DENAFRIPS Terminator: the King of R2R dac
Nov 25, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #571 of 1,025
Hi Richard,
yes the pin config is correct.

Alvin (he immediately picked up my help request) and also the Nuprime dealer (I called it this afternoon) are seriously supporting me, we will get this fixed, I am not worried about it.

Nuprime dealer is actually investigating if I2S via HDMI support the PCM as DSD signal goes through with no issues with the old DSP card.

So there is an option that the device is not fully compatible with the Terminator, then I will have just learned something new :) I am actually testing the Nuprime.

Cheers,
Nicola

Dec 10, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #572 of 1,025
I just saw the "new-old-stock" review on Steve Guttenberg's YouTube channel (Dec. 2019).
Now there's an influencer that's been drinkin' his Kool-Aid.

Dec 15, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #574 of 1,025
Dec 15, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #577 of 1,025
Alvin and Vinshine are top notch with their cs.

I bought Hestia pre amp while ago and it was just a few days after payment when it was delivered to my door steps (Singapore->EU).

Stunning device for the price, both sound and built quality is just awesome :grinning:

Dec 15, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #579 of 1,025
Hi Richard,
I happy to update the issue I had using the I2S input, the Terminator works perfectly it is just not fully compatible with the Nuprime.

I purchased a Jay's audio and the I2S works perfectly, I can say is a perfect match with the Terminator, great machine a huge step above the Nuprime.

I love the combination.
Cheers

Dec 15, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #580 of 1,025
Hi Richard,
I happy to update the issue I had using the I2S input, the Terminator works perfectly it is just not fully compatible with the Nuprime.

I purchased a Jay's audio and the I2S works perfectly, I can say is a perfect match with the Terminator, great machine a huge step above the Nuprime.

I love the combination.
Cheers

Hi Snicks,

Nice and thanks for sharing on your new toy :)

Indeed i2s is one of best sounding if not the best and I am using also Jay's Audio cdt2 after Alvin's recommendation and no regret .. aesthetically matching is an added bonus.

Nice also that i2s seems oblivious to $2-3k interconnects for other digital connectivities but I still got the pangeau silver hdmi in shortest possible length after trying monoprice and others:

https://www.amazon.com/Pangea-Audio-HD23PC-Premier-Silver/dp/B073ZM9TW5

Nevertheless if you deal with dsd files, usb can sound better since Jay's Audio only plays redbook CD while dsd music is often better treated in production although not all the time.

For the same recording, I would go via usb from cheapo himedia q10 media player treated with 12v lps and ideon 3R usb regen/reclock which sounds different but no less enjoyable ... ordered the allo usb bridge signature for this dsd playback as temporarily transferred car's allo digione signature with coaxial output down-sampled to 192khz pcm with dual 5v supply from ifi iusb3.0 sounded really excellent to betta the mentioned himedia dsd playback.

My journey continues .... and all thanks to the Denafrips Terminator :)

Cheers.

Richard

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #581 of 1,025
Question: If I use this DAC in conjunction with a MicroZOTL, Modwright or other holographic tube linestage, will my head explode?

Hi,

I am using the Audible Illusion L3A Blackgate Edition and sound pretty ok with the modded 1.7i with humblebee crossover amd sanders magtech 500w@4ohm/900w@8ohm.

Not sure what you meant by exploding head but guess more euphoric tubed amp can only sound betta depending on the other components in your system.

Cheers.

Richard

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #584 of 1,025
Hello guys,

Thank you for the support! Happy holiday season!
Enjoy the music
smile.png

Best,
Alvin
www.vinshineaudio.com

Dec 17, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #585 of 1,025
Anybody found network transport with Roon, MQA and i2s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back