DECWARE HAS RELEASED A DAC!! ZDAC-1
Apr 5, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #32 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by decware
For ten years we've been hearing "When is Decware going to come out with a DAC?" The answer has always been the same: "When we can make one as impressive for the dollar as the rest of our products".

LOL!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #34 of 108
Also as an FYI based on your sig, the new line of HRT Music Stramer DACs are 24/96 Asynch USB DACs well under the $1,000 point.

Apr 5, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #36 of 108
Apr 5, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #37 of 108
So the digital board is OEM'd to spec from China, and the analog output stage is designed and built by Decware. This is not so different to how most DACs are made. As always, the proof of value will be in the final sonic result.

Apr 5, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #38 of 108
Interesting stuff. I was wondering about the DIR9001, as the limited opportunity I've had to compare both had the DIR9001 give a better result over the 8412. However, if the 8412 can be coaxed to give just as good results in a DAC (I'm thinking along the lines of the Northstar I owned, which was similar) then all well and good. Maybe they've built the equivalent or better for a great price.

A good thing though is the proliferation of interesting DACs between $400 to $1000. When I started, there wasn't a lot available in that price range, at least that was well known.

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #39 of 108
Did anyone save the image of the ZDAC internals?

Steve has pulled it off his website but I wanted to do a comparision. Thanks!

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #40 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn_low /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone save the image of the ZDAC internals?

Steve has pulled it off his website but I wanted to do a comparision. Thanks!

he sure did.. wonder why?

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #43 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Br777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
he sure did.. wonder why?

Read his design notes - he expresses his impatience with those "...who take things out of context and start internet gossip about Decware selling out to China."

Apr 7, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #45 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read his design notes - he expresses his impatience with those "...who take things out of context and start internet gossip about Decware selling out to China."

confused_face_2.gif

A lot of Western gear is OEM'd by Chinese manufacturers...it doesn't mean they sold out. The reality in this day and age is simple, manufacturing costs are much lower in China for no loss in quality of the end product. It's a matter of being able to compete in a price bracket that is already jammed full of competition. No ulterior motive implied but it's best to be honest about what's under the lid IMO. Not having internal pics invites doubt in these circles....

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back