DECWARE HAS RELEASED A DAC!! ZDAC-1
Apr 1, 2010 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 108

Br777

Headphoneus Supremus
and I want it! saaaaayy.. anybody wanna lend me $800?
biggrin.gif

Audiophile Tube Amps and Tube Gear from DECWARE

Apr 1, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 108
my dream amp has been a csp2, now i want one even more so i can buy this dac to match :)

I'm convinced Decware is one of the best brands around, and i dont think ive ever seen anything but shining reviews for Steve's gear, not to mention his friendliness, and awesome customer service

the only problem i have now is that im running out of possessions to sell ;-(

I cant wait to hear reviews on this DAC

Apr 2, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #6 of 108
Ummm, I was just listening to my ZCD and loving it and now this?!
confused_face_2.gif

I was planning on getting the Wyred 4 Sound DAC once it was released but now I am torn. I have had awesome experiences with gear from both Decware and W4S.

I wonder if Steve would compare the sound of the DAC to the ZCD?

EDIT: 30 day money back trial means I am trying this puppy out. Just waiting for my tax return....

Apr 2, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #8 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperDuel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I almost decide to buy it when I read this:

Stereophile class A? Please.... Find out what real fidelity sounds like with our
30 day money back trial!

his website says that everywhere... i just look at it as his own unique brand of marketing - silly as it may be... Honestly it doesn't seem to fit his personality, and yet he is clearly very confident in the quality of his product, and i have never seen a review to refute that, especially given his price range being substantially lower than many others in its class, so when i read that, i attribute it to part marketing strategy and part truth, but mostly silly marketing..

I own so many products from so many companies that frankly had the stupidest or worst marketing scheme i had ever seen, but in the end, they were great products so i got over it.

read some decware reviews, or just take him up on his trial offer.. he does honor it, and i dont believe he gets many returns..

Im finding it near impossibly to find any of his gear for sale, cause no one wants to part with it.

and im stepping off my soapbox.... now...

Apr 2, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #12 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the CS8416+CS8421+CS4398 USB configuration is identical to the chipset used in this eBay DAC.

Hi End 24/192 DAC DA CONVERTER CS8416+CS8421+CS4398 USB - eBay (item 120475209524 end time Apr-28-10 01:00:34 PDT)

The circuit boards are so similar, down to the color and how some of the digital chips are mounted on raised smaller boards. Makes one wonder...

wow! well... there's only 1 logical thing to do.. *ahem rich people*, buy them both and compare
wink_face.gif

but really, wow, thats... well... i just dont know what that is...

id love to hear what some people with good technical understandings make of this.. are they really identical?

Apr 2, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #15 of 108
Guys,

I am sorry but it doesn't look at all the same when comparing the pictures. Maybe the chip usage appears to be similar but the internals and the position of the connectors on the back just don't match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back