DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view
Aug 10, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #1,053 of 3,907
Anyone have a Saturn? :red_car:

Aug 15, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #1,055 of 3,907
Hi all, just discovered this post and still reading through it. Lots of great/exciting promises. Quick question, does anyone know if DENAFRIPS a Taiwan based company or China?
I'm from Taiwan and I never saw anyone discussing about Denafrips on any Taiwanese forums. Didn't know they have FB page and special product for Taiwan before I came across this thread.
And they use simplified Chinese on the box , so there you go:)
Not sure why previous posts think they're form Taiwan though.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #1,056 of 3,907
I'm from Taiwan and I never saw anyone discussing about Denafrips on any Taiwanese forums. Didn't know they have FB page and special product for Taiwan before I came across this thread.
And they use simplified Chinese on the box , so there you go:)
Not sure why previous posts think they're form Taiwan though.

Hi TPSRA, DENAFRIPS is located in Guang Zhou, China, where many great audio manufacturers based in.

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #1,057 of 3,907
Hi guys, Does anyone know what kind of power cord does Ares have? is it a common generic one?

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #1,058 of 3,907
Aug 28, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #1,059 of 3,907
Hey everybody,

Based on this thread, I just bought an Ares DAC. It's still burning in, but I am already impressed (considering the price - as I'm currently located in China, I payed around 500 EUR)!

However, I'd like to ask, whether or not, the Ares would benefit from adding a Singxer SU-1 or not. Someone wrote this somewhere in this thread, but if I buy the singxer I would have to buy another coax cable. Then it's around 400+ EUR more somit might be the better choice to sell the ares and get the next bigger model instead - looking for some advice/opinions here!

Thanks to everyone who contributed here so far - just glad that I came across this thread before buying an Gustard u20 pro :))

David

Aug 28, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #1,060 of 3,907
Hey everybody,

Based on this thread, I just bought an Ares DAC. It's still burning in, but I am already impressed (considering the price - as I'm currently located in China, I payed around 500 EUR)!

However, I'd like to ask, whether or not, the Ares would benefit from adding a Singxer SU-1 or not. Someone wrote this somewhere in this thread, but if I buy the singxer I would have to buy another coax cable. Then it's around 400+ EUR more somit might be the better choice to sell the ares and get the next bigger model instead - looking for some advice/opinions here!

Thanks to everyone who contributed here so far - just glad that I came across this thread before buying an Gustard u20 pro :))

David

The difference would be minimal at best :wink: The USB implementation on the Ares is quite good, I actually found it better than the coax input.
Money would be much better spent on the better model :yum:

Aug 28, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #1,061 of 3,907
The difference would be minimal at best :wink: The USB implementation on the Ares is quite good, I actually found it better than the coax input.
Money would be much better spent on the better model :yum:

Hey ZGojira,

Thanks for your quick reply! I would have thought the same if I wouldn't somehow remember that someone in this thread wrote that he fancied it.

However, it's off the table now. But it's a (most welcome) surprise to me, that the USB input is even BETTER then coax.. wow!

After appr. 50h it already sounds REALLY good to my ears - there could be a little bit more... hm something I can't really name (listening to Mahler 3rd) but overall (and for ALL non classical stuff) - it's incredible..... a 500 EUR DAC!!!! Playing on that level - I'm getting really interested in the bigger models now....

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #1,063 of 3,907
Today I received Ares. I want to express my gratitude for the quality goods, excellent packaging, Alvin for the pleasant communication and very quick sending! Many thanks for this attitude to the client! Very satisfied with the cooperation!

Sep 6, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #1,064 of 3,907
I have also just joined the Ares club.

I did upgrade from Mimby to Ares. The Mimby did a great job in my old setup (Burson Soloist SL/HD700). But after buying a pair of STAX sr007mk2 and SRM-353x I was in the market for a better and balanced dac.

So after reading this thread, I did take the chance.

Got around 50 hrs on Ares and so far really impressed and happy with the buy.

Sep 14, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #1,065 of 3,907
It would be great to see a comparison between this, the new Audio-gd R2R and the Soekris DAC1321...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back