until I heard the bass. There is some SERIOUS bass texturing and extension to these. It's the difference between feeling a dynamite explosion in normal time, and experiencing it in slow motion, feeling all the little bumps, booms, and shifts in pressure as it propagates. The mid range is definitely a little more present and detailed than the D2000. Eventually with careful listening I was able to point out why the highs felt muddy: there is just much more resolution on the peaks of the electronic synths that, combined with the smoothing warmth of the M-Stage, they end up loosing that texture. It's like the ease in which you can sand a rough surface to be smooth, but might have trouble with a lumpier surface. The D2000 sound is more lumpy at the peaks and thus plays well with this amp. On another note, the issue with the highs definitely got better with more hours put in to these. The highs were almost pleasant during the last hours I spent on this amp.

Schiit Asgard 2: I didn't have high hopes since I was afraid that this amp was just overrated due the popularity of Schiit, but I'm honestly impressed. This amp resolved all the issues with the M-Stage, and seriously improved the power of the bass while keeping almost all of the texture and detail. The highs are crystal clear without being fatiguing and the mids are slightly more detailed and front and center. There is something missing from here that the M-Stage had in the low end, maybe just a slight amount of that magical texture, but it might just be getting masked by the strength of the bass now. It might also be the fun coloring that the M-Stage tends to add. Either way, I'm likely using the Asgard from now on but I'm not getting rid of the M-Stage, since it's such a unique sound and the original is getting harder to find. I might try it again in a few days and give a second impression, now that the D7200 has had more burn in time.
Recently I'm very interested in D7200, so thanks for the review. :)

Aug 6, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #1,122 of 3,156
Hi there!

I would like to share my experience with the Denon AH-D7200. I have been looking for a good closed headphone for a while, which I can use with an amplifier at home, but also on the go with a DAP (Opus#1).

Experience
Meanwhile I have already had many headphones, including Beyerdynamic DT770PRO, B&W P5/P7 Wireless, NAD HP50, PSB M4U2, Sennheiser HD650 /HD800, HiFiMAN HE400i, Meze Classics 99 (the last one is really fun)

Positive reviews
Based on all the positive reviews, I bought an AH-D7200 for a nice price in UK (GBP 499) and it seemed to me useful to share my experience with others who have one or consider buying one.

Conclusion
Let me start with the conclusion: for me personally this is the first closed headphone that plays virtually all genres music (classical/jazz/acoustic/pop/indie) in an impressive way. But ... this headphone is extremely sensitive to the correct amplifier. Much more than other headphones!

Sound (first impression with Opus#1)
I started connecting to my DAP, the Opus#1. The sound signature is pretty flat with a slightly reinforced bass (not very much so not suitable for bassheads). The bass is well balanced and all my taste. The high's are spot on and I hear enough micro details and space. But the mids were disappointing. The sound is thin and there was a certain hardness in the midhigh that irritated me. So a disappointment!

Other sources
I was astonished at the promising reviews and thought, did I do something wrong? Then I started using other amplifiers and sources. First of all, the Hegel H160's headphone output: better, but no width and depth. The AudioQuest DragonFly: better, but not enough control. My La Figaro 339 with different tubes: much better, but still a slight hardness in the midhigh on some tracks. This combination plays 90% very well.

What to do now?
I did not want to give up because I heard many things that appeal to me: low, high, space, microdetails. Then I realized that I had a Gustard H10 in the cabinet. I have dusted and connected the amplifier. It's a Class A so after a quarter of a minute I've connected the Denon. Wow! Do not ask me how it works, but the H10 is a great match with the AH-D2000.

Sound (with Gustard H10)

Where the Denon is not as detailed as an HD800 but not as fun as the Meze 99 Classics, it was a "just no" headphone. But with the H10 it sounds great. What's so amazing? The H10 gives body to low and mids. It does not sound thin anymore, everything has the right size but also sounds natural. Control on the bass increases dramatically. The high is somewhat smoother but also natural. Everything sounds "analog" now. Also the width of the stereo image is just right. Male and female voices are so nice. I played tracks from José James, Sara K., Eva Cassidy, Diana Krall, Gregory Porter, etc. Especially piano's sound so natural (Jef Neve & José James – For All We Know and José James - Yesterday I Had The Blues: The Music Of Billie Holiday). Yes, I am a fan of José James :)

Finally
My personal experience is that you must match the Denon with a relatively warm and powerfull source/amp. Class A amps seem the way to go. My Opus#1 I'm going to sell, and I've bought a warmer sounding Cayin i5. In addition, I have plans for finetuning with cables, Burson opamps, etc. Because the used equipment used makes the difference, I'll mention the configuration that suits me: Denon AH-D7200, Gustard H10, Opus#1 line-out, QED Performance J2P Graphite cable.

If you have experience or tips to optimize the sound, I would like to hear that!

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #1,123 of 3,156
Hi there!

I would like to share my experience with the Denon AH-D7200. I have been looking for a good closed headphone for a while, which I can use at home with an amplifier at home, but also on the go with a DAP (Opus#1).

Experience
Meanwhile I have already had many headphones, including Beyerdynamic DT770PRO, B&W P5/P7 Wireless, NAD HP50, PSB M4U2, Sennheiser HD650 /HD800, HiFiMAN HE400i, Meze Classics 99 (the last one is really fun)

Positive reviews
Based on all the positive reviews, I bought an AH-D7200 for a nice price in UK (GBP 499) and it seemed to me useful to share my experience with others who have one or consider buying one.

Conclusion
Let me start with the conclusion: for me personally this is the first closed headphone that plays virtually all genres music (classical/jazz/acoustic/pop/indie) in an impressive way. But ... this headphone is extremely sensitive to the correct amplifier. Much more than other headphones!

Sound (first impression with Opus#1)
I started connecting to my DAP, the Opus#1. The sound signature is pretty flat with a slightly reinforced bass (not very much so not suitable for bassheads). The bass is well balanced and all my taste. The high's are spot on and I hear enough micro details and space. But the mids were disappointing. The sound is thin and there was a certain hardness in the midhigh that irritated me. So a disappointment!

Other sources
I was astonished at the promising reviews and thought, did I do something wrong? Then I started using other amplifiers and sources. First of all, the Hegel H160's headphone output: better, but no width and depth. The AudioQuest DragonFly: better, but not enough control. My La Figaro 339 with different tubes: much better, but still a slight hardness in the midhigh on some tracks. This combination plays 90% very well.

What to do now?
I did not want to give up because I heard many things that appeal to me: low, high, space, microdetails. Then I realized that I had a Gustard H10 in the cabinet. I have dusted and connected the amplifier. It's a Class A so after a quarter of a minute I've connected the Denon. Wow! Do not ask me how it works, but the H10 is a great match with the AH-D2000.

Sound (with Gustard H10)

Where the Denon is not as detailed as an HD800 but not as fun as the Meze 99 Classics, it was a "just no" headphone. But with the H10 it sounds great. What's so amazing? The H10 gives body to low and middle. It does not sound thin anymore, everything has weight but sounds natural. Control on the bass increases dramatically. The high is somewhat smoother but also natural. Everything sounds "analog" now. Also the width of the stereo image is just right. Male and female voices are so nice. I played tracks from José James, Sara K., Eva Cassidy, Diana Krall, Gregory Porter, etc. Especially piano's sound so natural (Jef Neve & José James – For All We Know and José James - Yesterday I Had The Blues: The Music Of Billie Holiday). Yes, I am a fan of José James :)

Finally
My personal experience is that you must combine the Denon with a relatively warm and powerfull source/amp. Class A amps seem the way to go. My Opus#1 I'm going to sell, and I've bought a warmer sounding Cayin i5. In addition, I have plans for finetuning with cables, Burson opamps, etc. Because the used equipment used makes the difference, I'll mention the configuration that suits me: Denon AH-D7200, Gustard H10, Opus#1 line-out, QED Performance J2P Graphite cable.

If you have experience or tips to optimize the sound, I would like to hear that!
Simple, get a TH900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back