1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by pitbul34, Jan 28, 2017.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. sypderman88
    ok..just bought a unit of 68 R2R to try ...

2. rudra
  3. Krit
    For this price point for complete R2R dac, It would be very interesting to see some reviews of the ARES against other well established DAC. Its so tempting to buy one and try it out.

4. ToroFiestaSol
    Next chinese billionaire:

The one who releases a great, fully balanced NOS R2R DAC, under 2000€, with an ethernet connection and good looking casework (sober, black, no orange sides and no volume control).

Next chinese billionaire, hope you're reading this.

5. Energy

I agree with you.

Holo Audio Spring, in my opinion, has a very unpleasant color with its copper sides. It's screen is also very old school, doesn't ring high end even though it sounds great for under $2000.

Proper implementation for a volume control to not affect sound quality is another difficulty that some companies have to acess.

Question however, but what does the eternet connection accomplish?

6. ToroFiestaSol

For me, as I have a NAS, convenience, also I don't like USB or additional boxes (less is more, don't like to "fix" anything)
    Also, the only NOS DAC with ethernet connection is Totaldac with streamer option ($$$$)...would be nice to have an affordable, high performance NOS DAC with that connecion.

EDIT: Think it this way, Holo Spring costs 1700$, and is suposed to sound best with I2S, so you need a USB to I2S interface to enjoy the DAC full potential. That means Singxer SU-1 (400$)...the Holo Spring is a 2100$ DAC if you want to enjoy the 100% of the sound quality.
    A 1700$ DAC with an ethernet connection (fully isolated, not like USB) is...a 1700$ DAC, no need to get additional boxes.

7. PitBul34
    Once again - Denafrips 'Ares' R2R Ladder DAC & Teac VRDS10 as a CD digital transport - test #014

8. Krit

The sound signature seems very analog like. Very smooth mid's and upper bass (not sure if its the dac or its because of your overall system sound signature).

9. PitBul34

I think both, thank you!

Electronic music, test #015:

10. PitBul34
    =

11. m-i-c-k-e-y
    Came across Denafrips last year while searching for a new Gustard DAC model on ShenzhenAudio and Taobao.

They have also Headamps I believe. Hoping to have some more info on it. Especially on their updated Dac1Pro "Terminator".

Have hopes in this company on producing on mega bang-for-the-buck components.

Will see when more reviews will come in.

12. Mr Pluto
    PitBul34

Can you please the describe the sound of ARES vs HOLO?

P.S. I also followed Your Russian forum. Why they suspended you?

13. Mr Pluto
    Also I`m new here so all welcome notes, cakes and pizzas welcome! [​IMG]

I appreciate if someone can tell me how I can change the default account icon?

Best regards to all fellow audiophiles!

14. PitBul34
    Denafrips 'Ares' R2R Ladder DAC & heavy metal,  test #016

15. PitBul34
    Because of Denafrips is the real "killer" of many hi-priced and overpriced DACs, f.e. Holo Spring. I think, admin has been affiliated with a russian digital audio gear shop (they selling Holo Spring Ver 1 for about $2000 - http://hi-audio.ru/capy.html ) So, i think, this was the real reason why they suspended me. 

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last