Dekoni Blue Loaner Tour
Aug 17, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #46 of 97
Thanks, just didnt want to lose track.

Of course! We’re trying to keep the second post up-to-date with who has the headphone now and an estimated time the headphones arrive to the next person.

If you look at the list and see a potential availability conflict, please message us, so you can get a full demo week and we can keep the tour moving for everyone :)

Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Sep 2, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #49 of 97
Time is drawing near. I have my Mk3 and my Mad Dogs waiting for the reunion with their long lost cousin.

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #51 of 97
Woohoo! They are getting closer! Any day now I'll have them in my clutches.

Sep 14, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #52 of 97
Been enjoying these cans! I'll upload some pics soon but I shall share some quick impressions:

Pros:
-Musical, engaging and does not fatigue easily.
-Comfortable, the Dekoni pads are now on my short list for replacements on my other headphones. The quality is definitely there.
-Bass is well defined and I do not feel it is overdone. It has bloom, but it is nicely done and enjoyable.
-Slick headband logo, paint job and they appear and feel bomb proof.
-For the money these are a pretty good deal, especially considering the pad cost.
-**The Fostex HPA4B combo unit that came on the tour is an incredibly capable unit for its size. Worthy of a praise on its own**-

Cons:
-Treble/Mid response is not very rounded, string plucks lack some authority and bite.
-No balanced capability without heavy modification (Inherent design of the headphone, can't really hold onto this one too tight)
-Over-dampened, I'm sure this can be corrected a bit via modding which I mean hey, modding is what this headphone is famous for. I'm sure the treble/midrange would fall in line with my tastes doing so. As-is it's got this kind of 'carpet' sound to it. *edit* after spending more time, my ears adjusted in a positive way to these headphones. I may be a bit too used to the air on my HE-560's so ymmv.

As with all headphones there are pros and cons, thankfully this one has more pros when it comes to sound than most in its price bracket.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #54 of 97
Disclaimer: It's been around 2 weeks since I shipped the Dekoni blue to the next person in the tour, so my impressions are from memory and may be not as accurate.

The build quality is good, they feel really sturdy. The only other T50rp I've tested were the Massdrop x Fostex T-X0 (which are based on the MKII). As far as I can tell both headphones share a lot of characteristics, so if you have one of those you can expect something similar. The comfort is very good, I like that my ears don't sweat as much as with other headphones, I could wear them for hours without any kind of discomfort. As for the sound signature it's a very relaxed one, the mids are a little recessed but after a couple of minutes you get used to that. One thing that continues to be true is that you need a powerful amplifier for these headphones, the HP-A4BL (provided for the tour) was a really nice surprise it pairs pretty well with the Dekoni Blue, I really liked that combination. If I were to pick an amp for these I would pick something bright. The only thing I would change is the cable connection, a connection like the one in the T60rp would be better to use balanced cables without having to do a mod. I prefer more mid forward headphones, but adjusting it via an equalizer improves the sound, I added some mid range and I liked them more.

In conclusion, nice headphone, very relaxed and nice for long sessions, just be aware that a powerful amp is required to have good results.

Sep 20, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #55 of 97
I'd be interested in trying out the headphones. Im in the market for something a little less open backed than what I have now. The T50RP (and its various modded versions) keeps coming up as something that might check the box.

I agree to all of the terms and conditions.

Sep 20, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #56 of 97
Hey everybody,
Some good news to share: we have allocated a second Dekoni Blue + Fostex HP-A4 DAC/AMP to the tour! Now, everyone will get to hear their demo twice as soon. Bundle #2 is on it’s way to @Cruelhand Luke as of today, and Bundle #1 was already on the way to @Wiljen. We’ll reorganize post #2 with the mailing order and estimated delivery to account for this.

Huzzah!

Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Sep 20, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #57 of 97
Hey everybody,
Some good news to share: we have allocated a second Dekoni Blue + Fostex HP-A4 DAC/AMP to the tour! Now, everyone will get to hear their demo twice as soon. Bundle #2 is on it’s way to @Cruelhand Luke as of today, and Bundle #1 was already on the way to @Wiljen. We’ll reorganize post #2 with the mailing order and estimated delivery to account for this.

Huzzah!
This is great news. My Argons and TR 90 are showing up tomorrow so I have an exciting week ahead of me.

Sep 24, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #58 of 97
I'm impressed with the amount of bass extension Dekoni has managed to coax out of the Fostex driver. I've always felt one of the inherent drawbacks to the t50rp drivers is that it doesnt reach particularly deep. The Blue sounds more like the 900 than the rp series at least in regard to bass extension. I think the 900 is cleaner in the mid-bass than the Blue, but the extension is close.

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #59 of 97
I'm impressed with the amount of bass extension Dekoni has managed to coax out of the Fostex driver. I've always felt one of the inherent drawbacks to the t50rp drivers is that it doesnt reach particularly deep. The Blue sounds more like the 900 than the rp series at least in regard to bass extension. I think the 900 is cleaner in the mid-bass than the Blue, but the extension is close.
I would second this feeling in regards to the bass extension...I just got the Dekonis today and I'm doing a quick a/b between them and my Argons and as far as bass goes, they are very close...mmmmaybe the Argon is dipping a tiny bit deeper? Hard to say.
My other quick first impression is that the Argon is a warmer darker headphone, mids are a little more forward, treble isn't quite as forward; relatively speaking the Dekoni has a little more sparkle and activity in the treble.
The one thing they both have in common is once I put them on and start listening, I kind of forget I'm supposed to be listening critically and get lost in the music...they are both traps!

Sep 29, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #60 of 97
My review is posted both here and on my blog. I will have the Blue headed onward come Monday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back