denon adh2000: how to spot a fake
Sep 15, 2011 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

sinphase

100+ Head-Fier
Hello. 

I want to buy the denon adh2000's. I saw an ad for used ones for $160. The seller and I have agreed to meet in person for the trade. At that price they're a total steal so I'm a bit skeptical. The seller's got about 11 good reviews but I still want to know how to tell if they're fake or not. 

Thank you! 

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 19
I wouldn't say that this is a "must be fake"-price as they've gone for around 200 via JR (if you call them) for quite some time (or for many times perhaps, i don't live in the US so i don't buy from JR, but i've seen it here alot of times.)

Also - Mal, are there even fakes of the D2000? If there are, anything here on head-fi about them? I'm very intrested in seeing fakes. It's interesting!

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #5 of 19
Go to local audio store and have good listening session.

That's what I do, I go to Bay Bloor Radio here in Toronto (Canada) and spend few hours and order online if price is better.

I doubt there is a fake AH-D2000, I don't even think there is a fake AH-D7000 in North America.

By the way, where is your location ?

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #10 of 19

Quote:
^ but then we would be assuming that fakes dont do that, which might be incorrect.

If a fake can do it, then it's a D2000 for cheaper. Good deal.

bigsmile_face.gif

Very best,

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #13 of 19

Quote:
But maybe such fake has terrible highs or something else wrong.

Ive tried fake V6 (or so they say they were fake) and coulnt pick the original judging by sound only *yikes*

I totally get what you're saying, I'm just also pointing out, if the fake sounds like the real deal, then... what's the difference? Especially if one paid less for what it normally would cost for that same sound. A fake D2000 would be a very disheartening thing, but I don't think it's out there. I think the pads, shell and cord would be dead give away's. Also, I think the cost of replicating a D2000 enough to pass as one, fakely, would likely cost an amount would be prohibitive to try and even fake. It's not a solid plastic shell after all (Beats, etc) that is modular. It's got moving parts, screws, etc, not clip-together.

Very best,

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #14 of 19
$160 isn't such a strange price considering how long they have been out, the deals that are offered some times, and that A LOT of online dealers sell them well below MSRP.

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #15 of 19

Quote:
$160 isn't such a strange price considering how long they have been out, the deals that are offered some times, and that A LOT of online dealers sell them well below MSRP.

Eh, used D2000's usually go for around $200. Lowest I've seen new was $219 (as that's where I got my pair a while back).

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back