Denon AH-7200
Jul 10, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #1,097 of 3,156
Well, I must agree, given the history between Fostex and Denon it makes a lot of sense to compare their flagships, I'll try to find some to listen to when I visit London.

On a sidenote - ordered a pair of ZMF Ori pads on massdrop. Will test them out once they get here sometime in September.

Jul 13, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #1,099 of 3,156
All I know is I've tried to purchase these headphones from a couple of people within the last week from members of head-fi and they both decided to keep them after listing them for sale. Both members have expressed that the headphones opened after various listening sessions and are worth holding to. What they sound like after "burn-in" must be a big improvement.

I'd be really interested in hearing from current owners of this headphone on what they are hearing after putting some hours in on the D7200. What sound changes or improvements has there been since their very first listening session.

Jul 13, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #1,100 of 3,156
Hello,
Anyone else have more impressions on this beautiful headphone?

Have you had a chance to read through the 70 pages in this thread? Lots of good stuff like pad recommendations, shorter cables for mobile/mic use, burn-in talk (very much needed), etc.

Took me a weekend to do so though :beyersmile: but I wanted to :thumbsup: the people who took the time to contribute even if they were in the earlier pages.

Jul 13, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #1,101 of 3,156
All I know is I've tried to purchase these headphones from a couple of people within the last week from members of head-fi and they both decided to keep them after listing them for sale. Both members have expressed that the headphones opened after various listening sessions and are worth holding to. What they sound like after "burn-in" must be a big improvement.

I'd be really interested in hearing from current owners of this headphone on what they are hearing after putting some hours in on the D7200. What sound changes or improvements has there been since their very first listening session.

Yes it's recommended plus some pad changes recommended by others here to fully bring out the sound. I got it for $700 Canadian in Amazon.ca. From what I understand that's cheaper than in the US.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B06XBZVRYP/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best of luck!

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #1,102 of 3,156
Jul 14, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #1,103 of 3,156
for people out there who looking some cable for d7200
denon.jpg

https://axios.kimber.com/configure/

Jul 14, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #1,106 of 3,156
if i'm not mistaken, some people complaint the d7200's cable was really bad perhaps those cable might solve the problem

Jul 15, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #1,107 of 3,156
Hello,
Anyone else have more impressions on this beautiful headphone?

I have the D7200 since almost a month now, and I've been listening to them daily.

Recently I've done the opposite of some other people on this thread, i.e. yesterday I've compared to a never listened before TH-900 mk2, and with no surprise (since I was used to the Denons) I have found the TH-900 too boomy and excessive in the bass and too hot (really too hot) in the highs, with an unnatural detail retrieval.

That said (so things are put in context) I can say that the D7200 are one of the funniest and musical engaging headphones I have heard, but without being artificial.
Bass are extended, tight, powerful but not unnatural.
Highs are detailed and airy but without being harsh or excessive. I'm unfortunately very sensitive to peaky/harsh highs, and these cans have just the perfect highs for my ears.
Detail is good, and again is a natural detail, given by the highly resolving drivers rather than with hot highs.

I typically listen with a custom 2A3 or a 300B (highly customized, with a very high anodic load so that to loose the typical "tubey" sound but maintain all the good tube sound characteristics), and the Denons seems to like this kind of amplification.

At the price point of these cans, I don't see any competitor for the way I like to listen to my preferred music (acoustic jazz and trance/trip-hop). And even at 2x the price.

just my 2c, and YMMV of course.

Jul 15, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #1,108 of 3,156
Well it definitely seems to be that case that people tend to like what they are used to. You are used to the D7200, so the TH-900 was too hot and with too much bass, I was used to the TH-900 so the D7200 seemed muddled and less refined.

The brain-burn-in is real it seems.

Jul 17, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #1,110 of 3,156
Скажите, пожалуйста, в каком направлении обратиться, чтобы снять подушки?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back