Demo Hifiman headphones in (East) Bay Area?
Jul 23, 2012 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Mzisman4

New Head-Fier
First off, I'm sorry if this is misplaced but all the threads in the "Meets" section seemed more formal and this is kind of specific.

I'm really interested in a new set of cans.  After 4 years, I'm finally moving up from my esw9s.  I've spent a ton of time reading through the forum but am still struggling to decide between the he-400 and he-500 models.  Easy solution is letting my ears decide.  I've called a bunch of local shops but no one stocks them.  So I'm reaching out to the head-fi community. 

Any SF/Bay Area Head-Fiers with one or both sets of cans?  I'm in Berkeley but am willing to drive.

Thanks.

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
First off, I'm sorry if this is misplaced but all the threads in the "Meets" section seemed more formal and this is kind of specific.

I'm really interested in a new set of cans.  After 4 years, I'm finally moving up from my esw9s.  I've spent a ton of time reading through the forum but am still struggling to decide between the he-400 and he-500 models.  Easy solution is letting my ears decide.  I've called a bunch of local shops but no one stocks them.  So I'm reaching out to the head-fi community. 

Any SF/Bay Area Head-Fiers with one or both sets of cans?  I'm in Berkeley but am willing to drive.

Thanks.

I would love to help as I live just outside SF in a town called Foster City. But I do not own any Hifiman headphones. Sorry
frown.gif

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 9
Seeing as someone else on the forums let me come to their place to listen to them, karma-wise I feel like I should return the favor.  I've got the HE-500, and you can come by if you want to listen to them.  Don't have the HE-400's.

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 9
Wolfetan, It's the thought that counts 
normal_smile .gif

SanJoseCanJunkie, assuming you're in San Jose, I'll shoot you a pm and see if we can figure out a day that works for you. I really appreciate it.

Jul 24, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #5 of 9
I'm not in San Jose, Costa Rica, no :)

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #7 of 9
If your meet with SanJoseCanJunkie doesn't pan out, you can listen to my he-500s.  I'm always looking for an excuse to visit my alma mater so I would be willing to meet somewhere on campus.  It should be noted that my setup is not quite as nice as SanJose's so if you can manage a meet with him I suggest you jump on the offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back