DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view
Feb 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #49 of 3,907
Next chinese billionaire:

The one who releases a great, fully balanced NOS R2R DAC, under 2000€, with an ethernet connection and good looking casework (sober, black, no orange sides and no volume control).

Next chinese billionaire, hope you're reading this.

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #50 of 3,907
Next chinese billionaire:

The one who releases a great, fully balanced NOS R2R DAC, under 2000€, with an ethernet connection and good looking casework (sober, black, no orange sides and no volume control).

Next chinese billionaire, hope you're reading this.

I agree with you.

Holo Audio Spring, in my opinion, has a very unpleasant color with its copper sides. It's screen is also very old school, doesn't ring high end even though it sounds great for under $2000.

Proper implementation for a volume control to not affect sound quality is another difficulty that some companies have to acess.

Question however, but what does the eternet connection accomplish?

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #51 of 3,907
I agree with you.

Holo Audio Spring, in my opinion, has a very unpleasant color with its copper sides. It's screen is also very old school, doesn't ring high end even though it sounds great for under $2000.

Proper implementation for a volume control to not affect sound quality is another difficulty that some companies have to acess.

Question however, but what does the eternet connection accomplish?

For me, as I have a NAS, convenience, also I don't like USB or additional boxes (less is more, don't like to "fix" anything)
Also, the only NOS DAC with ethernet connection is Totaldac with streamer option ($$$$)...would be nice to have an affordable, high performance NOS DAC with that connecion.

EDIT: Think it this way, Holo Spring costs 1700$, and is suposed to sound best with I2S, so you need a USB to I2S interface to enjoy the DAC full potential. That means Singxer SU-1 (400$)...the Holo Spring is a 2100$ DAC if you want to enjoy the 100% of the sound quality.
A 1700$ DAC with an ethernet connection (fully isolated, not like USB) is...a 1700$ DAC, no need to get additional boxes.

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #56 of 3,907
Came across Denafrips last year while searching for a new Gustard DAC model on ShenzhenAudio and Taobao.

They have also Headamps I believe. Hoping to have some more info on it. Especially on their updated Dac1Pro "Terminator".

Have hopes in this company on producing on mega bang-for-the-buck components.

Will see when more reviews will come in.

Feb 12, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #58 of 3,907
Also I`m new here so all welcome notes, cakes and pizzas welcome!
popcorn.gif

I appreciate if someone can tell me how I can change the default account icon?

Best regards to all fellow audiophiles!

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #60 of 3,907
  PitBul34

Can you please the describe the sound of ARES vs HOLO?

P.S. I also followed Your Russian forum. Why they suspended you?

Because of Denafrips is the real "killer" of many hi-priced and overpriced DACs, f.e. Holo Spring. I think, admin has been affiliated with a russian digital audio gear shop (they selling Holo Spring Ver 1 for about $2000 - http://hi-audio.ru/capy.html ) So, i think, this was the real reason why they suspended me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back